Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    I actually would argue my personal experiences as a white male have precious little to do with this. That’s the issue at hand.
    Look,

If you want to surrender your ability to think, speak, and act for yourself, then fine. That's your right.

But don't expect me to do the same. What's more to the point, don't order me to do the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Look,

If you want to surrender your ability to think, speak, and act for yourself, then fine. That's your right.

But don't expect me to do the same. What's more to the point, don't order me to do the same.
    I remain unconvinced that anyone who believes Brie Larson doesn't want white males to see her movie is able to think, speak, or act for theirself.

Are you one of those people?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I remain unconvinced that anyone who believes Brie Larson doesn't want white males to see her movie is able to think, speak, or act for theirself.

Are you one of those people?
    Those people, huh?

I'm sure she wants as many people to see the movie as possible. Simple as self interest.

BANNED

Kevin Feige is probably regretting hiring Larson, she has single handily sabotaged CM

BANNED

Those people, huh?

I'm sure she wants as many people to see the movie as possible. Simple as self interest.
    Okay, cool. So what did she say that's pissed you off, then?

Okay, cool. So what did she say that's pissed you off, then?
    I don't think she hates white males. But I'm pretty sure she'd look down on me with contempt. You get that vibe from a lot Hollywood types.

Most of them just have the sense to keep their contempt out of the public eye.

Combine that with a general dislike of the character and archetype (Superman Style Flying Brick), and I have no interest in seeing the movie.

BANNED

We have to admit CBM are too white and too male.
    Most comic books were written when times was different.
    But the movies are made now. This is 2019, the movies shouldn’t be following the “male white” dominated comic books.
    Why can’t Superman or Thor or Wolverine or Hulk or Batman or Deadpool or Punisher etc... be something other than a white male.

BANNED

I don't think she hates white males. But I'm pretty sure she'd look down on me with contempt. You get that vibe from a lot Hollywood types.

Most of them just have the sense to keep their contempt out of the public eye.

Combine that with a general dislike of the character and archetype (Superman Style Flying Brick), and I have no interest in seeing the movie.
    I uh...I don't get that vibe from a lot of Hollywood types. Mostly because I know I'll never meet them, so IDGAF. I mean, maaaaybe there's a feeling of "oh they wouldn't waste their time with me because they're rich and famous and I'm not", but that has nothing to do with sex, gender, race, or anything else except money and status. But that's not limited to "Hollywood types" either.

But uh...judging people before you've ever met them is "thinking for yourself"?

I mean sure, you don't have to actively like her. But I think things would be rather neutral until you knew for sure that she'd treat you the way you've described.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 03-01-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    We have to admit CBM are too white and too male.
    Most comic books were written when times was different.
    But the movies are made now. This is 2019, the movies shouldn’t be following the “male white” dominated comic books.
    Why can’t Superman or Thor or Wolverine or Hulk or Batman or Deadpool or Punisher etc... be something other than a white male.
    Why couldn't Captain Marvel be Monica Rambeau? She's got the more interesting powerset.

Why haven't we gotten another Blade movie? Why did Like Cage only get a Netflix series instead of movie.

Most of the properties you mentioned weren't big in the general public until somebody took a gamble. Take that gamble.

In my opinion the two best Comic Book Movies don't star white guys.

They'd be The Crow and Blade.

I uh...I don't get that vibe from a lot of Hollywood types. Mostly because I know I'll never meet them, so IDGAF. I mean, maaaaybe there's a feeling of "oh they wouldn't waste their time with me because they're rich and famous and I'm not", but that has nothing to do with sex, gender, race, or anything else except money and status. But that's not limited to "Hollywood types" either.

But uh...judging people before you've ever met them is "thinking for yourself"?

I mean sure, you don't have to actively like her. But I think things would be rather neutral until you knew for sure that she'd treat you the way you've described.
    Yep. My thoughts, my judgement, myself. I am thinking and coming to my own conclusions. By definition I am thinking for myself, even if it turns out I am wrong.

And I am sick to death of someone thinking they have the right to lecture and talk down to me because they get paid to pretend to do things for money.

Sick to death of being told how terribe I am, how much of a sexist unenlightened pleb I am when they were all working with a POS like Harvey Weinstein. And they all knew or enough of them did.

But they had no problem ignoring that side of him when it was to their benefit. Just Michael Moore has no problem criticizing Ameican's eating habits when he tips the scales himself.

And that's what really set me off. The arrogance of it all

Telling people to pay their fair share of taxes when they write off even successful movies as a loss.

Growing up in Rural California, and being told that the process of growing food is "wasting water" but their mansions and lawns and swimming pools in a desert are totally fine.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe Brie Larson is a saint. But from what I've seen she's just another celebrity who thinks she's better everyone else.

And y'know what? If I thought her movie would be great regardless, I'd probably bite my tongue and go see it. Because it is possible to appreciate the Art and not the Artist.

But all I've seen is another lecture telling me how awful I am.

Only this time it costs over 10 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Kevin Feige is probably regretting hiring Larson, she has single handily sabotaged CM
    They say there's no such thing as bad publicity. Probably exaggerating but close. To the general public that isn't fanatical about this, they probably don't know about this or don't care.

So far, we don't know there has been any sabotage. The movie may be quite successful. All of this Internet stuff may have as much impact on Captain Marvel as it had on the Last Jedi which is to say people repeatedly *saying* it did while the actual ticket sales show it had no noticeable impact.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

But all I've seen is another lecture telling me how awful I am.
    And, pray tell, where is this lecture found?

Look,

I speak plenty. Like right now. But I often do a lot of listening too. That’s the important part. I have come to learn over the last several years that my background for the most part represents the default in so many facets of life. And while it’s not my fault, I have the power to continue to listen or put my fingers in my ears and live my life ignoring the problem.

You do you, but I don’t know why you can’t understand why people like Brie Larson are upset about some realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    They say there's no such thing as bad publicity. Probably exaggerating but close. To the general public that isn't fanatical about this, they probably don't know about this or don't care.

So far, we don't know there has been any sabotage. The movie may be quite successful. All of this Internet stuff may have as much impact on Captain Marvel as it had on the Last Jedi which is to say people repeatedly *saying* it did while the actual ticket sales show it had no noticeable impact.
    The movies Pre sale tickets has passed Thor 3, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Kevin Fiegie ain't regretting nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The movies Pre sale tickets has passed Thor 3, Wonder Woman and Aquaman. Kevin Fiegie ain't regretting nothing.
    Great! I'm so glad Carol Danvers is going to get the recognition she deserved.