Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Trying to find a rare Hellboy TPB with a Duncan Fregedo print

Hey guys, I'm trying to find a Hellboy TPB that included a Duncan Fregedo artist print. Does anyone know what TPB volume this was, and how many there are?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Hmmm not sure, have you tried his site?

http://www.duncanfegredo.co.uk/

You are looking for the TPB of Darkness Calls released by Gosh! Comics in London (UK). Limited to 200 copies. The bookplate was in the front and signed by Mignola and Fegredo.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    You are looking for the TPB of Darkness Calls released by Gosh! Comics in London (UK). Limited to 200 copies. The bookplate was in the front and signed by Mignola and Fegredo.
    YES! That is the one. How much do you think it's worth, since only 200 were made?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Well, the TPB is just a regular release, so the special thing is the bookplate that was glued in. And apparently Gosh! Comics sold it for the same price as the regular TPB: http://londonlovescomics.blogspot.co...n-at-gosh.html

This will probably only excite the diehard HB collectors, so as to value, it's anybody's guess. I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. I wouldn't expect it to be a hundred dollar plus item, but all you need is two people who gotta have it and are willing to duke it out. If I had to put a dollar value on it, given the cost of the prints on artofmikemignola.com and other prints from conventions (and their typical value on eBay), and that this was a comic shop exclusive from London, maybe $35-50? That's just a rough, rough estimate. I can't recall exactly at this moment, but I'm pretty sure I paid close to regular cost for my copy some years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by grogtheslayer View Post
    Well, the TPB is just a regular release, so the special thing is the bookplate that was glued in. And apparently Gosh! Comics sold it for the same price as the regular TPB: http://londonlovescomics.blogspot.co...n-at-gosh.html

This will probably only excite the diehard HB collectors, so as to value, it's anybody's guess. I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. I wouldn't expect it to be a hundred dollar plus item, but all you need is two people who gotta have it and are willing to duke it out. If I had to put a dollar value on it, given the cost of the prints on artofmikemignola.com and other prints from conventions (and their typical value on eBay), and that this was a comic shop exclusive from London, maybe $35-50? That's just a rough, rough estimate. I can't recall exactly at this moment, but I'm pretty sure I paid close to regular cost for my copy some years ago.
    Thanks! I appreciate it

Fantastic Member

Hot take:

Buy some nice card stock and print it out at home, then glue it into your book. Job done.

I can only speculate as to its value. Pretty much the market will decide, but based on a) the fact that nothing else about the TPB was done differently, so the book plate is the only alteration and b) what these little prints typically cost when sold on their own (like Mignola used to do at cons), I personally would only put this edition between $35 to 50 US dollars. Again, 2 crazy collectors in a bid war might punch it up, but that price point seems to make sense given its level of rarity. Of course, with the new movie coming out, we might see people trying to flip HB merch for bigger profits.

I can only speculate as to its value. Pretty much the market will decide, but based on a) the fact that nothing else about the TPB was done differently, so the book plate is the only alteration and b) what these little prints typically cost when sold to write my paper on my own (like Mignola used to do at cons), I personally would only put this edition between $35 to 50 US dollars. Again, 2 crazy collectors in a bid war might punch it up, but that price point seems to make sense given its level of rarity. Of course, with the new movie coming out, we might see people trying to flip HB merch for bigger profits.
    I found it on Errantcritic blog a couple of months ago. And started searching for the price. I found the complete short stories TPB collection on eBay (around $35). But yeah, I agree - the prices may change because of the new movie.
    Last edited by lumusislight; 06-12-2019 at 10:18 PM. Reason: typo