Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shonen Jump

Extraordinary Member

Default Shonen Jump

Shonen Jump is a Japanese Company which distributes famous Manga like Dragonball, Jojo, Naruto, and My Hero Academia. Although Jump itself mainly produces Manga, the majority of them have been adapted into highly successful anime, which is why I'm making this thread in this subforum. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the various series running in Jump and have a good time in general. Some of the series already have their own threads, but they can still be discussed here as well

Now is a very good time to look into Jump, as they have recently revamped their online service. The New Weekly issues are now freely available in english, simultaneously published with Japan, and access to the entire back log is only 1.99.

-----

To kick the discussion off, I'm going to give my thoughts on the recently released Chapters (The ones I read, anyway) and the series as a whole

Boruto: An alright Chapter. I'm aware that Naruto is holding back for strategic reasons, but I still think Delta is being pushed as too threatening to him, but it's a minor issue all things considered. I'm liking Kawaki more than I ever expected to. Boruto himself hasn't really wowed me, though I do like the growth I've seen so far. Sarada needs more screentime

Chainsaw Man: I'm iffy on this series overall, as the lead character is somewhat inconsistant as far as likeability goes, but this chapter is a decent send off to the current arc

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba: This chapter really showcases how far our boy Tanjiro Kamado has come

Dr. Stone: A Very Solid chapter from a great series, and the ending bit reminds me of way back when Kohaku was introduced. It's a kind of seismic shift that changes the status quo in a way that's different from Senku shifting his focus

Dragonball Super: I'm loving what they're doing with Vegeta in this arc, and I like the new villain as well, even If I can clearly see parallels between him and previous bad guys

Hell Warden Higuma: A Solid chapter, and I'm really enjoying the fact that Higuma has a personal stake in this battle.

My Hero Academia: Eri is adorable. Enough said.

The Promised Neverland: Another solid chapter, I don't really have much to say about this one.

One Piece: A characteristically stuffed Chapter from One Piece. The Robin gag made me lol, andof all the ongoing plots, The Big Mom stuff is what I'm most eager to see play out.

I read Hell Warden, Chainsaw Man, One Piece, and Ne0;lation

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I read Hell Warden, Chainsaw Man, One Piece, and Ne0;lation
    What did you think of them this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    What did you think of them this week?
    I enjoyed them all. Chainsaw man is my favorite, reminds me of Devilman Crybaby, but One Piece had a really good chapter this week.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I enjoyed them all. Chainsaw man is my favorite, reminds me of Devilman Crybaby, but One Piece had a really good chapter this week.
    I agree. What do you think will happen with Big Mom?

I agree. What do you think will happen with Big Mom?
    I'll use tags just incase.

spoilers:
    They're headed to the prison, so she might end up helping Luffy break out. Become friends with the Strawhats and help take down Kiedo. She might die to make room for the next generation of Yonko
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    I doubt she'll die, but I do think She'll fight Kaido
    end of spoilers

BANNED

I don't know if i am off topic but this week, my new novel, The Scarlet Fighter of the Eaerth, is being released in Greece.
    It is, what i call, a story with many shonen elements.

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia starts a new arc with some world building, a new villain group that's out to take down the League of Villains, and Todoroki and Bakugo are about to make their hero debut. Still early for the arc but the chapter was lots of fun.

In Black Clover Noelle gets help from Jack and there's tons of weird developments going on in the final boss chamber. I'm honestly a bit lost about who the dude with hair covering his eyes is.

Extraordinary Member

I'm excited to see where this MHA arc goes from here. Not sure what to think of the new villain.

Extraordinary Member

Sunday, new Chapter day!

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Extraordinary Member

Hell Warden Higuma: Higuma's character development is very interesting so far.

Chainsaw Man: I got to admit, this series is doing the Anime pervert schtick in a kind of interesting way

Kimetsu no Yaiba: I really like Tanjiro's philosophy here

The Last Saiyuki: A new series from Jump. Pretty good so far, though I can't find an artist for it?

Extraordinary Member

Blue Exorcist: Rin gets to the conclusion of his little time travel investigation and it is as heartbreaking for him as one would expect.

Food Wars: I'm starting to think that the tournament style arc is the least interesting way for this series to tell its story. It's rarely ever not predictable how matches will go and after the outcome the losing character is kinda in limbo and at best relegated to commentary work.

Also, I'm completely uninterested in another arc focusing on Erina and her relationship issues with her parents. Though, her mom is kinda funny.

Extraordinary Member

Dark, did you check out the New Manga that just started, The Last Saiyuki?

spoilers:
    I doubt she'll die, but I do think She'll fight Kaido
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    She might get involved, but my guess is that Blackbeard and Moriah will show up and attack Kaido. Moriah may or may not be joining with Blackbeard, and he has some backstory with Kaido that was established way back in the Thriller Bark arc.
    end of spoilers