Thread: Drifter

Default Drifter

Have you read Drifter by Ivan Brandon and Nic Klein? The reviews I’ve read rate it as horrible or great, with not much in between. I tried reading volume one and didn’t finish, I wasn’t enjoying it, but curiosity has hit me for it again now that it’s finished.

Beautiful art, really interesting concept and setting (one of my favorite genres [space western]), incredibly confusing script.

I felt like it was confusing and hard to keep track of, I ended up giving up on it. I think I still have a few unread issues lying around. I loved the art and the setting, but it wasn't clicking for me otherwise.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Beautiful art, really interesting concept and setting (one of my favorite genres [space western]), incredibly confusing script.
    Couldn't have put it any better. It looked great, I liked the setting of the stranded astronaut on a planet that was a western outlaw style setting, but the story never really took shape for me. The ending was good, but getting there was hard.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I'm just adding agreement, particularly with cc008, I liked it, I liked it, I got confused/bored and quit.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet