Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

1 Shadowgate

2 Werewolf: The Last Warrior

3 Rygar
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 04-06-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

the alan wake verse seems pretty cinematic i think they could do an ok series of movies

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Enjoyed the gameplay of the most recent game but the story was convoluted and ridiculous. The cut scenes were so long and just went on and on with nonsense I couldn't even follow half the time. I skipped any cutscene that wasnt lead by one the Disney characters. Maybe if I knew th story from previous games it would be easier to follow but honestly I find the whole concept a waste of the gameplay and sandbox they have.
    I'd probably do a spinoff cartoon for Kingdom Hearts. Something like Star Wars Rebels. A new character and story only tangentially related to whatever the games are about.

The KH universe is a pretty big place.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The KH universe is a pretty big place.
    Excellent choice, and I agree. An anime adaptation of Kingdom Hearts would be most interesting (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Excellent choice, and I agree. An anime adaptation of Kingdom Hearts would be most interesting (IMHO):

A new story is more preferable personally. But an adaptation of the Xehanort saga is a safe option. You could even fix a lot of its problems through hindsight.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-07-2021 at 04:03 PM.

God of War
    Red Dead Redemption

Was going to add Ghost of Tsushima but that's already happening and I could not be more hyped!

I'd probably like an animated retelling of Sonic Forces but Shadow's perspective. You skew a little older and the plot is set up for a Reign of Superman style story. Having Shadow struggle to deal with filling Sonic's place as the Big Good is an interesting hook to me. This is more a limited series but I think you could get some mileage out of it.

It's unlikely to happen but I'd watch it.

I'd also like a Silver the Hedgehog centered spinoff. He was a character I liked and I thought he'd be fun to explore as a lead. It's not technically a game but he's a time traveller from the future. There's alot of mileage you could get out of that.

In fact I think Boom would've been better off as a Silver-centered spinoff. It's supposed to be separate from the others and it being 200 years later is an easier way to establish that.

You could even adapt some of the games as future episodes. They just happened in the future era than the present. History repeats or rhymes after all.

Chip gets reawakened, the amusement park from Colors gets reopened etc. Instant plot hooks.

You could just grab the characters from the comics or the 2d characters like Mighty and Ray. But Blaze could have a descendant named Ember who befriends Silver .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-25-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Undertale
    The Last Guardian
    Far Cry 3 & 4
    Atelier Lydie and Suelle
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    There is a Far Cry movie directed by Uwe Boll (and of course was a big flop) but I'm pretty sure it's just based on the first one.

They are working on an adaptation of III I think. Might be cool if they could get Michael Mando to reprise Vaas (Which he did recently for 6's DLC).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I would love an Epic Zelda movie or movies kind of like The Lord Of the Rings.

Movie one would be based on A Link to the Past where Link is in the Light world and at the end he is pulled into the Dark World.

Movie 2 would be Link in the Dark world.

A kid movie based on links Awakening would be kind of cool also.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

The best way to adapt Kingdom hearts as a movie is to split it up into smaller chunks like Star Wars or the Godfather. Kingdom Hearts 1 could be its own trilogy of movies.

For 2, 3 and all the spinoffs you do the Marvel Phases thing. Martin Scorsese infamously called Marvel movies “not real cinema” and he's right but not in the way he think. The Marvel movie phases are more like a TV show season. The Avengers films are season finales. So that structure works for KH too.

Phase 2 is CoM, Days, KH2 part A and B( they will get cooler subtitles).

Phase 3 is Coded/Days, BBS, DDD, KH3 part A and B(which will get cooler subtitles).

Phase 4 is Verum Rex, all the Foreteller stuff and whatever KH4 ends up being.

There are changes that need to be made along the way. Kh is a simple story told really poorly but I think this structure works.

I'm not against tweaking the cast to have them be older over the course of the series. I'm also not against retiring Sora after the first phase. Because he stopped appealing to me personally. But those are decisions that would be made when these films are actually considered.

An animated series would be simpler....

PS. I think KoF could work with this structure but do it better. .
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-20-2022 at 08:08 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GameSpot/...qUK_WUEjA&s=19

Tom Holland joked about doing a live action Jak and Daxter movie. I'd probably watch it even if it's terrible. Atleast it will give Sony a reason to do some more Jak content.

I liked Jak 2 more than the 1st game so I'd lean into that more. I'd probably want a Witcher style tv show but a Star Wars type movie would be perfect.

Atleast the scrapped Jak 4 concept art would get some use.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-06-2022 at 07:30 AM.