Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Some people are using Alita as a shield against criticism. You'll notice they didn't cite Wonder Woman.

https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/sta...89399274434560
    This probably makes the most sense.

Alita is a massive, corporate production. Packed with CG and special effects.

It's a bigger budget movie than Captain Marvel produced by an erstwhile massive studio.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    Look what I'm talking about is the absurd bad press being pumped out by the trades and critics months before the release of Alita, the same people constantly talking down the box office. It's nothing more the gaslighting, in the belief that if you can convince people it won't be popular you can prevent them from going to see it. Of course, now that Alita is actually a hit (thanks especially to the international markets) the same trades have adopted a passive aggressive tone, downplaying all good news about Alita. Which of course only embolden the opposition to Disney and MCU, if Alita can scare the trades this much then the movie is definitely worth supporting over Captain Marvel.
    So you want to spite Disney by supporting a franchise that will be soon owned by Disney? You do realize the flaw in this plan, yeah? I

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    So you want to spite Disney by supporting a franchise that will be soon owned by Disney? You do realize the flaw in this plan, yeah? I
    I trust you realise that James Cameron, not Fox or Disney, owns the right to make Alita movies through his production company. I believe James Cameron has held the rights since 1998-2000, which incidentally was shortly after Guillermo del Toro showed him the manga for the first time. As a matter of practicality this means that James Cameron can take Alita 2 and 3 to another studio if Disney doesn't want to play ball. Even Netflix and Amazon might be a good choice, big budget Alita sequels would be a good showpiece for their streaming services.

I trust you realise that James Cameron, not Fox or Disney, owns the right to make Alita movies through his production company. I believe James Cameron has held the rights since 1998-2000, which incidentally was shortly after Guillermo del Toro showed him the manga for the first time. As a matter of practicality this means that James Cameron can take Alita 2 and 3 to another studio if Disney doesn't want to play ball. Even Netflix and Amazon might be a good choice, big budget Alita sequels would be a good showpiece for their streaming services.
    You mean the James Cameron who nearly every person who is praising Alita and denouncing Captain Marvel was calling "SJW" last August for having women in his new Terminator movie that James Cameron?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    What are you even talking about? Iron heart is a successful character, Jane as Thor is one of the most successful newer characters. Ironheart did start alongside Stark (as a hologram but recognisably Stark, who was her mentor) Jane as Thor was about the idea of Thor and what it meant to be Thor. I am guessing you haven’t read either of these books. Somehow there is a problem with Marvel? Still the number one player in both comics and comic book movies. Nope you are just wrong on every level here.

And again entirely off topic and therefore obfuscation of the main news story.
    RETAILERS had a problem with it a couple years ago because they said that they had people who had seen the movies coming in and wanting to read the comics and the people in the comics weren't the ones they saw on screen.
    Assassinate Putin!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Admittedly, I did not. Do you have a link or something that verifies that? I haven’t had much luck finding anything yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You mean the James Cameron who nearly every person who is praising Alita and denouncing Captain Marvel was calling "SJW" last August for having women in his new Terminator movie that James Cameron?
    I don't think you're going to pin down Alita fans to a single ideological group. Fans of cyberpunk alone attract a passionate group of futurists, transhumanists, anarcho-capitalists and social nihilists. Then because of who made it and the source material you've also got James Cameron fans and manga/anime fans turning out as well. Like wise this means you're not going to easily define the opposition to Captain Marvel, besides the aforementioned Alita fans everybody who has ever held a grudge against Disney is joining in on this one.
    Last edited by Kintor; 03-08-2019 at 08:31 AM.

I don't think you're going to pin down Alita fans to a single ideological group. Fans of cyberpunk alone attract a passionate group of futurists, transhumanists, anarcho-capitalists and social nihilists. Then because of who made it and the source material you've also got James Cameron fans and manga/anime fans turning out as well. Like wise this means you're not going to easily define the opposition to Captain Marvel, besides the aforementioned Alita fans everybody who has ever held a grudge against Disney is joining in on this one.
    Except it's not Alita fans using it as this shining light against Captain Marvel it's the crowd who hated Captain Marvel from the word go the Alita "Fans" doing this comparison crap are mostly Johnny Come Lately's who are trying to use Alita as an example of their "Shill Media" campaign.

Some people seem to be using Alita the same way some people claim not to be racist because they have a black friend.
    Live true or lie well.

BANNED

I saw Captain Marvel and it sucked. I won't hold up Alita as being a superior model of movie as I also thought it was crap.

Yeah it not actual Battle Angel fans that hating Captian Marvel ,These guys gravitate to Altia,Wonder Woman and Shazam as tokens. It is going back fire because Alita and Wonder Woman might not always be passively "feminist".
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-08-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: werid I thought they pulled it down RT score

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Wonder if they are going to remove the audience rating soon.

BANNED

Doug 'Nostalgia Critic' Walker and his brother's review

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Yeah it not actual Battle Angel fans that hating Captian Marvel ,These guys gravitate to Altia,Wonder Woman and Shazam as tokens. It is going back fire because Alita and Wonder Woman might not always be passively "feminist".
    They'll turn against Alita and talk about how they went too "SJW" or whatever such nonsense term they use. And they'll saw similar things about Wonder Woman as well.

It's incredibly transparent.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    RETAILERS had a problem with it a couple years ago because they said that they had people who had seen the movies coming in and wanting to read the comics and the people in the comics weren't the ones they saw on screen.
    While I sorta believe anecdotally that may have happened, it's not something you can blame the downturn of the market on. We've had almost 15-20yrs of successful superhero movies and most folks in the industry, both on the production and retail side concede that the movies don't help the sales of the comics much if at all.

And what was stopping those retailers from giving those customers trades of Steve/Cap, Man-Thor etc?