Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    If you'd read what I wrote you would conclude no such thing.

"Actually, you'll find that there are so many moderates/unaffiliateds that a conservative can win without a single liberal vote and vice versa."
    It's sorta saying the same thing. The odds of there not being a portion of liberal/conservatives who didn't vote for the President at all are is so low it could be equated to cows flying.

If you don't like what I have to say thats fine but please do not lower yourself by bring forth terrible dialogue.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 03-03-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    It's sorta saying the same thing. The odds of there not being a portion of liberal/conservatives who didn't vote for the President at all are is so low it could be equated to cows flying.

If you don't like what I have to say thats fine but please do not lower yourself by bring forth terrible dialogue.
    What if what you're saying is terrible dialogue? When do you stop lowering yourself?

You're very hard to communicate with, contrary even when you're demonstrably wrong.

Read it again:

"Actually, you'll find that there are so many moderates/unaffiliateds that a conservative can win without a single liberal vote and vice versa."

That is not a statement about what has happened or a prediction about what will happen. It's a statistical fact.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    You're very hard to communicate with, contrary even when you're demonstrably wrong.

Read it again:

That is not a statement about what has happened or a prediction about what will happen. It's a statistical fact.
    If I misunderstood you I apologize but your post all seem to be saying the same thing to me.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I don't believe that you guys are going to convince me that their not a hate group. By enlarge their actions, how they present themselves, and the lengths they will go to contradicts them being a cause for true justice.
    Examples?

There are people on the internet right now that refer's to themselves as SJW's. It's in their headers/tittles or even in their usernames. I'm sure you have seen them, there would be no reason for me to make this up. I'm not even sure forum guidelines would allow me to post them up since it would be similar to doxing....
    You'd have to check with the admins about is or is not considered doxxing here (although I'm pretty sure it's posting personal info, not citing people's usernames and social media channels for cases of examples; I've occasionally linked to people's videos that I've disagreed with to show what I'm talking about.

Yeah, I have seen some people use the SJW term to refer to themselves (some of whom can be salty), but that does not make them part of a hate group by default (I know some use the title for simplicity's sake or to reclaim it from Comicsgate and the like, much like how "Comicsgate" itself was a term its critics used that the group adopted as its own).

Also, just because you believe in good things does not make you not a hate group. All that it takes to be a hate group is this :
    a hate group's "primary purpose is to promote animosity, hostility, and malice against persons belonging to a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity/national origin which differs from that of the members of the organization."
    All of which I have seen by enlarge by people who fall into that group have done. To be honest with you it's starting to be almost a boarder-line cult. I've been finding cases where people have literally been ostracized from the group. It's quite weird really.
    As Powerboy put it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    GIf we were talking specifically about SJW versus Comicsgate, I would say the difference is there is no such thing as an SJW organization with an agenda. They are usually just people who get labeled SJW by other people for a pro-equality stance. Comicsgate is an actual organization with a very specific racist and sexist agenda.
    If you can point to instances of Comicsgate critics crossing the line, sure, I'll believe you. I've seen stuff and reports of stuff featuring people who in their criticism of Comicsgate and the like who I think were in the wrong (like that guy who Tweeted images of his butt some time ago). I don't think everyone who speaks against it is a saint, anymore then I believe every single Comicsgater is a fully evil person.

But the point remains that there is no "SJW hate group," given that there's no "SJW" group period. (And, once again, specific examples, please.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

I don’t have a problem with RT decision. I have a problem with why and when they did it.
    A radio news report on KNX Los Angeles said RT reasoning is because of Black Panther and Captain Marvel was getting bad user’s scores.
    This is the problem with some sites, when users says something negative about a MCU movie, some sites will take action to silence these users and falsely accuse them of trolling. I personally have experienced this treatment.
    Last edited by Raiders; 03-03-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    I don’t have a problem with RT decision. I have a problem with why and when they did it.
    A radio news report on KNX Los Angeles said RT reasoning is because of Black Panther and Captain Marvel was getting bad user’s scores.
    This is the problem with some sites, when users says something negative about a MCU movie, some sites will take action to silence these users and falsely accuse them of trolling. I personally have experienced this treatment.
    Do you think it's not trolling?

So in this conspiracy why is the MCU so special? Other dinsey properties get ripped apart. Why would Dinsey want RT to take these scores down now and not when wrinkle in time or that dumb nutcracker movie were getting ripped apart. Sounds like it's not Dinsey, its RT tired of they're site being associated with hate, especialy to this degree. Apparently by they're own account this had nothing to do with Captain Marvel but was "appropriate timing". They have been working on this for over a year. Probaly since Black Panther where they had to actively seek out and delete racists reviews. Not negative reviews but overtly racist reviews. It's bad for business to be associated with that. Now do I 100% believe them that the timing is a coincidence? No I do believe that they have been working on this for a year and probaly planned to roll it out soon and just moved it up when RT kept making the news in negative way. People can go on and on about they're conspiracy theories but the fact is Disney Movies get bad reviews plenty and also RT is owns by Universal and Warner Brothers. Neither of which are probaly rooting for the MCU.

