Default Was Deadpool 2 Cable actually the Ultimate Universe Cable/Wolverine?

I just watched a video covering this and wanted to see what you guys thought. Basically there are a few things about Cable in Deadpool 2 that lean more towards him being Ultimate than 616 based.

1. His reasoning for traveling back in time. In DP2 Cable came back to kill a young mutant that would eventually destroy the future.

2. He height. DP2 is short compared to 616 Nathan, he was more closer to foxverse Logan in height.

3. His powers. DP2 Cables powers seemed to be tech based while Nathan is a really powerful mutant with telethapy and telekinesis. I don’t remember seeing any telethapy displayed and the rare telekinetic showings can be easily explained as tech.

4. No mention of his lineage. Self explanatory

5. His cybernetic parts look artificially fused NOT like a virus that’s ravaging his organic parts. His cybernetics looked more like it was made to replace his damaged body.

6. He used his like cybernetic parts more like a substitute for his healing factor and used tech instead of his 616 power set.

Now I know he could be a combination of both versions, but which one do you think he borrows most heavily from?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopsJuice91 View Post
    5. His cybernetic parts look artificially fused NOT like a virus that’s ravaging his organic parts. His cybernetics looked more like it was made to replace his damaged body.
    Ahem.

Other points are really really stretching.

He's the Deadpool Cinematic Universe version of Cable.

BANNED

I just watched a video covering this and wanted to see what you guys thought. Basically there are a few things about Cable in Deadpool 2 that lean more towards him being Ultimate than 616 based.

1. His reasoning for traveling back in time. In DP2 Cable came back to kill a young mutant that would eventually destroy the future.

2. He height. DP2 is short compared to 616 Nathan, he was more closer to foxverse Logan in height.

3. His powers. DP2 Cables powers seemed to be tech based while Nathan is a really powerful mutant with telethapy and telekinesis. I don’t remember seeing any telethapy displayed and the rare telekinetic showings can be easily explained as tech.

6. He used his like cybernetic parts more like a substitute for his healing factor and used tech instead of his 616 power set.

Now I know he could be a combination of both versions, but which one do you think he borrows most heavily from?
    In a video for promotion deadpool given details of cable as Nathan Summers,son of Scott Summers.

BANNED

I'm still profoundly undecided if I should add the 2 Deadpool movies to the "mainstream" X-Men movie continuity, in regards to the timelines I wrote on my website X-CONTINUITY (search on Google if you're interested, it's highly successful).

Sure, "Logan" is a standalone universe and the "Logan" future and the Cable future depicted in "Deadpool 2" don't match each other at all.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 02-25-2019 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Corrections

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    I'm still profoundly undecided if I should add the 2 Deadpool movies to the "mainstream" X-Men movie continuity, in regards to the timelines I wrote on my website X-CONTINUITY (search on Google if you're interested, it's highly successful).

Sure, "Logan" is a standalone universe and the "Logan" future and the Cable future depicted in "Deadpool 2" don't match each other at all.
    A few different possible futures (or Cable going back in time erased his future from existence)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    A few different possible futures (or Cable going back in time erased his future from existence)?
    Well, maybe his future was the one following the DOFP 2023 "positive" ending.

Russell Collins/Firefist was supposed to be 14 years old. Thus he was born in 2004.
    Sala Baker, the actor portraying the future Russell Collins, is 42 years old.

So we can assume that Cable's "present time" is 2046. 23 years since the positive future of DOFP.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 02-26-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Fred Savage mentions his lineage in pg13 version

Just the story writing.

Just a casting issue that they joke about in the movie.

This actually is very very much like early Cable. Cable very rarely used his mutant powers, we weren't even sure what they were for the first year or so he was introduced. Because at the time using his powers meant he wasn't keeping his Virus in check. I see that in this movie. He has to use his powers a few times during the prison fight, afterwards he is checking himself out in the mirror because that fight caused him to lose ground on his techno-virus.

Did we watch the same movie? The mirror scene definitely disproves that. Although if you think that, Cable was known for doing that. He would upgrade his techno parts. Most of his AI partners he's used over the years like Professor, Belle, etc didn't just pop up, he modified himself.

6. He used his like cybernetic parts more like a substitute for his healing factor and used tech instead of his 616 power set..

Once again, Cable is known for rarely using his powers because using them causes him to lose his humanity. Ever read the story where he takes down the Avengers? He has to use his powers so much in combat, he completely succumbs to the techo-virus. Cable can't use his powers willy nilly or he dies.

In fact, I would say it was close to 10 years after Cable's first appearance that he even makes himself known to be a powerful psionic. Everyone thought his mutant power when he was first introduced was just big guns. Then they found out he had psionic powers, but everyone thought they were really weak. It wasn't until he got his own solo series after Fatal Attractions that he started so show that he had strong telekinesis and telepathy too.

Now I know he could be a combination of both versions, but which one do you think he borrows most heavily from?[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't see anything that screams Ultimate Wolverine in any shape or form. He used Telekinesis several times in the film something Ultimate Wolverine could never do, Ultimate Wolverine probably would have used his claws in the prison fight too.
    Last edited by GigaBalls; 02-26-2019 at 12:50 PM.

I'm glad you mentioned Deadpool 2. I forgot it's on one of the subscription channels. I need to see it.

BANNED

Is there any chance that Deadpool/Deadpool 2 are set in the early 2000s and not 2016-2018?

The director's cut of Deadpool 2 mentions that he was infected with some sort of disease that left him more machine than man.

Don't you think that if Cable was really just older Wolverine they would have made some kind of joke about it?

He’s Nathan Summers in the film. Numerous promotional materials reference him as such.