Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I imagine Miguel and Superior will be the two main on the cards.
    Whether Superior will be the villain I’m not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Morlun and the Inheritors. Spider-Island. Either or both, plus more interdimensional shenanigans.
    The idea of an interdimensional spider-hunt would work pretty well for a sequel.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

All I want is Spider-Man 2099
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Spider Slayers.

Didn't they already say what the 2nd movie will be about?
    We need better comics

Astonishing Member

You've got to have Peter again. Superior Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099. Superior Spider-Man may be the villain for it. That could be Morlun, just lose the Inheritors. Morlun works better on his own.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Didn't they already say what the 2nd movie will be about?
    Yep, the second movie is going to focus on the romantic relationship between Miles and Gwen, which I personally can't wait. Funny enough it will be the first movie on screen cartoon relationship between a Black Male and White Female.

So I'm presuming with that being the focus, I'm presuming an influx of spiders will be limited.

My guess is going to be that Spider Gwen gets a device from Spider 2099 that can allow people to stay in each other's dimension. So my guess is going to be that the main three would be 2099, Miles, and Gwen, with the focus being in Gwen's universes over Miles.

So while I would like to see Rio's relationship further developed, I'm not certain how much time can be dedicated to that if they spend most of the time in Gwen's universe.

BANNED

No script has actually been written, or greenlit, and everything is still in pre-production stage.

So far, we've heard ideas. And it's no guarantee you'll have the same team, since Bob Persichetti, co-director of the movie has signed on for Puss in Boots 2.

There are talks of spinoffs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

Singing dancing broadway spidey vs Bollywood Indian spidey during end credits...

That would be brilliant.....I would pay to see that alone.

I want to see them do Spider-Clones, with a version of Jessica Drew that's based on her Ultimate universe version (i.e. female clone of Peter) showing up. Other than that, I really want to see Mayday show up.
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 04-21-2019 at 08:30 PM.

They've already confirmed that while Lord & Miller will still be producing and be heavily involved creatively, the directors and writers will be different, with Joaquin Dos Santos (of Avatar, Korra, Justice League Unlimited, and Voltron fame) and David Callaham (Expendables, Wonder Woman 84, & Shang-Chi) taking up the reigns.

And the only real plot detail is that it would be expanding on Miles and Gwen's relationship. Anything else goes. Considering the post-credits scene, I would be surprised if we don't have Spider-Man 2099 involved in some way.

Mighty Member

JK Simmons returns as JJJ ("If it ain't broke...")

On a personal level I'd like to see more of Miles' life as Spider-Man and Miles Morales on his own Earth, but I feel like that's going to get less emphasized versus his relationship with Gwen and Earth-65.

But I would be happy to be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I think Liv Octopus should be the main villain of Spider-Verse 2. She got punk'd out in the entire tussle with the collider but maybe she slipped in the cracks. She was quite knowledgable about the interdimensional hijinks and so on.
    We never saw her get arrested (then again, we never saw Scorpion either) so I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Bring on a version of Black Cat please!
    I think if we get Black Cat, it will probably be in the Spider-Women movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And the only real plot detail is that it would be expanding on Miles and Gwen's relationship. Anything else goes. Considering the post-credits scene, I would be surprised if we don't have Spider-Man 2099 involved in some way.
    Yeah, I don't think they'd get Oscar Isaac for a popular AU Spidey and then waste him on a post-credit scene (especially one so goofy).
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    JK Simmons returns as JJJ ("If it ain't broke...")
    I don't think Jameson really works with Miles (aside from the post-credit scene he's the only super-major Peter supporting character who had no role in the movie at all) but I guess you could fit him into Earth-65 depending on if Gwen is still controversial on her Earth (I can't recall if they hinted at that or not).

Incredible Member

There isn't just one film that could satisfy everything... I want Spider-Verse to be the catalyst for a full-fledged "Animated SMCU." It seems like this is already in the works, so I'm pretty optimistic about the future of this series.

Here are some things I'd love to see...

—Miles Morales solo(ish). The big hurdle here is, what do you adapt? Beyond his origin and cross-over events, what Miles stories are out there that feel unique to him? But perhaps this is also a strength. The movie gave Miles characteristics that I'd like to see explored further... his artistic ambitions, for one thing. (I'd also like to see that make its way into the comics, because it's a cool character trait, and also, so he can make his own Spider Suit, and also, because the ITSV Miles suit is better).