This is all the media fault imo. If they didnt report on it so much it wouldnt be an issue. Captain Marvel is gonna open big based just off pre sales. And when you google a movie the RT score that's shown is the critics. Honestly I feel like the media in trying to expose the misogynists is just giving them a bigger voice

Disney has a lot of reason not to want the score up. Several of their movies get linked to amusement rides, merch, cruise line attractions, and so on before the movie even comes out. Not to mention marketing of the movie. So while making the movie may cost a heft 100-200mil they really get closer to spend 800-900 mil if not a billion dollars on all the things connected to it. Out of all the movie studios Disney has the most to loose on a bad movie since they invest so much into them that are beyond the movies themselves

OK I hated Ghostbusters 2016, I hated TLJ and Solo (But they were no worse than the Prequels), I hate Star Trek Discovery, I loved Black Panther, I disliked Dr. Who Season/Series 11 thinking it was the worst of New Who (At Least there is only up for Season 12), and I'm looking forward to Captain Marvel. So I dislike a lot of the same stuff the anti Captain Marvel crowd does but for mostly different reasons there is no doubt that crowd was going out of their way to down vote these properties to create a false narrative that the general public hated these properties when the vast majority of people don't vote because they have these things called lives and no time.

Disney didn't have to say squat to get these ratings taken down right or wrong no matter your opinion on them the people down voting these properties have been labeled Alt-Right and Misogynistic. Now does anyone really think RT really wants constant articles about how Misogynistic Alt-Right Trolls use their sight to spread a propaganda message with every show and movie these people dislike? Which again no matter if you think is right or wrong was the narrative it's not hard to see even without Disney RT would want this to end because they don't want even the allusion they are supporting these activities or message much like how Patreon has cracked down on anyone viewed as Alt-Right.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 03-03-2019 at 04:25 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Do you think it's not trolling?
    I think users have a right to say what they feel without being label a troll.
    It’s not up to internet users to sell a movie, it’s up to the studios.
    If BP and CM were getting good users score RT wouldn’t have made this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    OK I hated Ghostbusters 2016, I hated TLJ and Solo (But they were no worse than the Prequels), I hate Star Trek Discovery, I loved Black Panther, I disliked Dr. Who Season/Series 11 thinking it was the worst of New Who (At Least there is only up for Season 12), and I'm looking forward to Captain Marvel. So I dislike a lot of the same stuff the anti Captain Marvel crowd does but for mostly different reasons there is no doubt that crowd was going out of their way to down vote these properties to create a false narrative that the general public hated these properties when the vast majority of people don't vote because they have these things called lives and no time.

Disney didn't have to say squat to get these ratings taken down right or wrong no matter your opinion on them the people down voting these properties have been labeled Alt-Right and Misogynistic. Now does anyone really think RT really wants constant articles about how Misogynistic Alt-Right Trolls use their sight to spread a propaganda message with every show and movie these people dislike? Which again no matter if you think is right or wrong was the narrative it's not hard to see even without Disney RT would want this to end because they don't want even the allusion they are supporting these activities or message much like how Patreon has cracked down on anyone viewed as Alt-Right.
    Honestly, as has already been said, I think that the Captain Marvel thing was the final straw. It happened with the Last Jedi and a lot of it seemed because of what some labeled "Liberal" and Feminist themes. Not all but a lot. Then it happened again with Black Panther largely for racist reasons and now it was happening again.

Of the first two movies, now that we have the actual ticket sales, these opinions clearly did not reflect a majority opinion. I mentioned that they had a trailer for CM on Facebook and literally 60 posts were about her butt and how it wasn't shapely enough and the endless repetition about what she said that she actually didn't say. Now, toss in that the moment anyone disagreed, I read the word "snowflake" over and over and over and over and over and over along with "libtard", etc.

No, not everyone who doesn't like this movie is a sexist or a racist. But, often the choice of words speaks for itself.

A lot of it seems to really be this nifty Conservative tactic and belief that equality is persecution.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

I think users have a right to say what they feel without being label a troll.
    It’s not up to internet users to sell a movie, it’s up to the studios.
    If BP and CM were getting good users score RT wouldn’t have made this move.
    Nobody’s right to say what they feel has been taken away.

How people say things, and what they do in conjunction with that, can be labeled different things though

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It had nothing to do with Disney. It just happened that the straw that broke the camels back was a Disney film, but it could have been any number of other big films in the last few years. This troll bombing has been going on for the last few years by sad little pissants, and finally RT just said alright enough is enough. This was going to happen sooner or latter because trolls abused the system.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It had nothing to do with Disney. It just happened that the straw that broke the camels back was a Disney film, but it could have been any number of other big films in the last few years. This troll bombing has been going on for the last few years by sad little pissants, and finally RT just said alright enough is enough. This was going to happen sooner or latter because trolls abused the system.
    See, this is what I been saying. MCU fanboys will post terrible and bad things about a XCU or DCEU movie, before and after these movie comes out. Look how bad the MCU fanboys are talking about Dark Phoenix.
    But soon as someone says negative things about a MCU movie, the MCU fanboys overreact by calling them trolls and complaining to forum moderators. They can dish it out, but they can’t take it.
    Rotten Tomatoes got tired of these fanboys complaining and just shut down the user’s score.