Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oy so now people are upset with her because shes not qualified to be a director? Got to love how ridiculous people are. Shes as qualified as any first time director.
    Who?

/10char

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Who?

/10char
    Brie Larson.

These anti-sjw guys are too darn ignorant and the whole
    Brie Larson thing has really exposed this.

Larson has co-produced movies before and you literally do not need any special qualification to direct movies.
    Last edited by Username taken; 03-30-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Brie Larson.

These anti-ISIS guys are too darn ignorant and the whole R
    Brie Larson thing has really exposed this.

Larson has co-produced movies before and you literally do not need any special qualification to direct movies.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...163358719.html

Yes and it's a Netflix movie. According to them, she already has two directing credits from directing short films and I have no doubt she has studied directors on the movies she is in and talks to them and has learned how to do it.

I wonder if Clint Eastwood got this flak the first time he directed a movie? At least we can hope this one gets cut short by the fact she actually has evidence of previous directing to prepare for this. Then again, evidence and facts have nothing to do with this stuff.

Oh and the name of the movie is "UNICORN STORE". Thank you to whoever made the "Married with Children" style blog post. Thanks for drawing attention to the movie. I otherwise would probably have never noticed it but now I'll make sure to see it. By the way, the article mentions that Samuel L. Jackson is in it which, assuming he makes an appearance in "Endgame", will be the fifth or sixth movie they've been in together.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 03-30-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Oy so now people are upset with her because shes not qualified to be a director? Got to love how ridiculous people are. Shes as qualified as any first time director.
    Oh, good grief. This is getting embarrassing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

How is this any different than any other actor directing a movie or TV show? Actors have turned to directing for years now, Ida Lupino, Angelina Jolie, Meg Ryan, Jodie Foster. Vanessa Redgrave, Natalie Portman, Leni Riefenstahl.

Dollars to donuts, it's just people already hostile to Brie Larson for saying things they don't want to hear, that they're pulling any and every possible thing they can against her; IMHO, pretty much all the Captain Marvel "controversy" was stuff taken out of context or people obviously looking for a fight.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Dollars to donuts, it's just people already hostile to Brie Larson for saying things they don't want to hear, that they're pulling any and every possible thing they can against her; IMHO, pretty much all the Captain Marvel "controversy" was stuff taken out of context or people obviously looking for a fight.
    They tried coming for Jordan Peele after he said "his white dude probably isn't going to be lead of his movies" but way more people have mobilized from the beginning against "the trolls". I have been loving what Jordan Peele has been doing remember the quote they hold against Larson, Well Jordan held Us preview for only minority reporters and others called "Us First" which is exact thing Larson was talking about if you are doing movie aimed at certain audience it makes sense to have that people from that group report on it.

Brie Larson was just an easier target without a big fanbase but in grand scheme in it didn't matter what those people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They tried coming for Jordan Peele after he said "his white dude probably isn't going to be lead of his movies" but way more people have mobilized from the beginning against "the trolls". I have been loving what Jordan Peele has been doing remember the quote they hold against Larson, Well Jordan held Us preview for only minority reporters and others called "Us First" which is exact thing Larson was talking about if you are doing movie aimed at certain audience it makes sense to have that people from that group report on it.

Brie Larson was just an easier target without a big fanbase but in grand scheme in it didn't matter what those people think.
    It's more they are anti-feminist than blatant racists. Any show or movie billed as feminist is going to get their wrath. Supergirl on TV has been their target for years. Captain Marvel is just higher profile
    so we hear more about Captain Marvel than we do Supergirl. Compare the RT critics scores and audiences scores. They are about the same ratio for both Supergirl and Captain Marvel.

Ultimate Member

In Jordan's case-He said he just wanted to tell stories with blacks as the leads. Because he was not seeing that as much in certain genres. The trolls can get mad all they like but folks were quick to point out-"You told US to make our OWN stuff-we do it and YOU get mad?"
    Peele and others are doing what you told them to do. Yet it's viewed as an attack on a certain demo.

I wonder if Clint Eastwood got this flak the first time he directed a movie? At least we can hope this one gets cut short by the fact she actually has evidence of previous directing to prepare for this. Then again, evidence and facts have nothing to do with this stuff.
    He did as he was trying to NOT do all the stuff that annoyed him with directors. He did not like redoing scenes multiple times. He went against the grain.
    Like you said evidence has NOTHING to do with it when you got folks who hate a person.

All Brie is guilty of is bringing attention to something that NEED to be be discussed.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, i actually noticed this too.

While I've noticed that Youtube has been a fantastic recruiting ground for the alt-right, there's been some noticeable push back on that platform (for the first time).

But as you rightly pointed out, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter what these people say (i mean, some of these channels made more than 30 videos about Captain Marvel..like, seriously??).

Invincible Member

While I've noticed that Youtube has been a fantastic recruiting ground for the alt-right, there's been some noticeable push back on that platform (for the first time).

But as you rightly pointed out, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter what these people say (i mean, some of these channels made more than 30 videos about Captain Marvel..like, seriously??).

This sad fact blows my mind.

Early Captain Marvel people spread their bad views on social media pretty much unchallenged and they got confident in spread their views, With Jordan Peele issue they got push back right away and they never got to group up. Overall it isn't a large group of people so it is not like they have a lot power hurt a bottom line but organization is key for it having a slightly bigger impact like vote on metacritic or RT.

The coolest thing about you can see that Captain Marvel making a near billion has killed most of bandwagon "trolls" confidence they don't like having to deal with Captain Marvel larger fanbase now of people. Even on this board there less of it the people talking straight factless stuff anymore(maybe they are banned)