Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shonen Jump

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    spoilers:
    She might get involved, but my guess is that Blackbeard and Moriah will show up and attack Kaido. Moriah may or may not be joining with Blackbeard, and he has some backstory with Kaido that was established way back in the Thriller Bark arc.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

I doubt Moriah will be joining Blackbeard. It seemed more like He was about to die
    end of spoilers

No One piece this week. All the others I follow were good.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Dark, did you check out the New Manga that just started, The Last Saiyuki?
    Just did.

It's an interesting premise and rather well told. Though I'm not sure the father handled any of that very well.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, relying on what is basically an arranged marriage to save the world is an iffy prospect

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yeah, relying on what is basically an arranged marriage to save the world is an iffy prospect
    I was a bit confused about that since the in the first few pages she's identified as the "sister" of the protagonist. But the last few pages seems to indicate that the father wants them to marry or something along those lines.

Extraordinary Member

The Black Clover anime has now introduced my two favourite characters in the series as it enters one of my favourie tournament arcs.

They've gotten a good voice for spoilers:
    Zora
    end of spoilers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I was a bit confused about that since the in the first few pages she's identified as the "sister" of the protagonist. But the last few pages seems to indicate that the father wants them to marry or something along those lines.
    Yeah, that's just not right

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: That's a lot of fan service. Not that I'm complaining.

And damn, Queen's bounty is quite significantly higher than Katakuri's. I wonder ancient zoan fruit he's got.

I had to look up who Kawamatsu was. There's so much going on in this arc and I love it, just this chapter Zoro's sword being stolen was just an aside.

Black Clover: Ok, so this might be the big bad of the entire series. Basically, the devil. He's got a creepy design.

My Hero Academia: I am so ready for a League of Villains-centric flashback. I've been wanting to see what they've been up to for quite some time now.

Extraordinary Member

My guess for Queen is some sort of Triceratops fruit

Boruto has too much filler for my tastes... 100 episodes in and nearly half is just wasting time... But Naruto Shippuden suffered from that issue too...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ysosrs View Post
    Boruto has too much filler for my tastes... 100 episodes in and nearly half is just wasting time... But Naruto Shippuden suffered from that issue too...
    Can an anime that's not really based on a manga have Filler?

Extraordinary Member

Chainsawman: This gun devil is getting hyped up fierce. Also I'd lay odds that the kid in the Flashback is Denji's partner

Kimetsu no Yaiba: Nothing to comment on plotwise, just a solid action chapter

The Promised Neverland: Ominous developements regarding Sungju

Hell Warden Higuma: Absolutely great character work with Ayaha and Higuma this chapter

The Last Saiyuki: Really complicated feels in this one.

Extraordinary Member

New comics are out!

Extraordinary Member

My Hero Academia: I'm all about an arc focused on the League of Villains, and this chapter shows one of my favourite aspects about them. They're basically still just starting up and despite being skilled and powerful, they have zero funds and are **** at networking.

It also shows that they're very human with Spinner's distrusts of society due to being a victim of racism. He really believes that he can do something about the crap in society. He may not have Stain's focus, but the inspiration is real.

And we might see if the doctor theory turns out to be true.

Black Clover: Like, this dude really feels like a final boss and I'm not sure where the story will go with him. That's neat.

One Piece: There's a lot of stuff going on, and I totally need to re-read this arc already to get everything straight. Fun chapter, I always welcome anything with Hawkins and Drake.

I wonder, but doubt, if this big dude will be Zoro's first proper opponent since the timeskip.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

MHA leaning into the X-Men mythos a bit with Spinner and racism was an unexpected surprise. I'd like to see it explored some more especially with the kids when we go back to them.

Black Clover has definitely picked up since the elf possession arc was kinda starting to drag a bit. I get the feeling that the big bad is gonna kill a major character before getting away and hiding in one of the hostile countries thus setting up the possible final arc where we learn everything about Asta and Yuno along with their books.