Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Encouraged by EZRA MILLER'S FLASH MOVIE interview

Ezra Miller gave an interview during the press junket for Fantastic Beasts where he talks about the Flash solo movie and why it's taking so long.

He seems to know a lot about Flash and how the DC Multiverse works, and that's a good thing because he's saying that that's why it's taking so long to get the script just right. He and the filmmakers want it to be a "gift to the fans."

It seems he's talking about the comics fans rather than the come-lately movie fans, and that's encouraging to hear.

You can listen to the interview on the Flashsolo Twitter page. It's only around 2 minutes, but it's good to hear him talk like a comics fan, and I think he articulates the underlying vision of the movie very well.

However, I'm still hoping with all the Multiverse stuff he talks about that the movie is NOT based on Flashpoint.

https://twitter.com/FlashsoloNews/st...219525/video/1

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Ezra Miller gave an interview during the press junket for Fantastic Beasts where he talks about the Flash solo movie and why it's taking so long.

He seems to know a lot about Flash and how the DC Multiverse works, and that's a good thing because he's saying that that's why it's taking so long to get the script just right. He and the filmmakers want it to be a "gift to the fans."

It seems he's talking about the comics fans rather than the come-lately movie fans, and that's encouraging to hear.

You can listen to the interview on the Flashsolo Twitter page. It's only around 2 minutes, but it's good to hear him talk like a comics fan, and I think he articulates the underlying vision of the movie very well.

However, I'm still hoping with all the Multiverse stuff he talks about that the movie is NOT based on Flashpoint.

https://twitter.com/FlashsoloNews/st...219525/video/1
    Flashpoint seems like the best option if getting a real justice league movie again. Batflek is now 100% out. Canvil is up in the air and from reports I've heard these fantastic beats movies are keeping Ezra busy and WBs is prioritizing that over the flash. But I do appreciate when actors are fans of the source material. Rubbed me the wrong way when you heard Trank told the cast not to read any F4 comics before they did that movie. Then you have people like Bernthal who weren't fans but when get got the role he did his research on punsiher comics and now can pull issue numbers and the writer from memory as well as most die hard comic fans.

Edit: by Canvil being up in the air I mean on the WB side. He clearly loves the role still. He posted a picture of him Witcher jacked next to superman statue. I have no doubts hes still all in. Supposedly he had a cameo in Shazam that he just couldn't get away from other project to do. So who knows but DCEU Batman is out and was too old imo to begin with if they wanted to keep crossing over going forward. Afflek woulda been good for a trilogy and done
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-24-2019 at 05:44 PM.

have fun with it. hopefully it comes out in the next 2 years. Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Flashpoint seems like the best option if getting a real justice league movie again. Batflek is now 100% out. Canvil is up in the air and from reports I've heard these fantastic beats movies are keeping Ezra busy and WBs is prioritizing that over the flash. But I do appreciate when actors are fans of the source material. Rubbed me the wrong way when you heard Trank told the cast not to read any F4 comics before they did that movie. Then you have people like Bernthal who weren't fans but when get got the role he did his research on punsiher comics and now can pull issue numbers and the writer from memory as well as most die hard comic fans.

Edit: by Canvil being up in the air I mean on the WB side. He clearly loves the role still. He posted a picture of him Witcher jacked next to superman statue. I have no doubts hes still all in. Supposedly he had a cameo in Shazam that he just couldn't get away from other project to do. So who knows but DCEU Batman is out and was too old imo to begin with if they wanted to keep crossing over going forward. Afflek woulda been good for a trilogy and done
    I understand that there is a disconnect if all of a sudden we get a new Batman in the DCEU without explaining it, but I don't want an entire movie devoted to doing so.

By and large, moviegoers, and now Warner Bros. brass, are just that invested in the existing DCEU, so spending a whole movie dealing with a Cinematic Universe that people don't care about in the first place isn't the way to go.

However, the basic takeaway from Flashpoint -- that there was a change to the multiverse and certain characters were deaged -- could be used to explain a Batman recasting. I just don't want it to be the focal point of the Flash movie -- more like a side effect that is addressed either verbally or visually at the end of the movie.

Ezra says in the interview that the Flash movie will go beyond the Multiverse and be about the "Speedster Multiverse."

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Miller
    "It's not just the DC Multiverse. It's the Speedster Multiverse. The Speedsters are the ones who connect the disparate pieces." "Marvel is a universe; it's one world with all of the same characters. DC is a multiverse. All these stories with different realities, different versions of characters, and the speedsters are the ones who move through it all. They're like the connecting bridge between all these collaged parts."
    So, as a result of Flash and other speedsters (say, Professor Zoom), moving through the Multiverse and throughout time, it has side effects on the timestream as a final consequence. That's fine, but I don't want to see the entire Flashpoint mini adapted with the whole movie being about alternate versions of the Justice League. You can't get people interested in alternate versions when they're not interested in all the regular versions to begin with.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-24-2019 at 06:03 PM.

