Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

This thread is off-the-rails!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Why can't I buy tickets to anything else on March 8th?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The topic is about what happen. So again I showing all the facts, what could have happend and while pointing how certain people are behaving about this. All lines up with the topic. Don’t like? To bad.
    I don’t see any facts in your posts you are just spreading conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    The topic is RT removed the Want To See percentage. Speculating on why RT did this is seems to be a legitimate topic for discussion.
    That is not speculation on why they did it that is unfounded accusations levelled at a corporation when there are perfectly logical reasons that stand up to scrutiny. No actual facts or logic, just fantasy. Forgive me if I don’t trust that kind of rhetoric. The thread is out of control so I am bowing out.

Has anyone else noticed the trend of 'tax the rich' liberals becoming water carriers for multi-national corporations whenever their products come under siege?
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    This is not a unique experience, apparently people think Disney is booking out entire cinemas so theatres will only show Captain Marvel.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 03-01-2019 at 03:38 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the trend of 'tax the rich' liberals becoming water carriers for multi-national corporations whenever their products come under siege?
    Hasn't it always been that way?

I've always heard "Tax the (other) rich, (but not me)."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    What a bunch on nonsense. These people loved Ripley from the Aliens movies, Sarah Connor from the Terminator movies, Wonder Woman, Alita Battle Angel. Not liking Brie Larson or the trailers for Captain America doesn't
    mean they hate women. They just don't like one person who happens to be a white female that hold different political views than they do.
    If you didn't just like one person, would you attempt to organise a mass boycott of a film based on wilful distortions and manipulations of what that one person said? Would you engage in trolling? Would you spread lies? Would you gaslight? Would you treat male MCU actors differently? Would you talk about ridiculous things like not smiling enough? Would that seem like rational, objective, normal behaviour? Come on.

This is blatant misogyny. This is a blatant attempt to derail a women's opportunity and women's empowerment because the actor has the courage to stand up for what is right and tries to create a more inclusive world. This is a pathetic attempt by pathetic people because Larson challenges their standing at the top of the food chain, because Larson forces them to reflect on their privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_hansen View Post
    If you didn't just like one person, would you attempt to organise a mass boycott of a film based on wilful distortions and manipulations of what that one person said? Would you engage in trolling? Would you spread lies? Would you gaslight? Would you treat male MCU actors differently? Would you talk about ridiculous things like not smiling enough? Would that seem like rational, objective, normal behaviour? Come on.

This is blatant misogyny. This is a blatant attempt to derail a women's opportunity and women's empowerment because the actor has the courage to stand up for what is right and tries to create a more inclusive world. This is a pathetic attempt by pathetic people because Larson challenges their standing at the top of the food chain, because Larson forces them to reflect on their privilege.
    So everybody who isn't a fan of Brie Larson is guilty of anything anybody else who isn't a fan does?

As for all the other stuff, while do disagree with trolling lying gaslighting, (Not boycotting, you can boycott whatever you damn well please.). Hasn't all this been going on for years now.

X might be a racist, mysoginist or has been accused of something that has yet to be proven, but let's vilify, misrepresent, bend and break the truth to suit our purposes.

This is the world we live in now. Everything is political, every interview a performance, every article a lecture, every film propoganda. Even if that wasn't the intention.

And it's only getting worse.

Most movie theaters in my area only release tickets this early for big releases, which Captain Marvel certainly qualifies as. In fact, for several theaters in my area, I can also buy advance tickets for the new Tyler Perry movie for the 8th. Usually tickets go on sale for the next week on like Wednesday or so for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    Most movie theaters in my area only release tickets this early for big releases, which Captain Marvel certainly qualifies as. In fact, for several theaters in my area, I can also buy advance tickets for the new Tyler Perry movie for the 8th. Usually tickets go on sale for the next week on like Wednesday or so for everything else.
    Maybe that's the way it is where you live, but not where I do. Everything stops on the 7th too.

This is the world we live in now. Everything is political, every interview a performance, every article a lecture, every film propoganda. Even if that wasn't the intention.

First of all, everything has always been political. The status quo is still political, even though it doesn't feel like it because people tend not to be aware of the what constitutes the status quo. There is nothing of substance in your post. All you're doing is making claims without any back up, trying to make it seem like a worldview that is skewed by your experiences is fact.

BANNED

So everybody who isn't a fan of Brie Larson is guilty of anything anybody else who isn't a fan does?

As for all the other stuff, while do disagree with trolling lying gaslighting, (Not boycotting, you can boycott whatever you damn well please.). Hasn't all this been going on for years now.

X might be a racist, mysoginist or has been accused of something that has yet to be proven, but let's vilify, misrepresent, bend and break the truth to suit our purposes.

I'm not talking about every individual person. I'm talking about the movement of misogynists who have wilfully and deliberately distorted Larson's comments to attack her and the film. And that comes from misogyny. If you bring up something like a woman not smiling enough... come on. Show me when a man was ever held to that standard in a film trailer.

Women, like Larson, are expected to perform a certain way for the gratification of men. That's misogyny.

And just because trolling, gaslighting, lying and manipulation has been happening for years doesn't make it acceptable. You either stand up and say stop, or you let the bad guys win. Thought that would be a no-brainer for comic book fans.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    First of all, everything has always been political. The status quo is still political, even though it doesn't feel like it because people tend not to be aware of the what constitutes the status quo. There is nothing of substance in your post. All you're doing is making claims without any back up, trying to make it seem like a worldview that is skewed by your experiences is fact.
    And what's it called when you do it?

My experiences skew my perspective, but your experiences sharpen yours?

And what's it called when you do it?

My experiences skew my perspective, but your experiences sharpen yours?
    I actually would argue my personal experiences as a white male have precious little to do with this. That’s the issue at hand.