Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Default The Dirt : Motley Crue story

I would have linked the trailer but Its likely way too much for CBR to handle. One of the wildest bands of the 1980's get their own bio films. Thus far its one of those wild stories taking place back in the 1980's and how they launched.

If you haven't watched the trailer folks go watch and its currently on netflix.

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Invincible Member

Eh, the trailer I saw wasn't too bad. I don't think CBR would have that much of a problem with it. Have you watched the movie yet? What is your opinion. I know that it was stuck in development for a long time...

It was ok, nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Eh, the trailer I saw wasn't too bad. I don't think CBR would have that much of a problem with it. Have you watched the movie yet? What is your opinion. I know that it was stuck in development for a long time...
    It was really good for how it was done. The fact a lot of critics was questioning why the older men weren't ashamed of their actions then made Eddie Trunk and others go..."Because it was about 4 guys who were in their 20's and lived the sex , drugs and rock n roll lifestyle..." This wasn't a film for 4 guys to look back ashamed. This was 4 guys who lived a hard lifestyle and didn't give a ****.

Trunk joked one problem he had with the film was that even Nikki Sixx said Mick Mars was not the guy we saw in this film. The film portrayed Mars as some mystical monk type who never drank or fooled with women. A fact they claim isn't true.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    It was really good for how it was done. The fact a lot of critics was questioning why the older men weren't ashamed of their actions then made Eddie Trunk and others go..."Because it was about 4 guys who were in their 20's and lived the sex , drugs and rock n roll lifestyle..." This wasn't a film for 4 guys to look back ashamed. This was 4 guys who lived a hard lifestyle and didn't give a ****.
    Trunk joked one problem he had with the film was that even Nikki Sixx said Mick Mars was not the guy we saw in this film. The film portrayed Mars as some mystical monk type who never drank or fooled with women. A fact they claim isn't true.

Oh, definitely. Sixx wrote "The Dirt" and "Heroin Diaries" because he knew people wanted to read about the sensationalistic stories. He wasn't writing it for people who are into the gage of his guitar strings or "Now that I'm old and have adult kids I regret the dumb **** I did"...

2nd bolded actually makes me want to watch the movie even more, believe it or not. I remember when Crue were popular and Mick's image was that cuz he was slightly older he didn't go to parties with Sixx and Tommy, but he did just as much decadence as the others, he just did it more in private. I'm sure I remember some article where he said something like, "I know I'm rude, I don't need 50 people around me to tell me I'm rude."

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

Mars was drinking plenty throughout the movie. Though I didnt see him with any girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Mars was drinking plenty throughout the movie. Though I didnt see him with any girls.
    Yep and it was pointed out that this wasn't the actual real Mick Mars though. He did fool with women and drink.

Since it feels like some of this needs to be said...

Invincible Member

I finally watched the 2nd half of the movie today. I guess it was Ok...it was entertaining cheese. The guy who played Tommy won me over as did the actor who was Doc McGee and "Mick Mars." All the debauchery didn't bother me, I knew that it was kind of the point, but I sorta wish the movie provided more context to how Motely Crue fit into the music biz and what else was going on culturally. I'd say MTV played a big part helping them get over. And there were a lot of rock fans who actually hated The Crue thinking they were all image and no talent. I was also a little surprised that they didn't mention the Moscow Peace Fest stuff. And it almost felt like they neglected a couple of albums.