I understand that there is a disconnect if all of a sudden we get a new Batman in the DCEU without explaining it, but I don't want an entire movie devoted to doing so.

By and large, moviegoers, and now Warner Bros. brass, are just that invested in the existing DCEU, so spending a whole movie dealing with a Cinematic Universe that people don't care about in the first place isn't the way to go.

However, the basic takeaway from Flashpoint -- that there was a change to the multiverse and certain characters were deaged -- could be used to explain a Batman recasting. I just don't want it to be the focal point of the Flash movie -- more like a side effect that is addressed either verbally or visually at the end of the movie.

Ezra says in the interview that the Flash movie will go beyond the Multiverse and be about the "Speedster Multiverse."

So, as a result of Flash and other speedsters (say, Professor Zoom), moving through the Multiverse and throughout time, it has side effects on the timestream as a final consequence. That's fine, but I don't want to see the entire Flashpoint mini adapted with the whole movie being about alternate versions of the Justice League. You can't get people interested in alternate versions when they're not interested in all the regular versions to begin with.
    That's makes sense. If the movies purpose was to just soft reboot everything the movie could suffer. So I totally get wanting the story to come first. That said I'd be fine with the just casting a new flash and starting everything over. Just ignore any Justice league refferance from Aquaman or WW franchises. Just feel like if we starting over mostly why not just go for a more typical Barry Allen. But that's mostly a comic fan issue the General audience seemed to like him a little more. But honestly its cause he was the only one who was actually funny. Aquaman was like Lunatic funny. But Batman and everyone who's not Flash had bad jokes. Flash actually made me laugh and I feel like that's why people liked him. They also thought he might be on the Spectrum. But I guess they can keep Ezra but maybe just make Barry seem less Neurotic

Nice things Miller said there. I wish them more success now.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I think Flashpoint is a terrible idea for the first Flash movie. I would much rather have a Flash movie that is just Flash taking on one of his villains like Captain Cold or Gorilla Grodd and not be forced to correct past mistakes.
    Not everyone is going to go see Flash and so people confused by a new Superman or Batman are still going to be confused. And really how many people outside the hardcore nerd culture even care.

Meh

I'll believe it when i see a trailer.

Eh, Spider-Verse wasn't part of any of the earlier two Spider-Man film universes and people seemed to care alright seeing all the different versions of Spidey.

Just watched Ezra interview instead of just reading transcripts of what he said. Wow I still think hes a weird choice and other then being kinda funny in JL dont like alot of the creative choices they made for Flash. All that said he did kinda win me over. You have to listein to him speak to actaualy feel the energy in which hes saying all this stuff. Like if a couple of us met up and starting nerding out on comics in person we would probaly sounds similar to how hes speaking. So I do hope they tweak the character a bit. Make him more personable and less autistic seeming. Defiently have him run like someone who knows how to run(another weird choice JL made but I get what they were going for hes so fast he glides like a speed skater. Didnt go over well though). But yea I'm back on board with Ezra as Flash. I mean his excitement is contagious. Hopefuly wahtever director we are in now is just as excited and when the next fantastic beasts movie is done WB will make this a priority. Thanks Lad for posting this, dont think I woulda listened to the interview otherwise

Well apparently Ezra and Grant morrison are working on they're own script cause he diesnt like the light hearted tone the movie is currently taking. If it dont work out he may be out as Flash

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...d-star-1194937

BANNED

Well apparently Ezra and Grant morrison are working on they're own script cause he diesnt like the light hearted tone the movie is currently taking. If it dont work out he may be out as Flash

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...d-star-1194937
    This is truly dispiriting news. A darker take is the last thing this film needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    This is truly dispiriting news. A darker take is the last thing this film needs.
    That's how I feel and Ezras respect for the source material had swayed me on him now iono. But hes got Grant Morrison helping him, so why I wouldn't go dark who knows. I'll cross my fingers

Mighty Member

Get rid of him and get an actor who looks like a fricking adult.

At this point I think they should just ditch Ezra / Barry Allen and move forward with a Wally West Flash movie. Partially because Barry is already in use in the TV show and the Wally used there is the other Wally rather than the original.

It would be a fresh start from the Snyder DC verse with a new Flash unencumbered by past mistakes or comparisons to the TV show. I actually like the Snyder verse but I realize that the DC movie verse needs a change and lighter tone which is Wally.