I'd also like to see Miles telling his parents about being Spider-Man, and them coming to terms with that. His relationship to Jeff has potential (can we please retcon his name to being "Jeffrey" so it's not the f***ng president of the CSA??), but maybe it's most interesting when he's paired with Gwen, who also has a cop dad. So instead, maybe we see more of Miles with his mom -- explore more of his Hispanic heritage -- and get a better explanation for why he's "Morales" instead of "Davis" than what's supplied in the comics.

As a legacy hero, Miles could have a unique relationship with May Parker... I really liked that she gives him custom webshooters. Perhaps she becomes a closer ally in the movies?

ITSV was wise to cut out Ganke, but a sequel needs to incorporate him... obviously, differentiating him from MCU Ned will be key. They did a good job with his design in the movie, and the deleted scenes are funny, but I don't know off the top of my head how to make it clear that Ganke isn't a "rip-off" of Ned (smh!).

It could be interesting to see Miles as a proactive superhero... meaning, rather than reacting to the events set in motion by supervillains, perhaps Miles is actively pursuing cases that he sees the cops missing; or he's pursuing justice to criminals that the law can't touch. Maybe Miles is more of a detective than Peter?

—We know Spider-Women is already in the works, and we know it's Gwen, Silk, and Jessica Drew... I wonder if they will add in other characters? I'd like to see Spider-Ham again, since he's a presence in Gwen's comics, so it'd be cool to see how a "real" Ham could become one of Gwen's pals in the ITSVerse. One thing that frustrates me about the Spider-Gwen comics is... I want WAAAAAAY more of The Mary Janes band than is ever supplied. Perhaps... Gwen gets a separate spin-off series separate from Spider-Women??

—More of Peter B. Parker... I don't know that he necessarily needs his own solo film (though, I do think this is the most refreshing version of Peter to ever be written anywhere -- even the comics have never touched a "past-his-prime Peter" without being absurdly overwrought or tragic), but I do want to see how his story continues. It'd be cool to see Peter B. as, like, a continuation of the JMS run that didn't have a OMD... he's a school teacher, he's married to MJ, etc.

I really love Peter B. him as a supporting/partner character, but at the same time, I do think Miles should have the space to grow without Peter... hmm, idk. Maybe there are solo(ish) films for Miles and Gwen, but then there's "team-up" movies where Peter B. is with an ensemble. In other words, Peter B. = MCU Tony Stark, and the main "Spider-Verse" films = MCU Avengers movies. The Miles & Gwen solo films are like the spin-offs, I suppose.

—Perhaps there's also Superior Spider-Man somehow? I think Otto + a mini army of Spider-Clones could be potentially cool... sort of like Spider-Geddon but with a bad Otto instead of vampires. The dynamic between Otto & Miles in the books seemed like fertile ground for a genuinely antagonistic relationship that could be expanded upon in a film that only loosely adapts the material.

Okay, I think I figured out what I want. Here we go.

ASMCU (Animated Spider-Man Cinematic Universe)

Phase One

Into The Spider Verse - check!

Spider-Women - upcoming

Miles Morales: Spider-Man - probably upcoming

Phase Two

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Geddon — Miles, Peter B, Gwen, Jessica Drew, Silk, Miguel O'Hara, Noir, Peni, Ham... versus Otto/Superior, and an army of Spider-Clones... then they all team up against Morlun/Vampires. This seems like an impossible amount of characters, but maybe it's structured like Endgame, and they're all in different little groupings — Miles/Peter B/Gwen/Ham .... J. Drew/Silk.... Miguel/Noir/Peni — that could work? Maybe? Hmm.

Spider-Gwen — with cameos from the Spider-Women, and Miles as a supporting character/love interest (it's possible this is what they're already doing with Spider-Women but, in this imaginary world, the boys aren't in Spider-Women)

Miles 2 — Now our boy is in college, a bit more grown-up, and he's at his superhero peak. I think this would be the time to adapt part of Spider-Men II, where Miles is visited by the alternative versions of himself, where he followed in the footsteps of Uncle Aaron and became a villain. Miles vs Miles!

I also want a million dollars and a bed made of ice cream and a pony... spider-pony