Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The whole point of the site is to represent people genuine feeling about the movie.
    When I clicked "not interested" that was my genuine feeling about the movie. Still is. In fact, now that this kind of **** is being pulled, I wouldn't go see the ************ if you paid me to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    That's not right, at all. RT removed the "Want to see" feature. It wasn't a review. It was a guage of whether or not you were interested in seeing the movie. It didn't specify why you did or didn't want to see it. One reason is as good as another.
    Not when the same reason is coming from the same person over and over. Again RT stated they found that most the votes came from just a couple ISPs in the same geographical location.

When I clicked "not interested" that was my genuine feeling about the movie. Still is. In fact, now that this kind of **** is being pulled, I wouldn't go see the ************ if you paid me to.
    You arent the problem unless you got multiple account and are voting in mass. And how is this the mvoies vault? Dinsey has nothing to do with RT. Its universal and WBs. So go boycott fast and furious and DCs movies then if you feel that strongly

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Not when the same reason is coming from the same person over and over. Again RT stated they found that most the votes came from just a couple ISPs in the same geographical location.
    That's bullshit. If that were the case they'd have banned those two ISP's. They removed the feature because they were pissed off that people were able to express their displeasure at the marketing campaign and Brie Larson's misandrist, racist comments.

That's bullshit. If that were the case they'd have banned those two ISP's. They removed the feature because they were pissed off that people were able to express their displeasure at the marketing campaign and Brie Larson's misandrist, racist comments.
    Yeah because Trolls never have multiple ISPs and comeback.

Good. About time. Now hopefully RT will stop being considered as some kind of cutting edge movie review organization.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Wanting more diversity among the people she does interviews with is not racist or "misandry". It's this deliberately taking what she said out of context is why I don't take these people seriously.
    Assassinate Putin!

Didn't see this thread so I posted this in the Captain Marvel Forum but it really should go here:
    I don't want to get involved in the debate I just want to leave this here to help explain what is going on with Rotten Tomatoes right now. And STRONGLY Suggest people Copy and Paste the Article while saving the graphs. EVERYONE should know who controls the Narrative of the media they consume.

INDUSTRY ANALYSIS—U.S. MEDIA
    Go to the profile of Ptolemy 3
    by Ptolemy 3
    date Jan 6 2019
    IN THE UNITED STATES, TRADITIONAL MEDIA, AND NEW TECH-MEDIA, ARE CORPORATE OLIGOPOLY MARKET STRUCTURES

https://medium.com/@ptolemy.3/indust...a-f7f4bba65f72
    Right. Wrong. Inbetween. Anyone happy about censorship when Big media is controlling the narrative may very well live to regret it.

Disclaimer and Promise: I have only discovered this site today. I don't know or adhere to anything the linked website publish, believe in, or whatever else. The purpose of the post is to just share information.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 02-26-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    The whole thing was always pointless. Why would anyone care how many other people claim not to want to see a movie? The very notion is ridiculous.
    Why would anyone care if someone want to see a movie either? It was all fine and dandy when most the people were voting they wanted to see the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    By the look of it, the only reason anyone is downvoting it at all is because they took what Larson said out of context. Other than that, there is no reason to vote on it because it's not even out yet. What is your downvote based on? Some sort of company loyalty? That's a stupid reason also. Basically there is no reason to give this movie, which, again, hasn't even come out yet, a downvote. And there is no reason why you should be able to do so. What is the purpose of that?
    Technically it was just a poll of people who wanted to see the movie and people who didn't want to see the movie. So what would be the point of a poll of people wanting to see a movie of a movie already out?
    We would already know that based on the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Why would anyone care if someone want to see a movie either? It was all fine and dandy when most the people were voting they wanted to see the movie.
    The only reason it was ever all fine and dandy was because people actually really don't give a **** unless there's a controversy. And that's why it's a good thing it's gone. It was pointless and utterly uninteresting at best, and a platform for opinionated nobodies at worst.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Didn't see this thread so I posted this in the Captain Marvel Forum but it really should go here:

Right. Wrong. Inbetween. Anyone happy about censorship when Big media is controlling the narrative may very well live to regret it.

Disclaimer and Promise: I have only discovered this site today. I don't know or adhere to anything the linked website publish, believe in, or whatever else. The purpose of the post is to just share information.
    Media has been controlled by a small few for well over a century but we've always had ways to combat it from independent radio and small papers and magazines to the modern day blog, vlog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, podcast, and any other way one can get their voice heard. I'm not defending the corporation just saying this isn't new.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post

Technically it was just a poll of people who wanted to see the movie and people who didn't want to see the movie. So what would be the point of a poll of people wanting to see a movie of a movie already out?
    We would already know that based on the box office.
    I don't see why anyone wants to read a review before seeing a movie. All it does is give stuff away. I can see reading them after just to see what people are saying. A vote of who says they will or will not see a movie seems meaningless but I guess it does have an influence just as word of mouth causes people to make assumptions but at least that's from people who have allegedly seen a movie.

Regardless of why they took it down, the bottom line is that it's becoming more and more obvious that RT audience scores of any kind are worthless. The deck stacking and stuffing the ballot box seem to happen mostly with the big movies but people could as easily do it to any movie just for laughs.
    Power with Girl is better.

People here are asking why the "Want to See" feature existed in the first place because who cares how other people feel about a movie.

The reason the feature existed is to make Rotten Tomatoes more of a destination site and a larger part of the pop culture conversation.

Audience participation means clicks and becoming part of the social media experience is a great way to get clicks and increase traffic.

If CBR removed its messageboard, would you still come here as much or stay as long in each visit? I definitely just briefly scan newsarama since they removed their messageboard. Don't spend more than a couple of minutes there each visit.

So, "Want to See" and "Audience Reviews" aren't done to benefit the film industry; they're done to benefit Rotten Tomatoes and to ensure that RT keeps getting talked about.

Like this thread, for instance.

Only when things get so toxic that it could adversely affect RT do they decide to take the feature down. I'm sure "Want to See" will be back after Captain Marvel opens.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-26-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’ve never seen the “who wants to see X movie” be a part of any pop culture conversation.

I didn't know there was a "want to see" section on RT until now. I tend to see films I want to see because I want to see them, not because other ppl do/dont.

All this 'controversy' just keeps reminding me that this film is coming out.