Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    This is truly dispiriting news. A darker take is the last thing this film needs.
    That does seem like a stupid idea considering the lighter tone of Aquaman and what Shazam! and Birds of Prey look like they are going to be. Just doesn't seem to fit what Flash is like as a character.
    I think it should be in the same tone as Shazam! looks like it is going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    That does seem like a stupid idea considering the lighter tone of Aquaman and what Shazam! and Birds of Prey look like they are going to be. Just doesn't seem to fit what Flash is like as a character.
    I think it should be in the same tone as Shazam! looks like it is going to be.
    Couldn't agree more. I also saw a rumor that pedro Pascal is playing dr fate in WW next year. Didn't even know Pascal was in the movie

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Out of all the things I didn't like about Snyders vision of the DCU his take on the Flash is one of the biggies. I hate that they turned Barry in Wally lite just to have a goofy kid on the team. If they dump Miller and move on with and older Barry I would not be unhappy at all.

WB needs to decide once and for all which character they want to use. Either use Barry or use Wally, but stop mixing them together and cherry picking bits from each.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Out of all the things I didn't like about Snyders vision of the DCU his take on the Flash is one of the biggies. I hate that they turned Barry in Wally lite just to have a goofy kid on the team. If they dump Miller and move on with and older Barry I would not be unhappy at all.

WB needs to decide once and for all which character they want to use. Either use Barry or use Wally, but stop mixing them together and cherry picking bits from each.
    Just seems like more chaos with the Flash movie. The studio hired directors they liked. The directors turned in a script keeping in line with what the studio wants with their movies moving forward, lighter and more cheerful.
    And now all of a sudden the actor wants a darker Flash. Why? Is Ezra clueless about the Flash? And why is the studio even letting him do this? And what do the directors think about this. Are we getting yet another director?
    Just fire Ezra and move on. We are getting a new Batman, a new Deadshot, and probably a new Superman. There are 5,000 other actors that would be perfectly happy with the script the studio already has. It doesn't even
    have to be Barry Allen. Just make a Wally West movie and use that as the explanation as to why this is a different Flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post

I think Barry Allen was the only enjoyable thing to come out of Snyder's movies. I don't get hung up on whether Flash had this name or that name, just on whether the character is entertaining. Barry stood out as one of the only enjoyable aspects of the trilogy.

I hated Justice League and Ezra Miller's Flash was one of my least favorite parts. I'm kind of hoping he ends up on the outs and we get a Flash movie done with a similar style to what Shazam looks like will be. Honestly, I'd love to see a Into The Flash-Verse type movie. He's the perfect character for something like that. Super light and kinetic.

I'm thinking that any comments from Ezra Miller regarding making the Flash movie "darker" are being blown out of proportion.

Watching the interview linked to in my OP, you can clearly see he has a fanboy geek love of the character and of Flash's importance to DC. He seems to respect the character and wants to get it just right.

We don't know what the scripts were that he rejected. Maybe they were too light (i.e. childish and stupid), and that's also not a direction Flash should go in. Flash is fun and has colorful, over the top villains, but the stories were always done in a serious manner no matter what crazy thing happened to Flash -- like being turned into a puppet.

The fact that he's partnering with Grant Morrison tells me he's not going to go the Zach Snyder route. Morrison is another writer who understands that you can put all the goofy, Silver Age elements in a story that you want, but still keep a serious tone. I don't think Morrison does Snyder-dark superhero comics, so obviously that's not what Ezra Miller is going for in seeking out Grant Morrison.

If Morrison does the type of story that he's done in his Justice League run or his current Green Lantern run, we'll get a Flash movie that is fun, mindbending, but still with enough weight to it that you can take it seriously.

That would be exactly what I want, so right now I'm on board with the Miller-Morrison team.