Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They are usually pretty easy to find at the Walmarts in my area, but on the one or two times they were sold out by me, I found them at a comic shop in the area at a slight mark up. Or eBay speculators.

They were supposed to be accessible to casual readers and were going for the most general status quo's possible. Tom King said all you needed to know to read his Superman was the basics. Even Bendis' Batman which is loosely set in the present continuity is pretty generic. The new Flash one has an Iris West that's african american like Candace Patton to probably make it accessible to fans of the show. Of course King then went with "Anxiety Attack Superman" for the last issue because that's definitely a story to pull in new casual readers.

Spectacular Member Nightcrawler92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm in no way surprised by this decision given the recent controversy involving Lois Lane.
    I’m out of the loop. What controversy?

Quote Originally Posted by Question1987 View Post
    I’m out of the loop. What controversy?
    Lmao. See guys? The average person has no clue there was a “controversy”. King wrote an issue where Superman worries about Lois getting brutally killed while he’s stuck in an alien waiting room. I rolled my eyes because I’m so sick of Supes crying over “Muh Lois” but a few people got mad. After about a day everyone forgot about it and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ehhh that’s not it. The people buying these books probably don’t know who Jon is, or even know that much about Superman himself. That’s why the Giants are there, to reel in people who will never set foot in a comic book shop. The average person buying these books is probably buying them with the mindset of:

“Oh cool it’s one of those superhero books. Little Timmy loves Marvel/DC movies. I’ll buy him one book from the store.”

Or at the very least that’s the reason Didio is pushing these outside market initiatives.
    The people who buy the Giants DO know who Jon is, as he appears in the Titans title, which includes Super Sons reprints.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The people who buy the Giants DO know who Jon is, as he appears in the Titans title, which includes Super Sons reprints.
    If they bought all the Giants than sure they would know who he is, but how many do? I imagine most buy just one or two, probably the Batman and Superman books. Also I'm not sure how aware the public is of Jon or even Damian. Damian has appeared in the Injustice games so he has that market, but neither of them has appeared in a live-action movie which is where the general public really becomes aware of these characters.

BANNED

Solictation for the collected edition of "Up In The Sky"

Award-winning author Tom King (Batman, Mister Miracle) answers the question: How far across the galaxy will the Man of Steel go to bring a single child home?

Aliens have kidnapped a young Earth girl from Metropolis, taking her off-planet. Superman goes in pursuit of them, but with each stop along the path, the mystery of who the aliens are deepens, and the Man of Steel is faced with a new task. Is he getting closer to rescuing the girl, or further away? And who is protecting Metropolis in his absence? This galaxy-spanning question poses a moral dilemma for Superman: How much is one life worth compared to the millions back on his adopted planet? How far will he go, what foes will he face, and to find that answer?

Acclaimed writer Tom King (Batman, Mister Miracle, Heroes in Crisis) teams up with legendary artist Andy Kubert (Flashpoint, Batman: The Dark Knight III: Master Race) to spin an all-new, original tale that defines Superman for a new generation of readers!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

When's it come out?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post

Looking forward to picking this up, I liked the brief snippits of King’s story I was able to read so far.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Okay, apparently they're coming out in November. $25.00 Hardcover.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ober-november/
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Okay, apparently they're coming out in November. $25.00 Hardcover.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...ober-november/
    Cool. I'll pick up both Batman and Superman in trades/