Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Default What's your favorite pizza topping?

Mine is mushrooms! I was just saying in another thread how much I love mushrooms. I don't think its very popular, however, maybe second least favorite after anchovies in which my Italian grandfather tried to get me into when I was a kid but hated because I felt they were too salty not because of its rep with kids since I still ate my spinach with love and vigor! I now really enjoy acciughe (anchovies)! I also don't see it get featured much in film. It's always pepperoni! So whether you eat old New York Style pizza, "authentic" Italian pizza or vegan pizza what is your favorite topping? Provide mouthwatering images/animated gifs and videos if you so desire!

Bon appetit!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Pepperoni, baby!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

While it's not my favorite, I'm going to give this a mention because I get a Beavis And Butthead chuckle out of knowing that it is an option.

The Gumby's Pizza "Stoner" pie. Pepperoni/Bacon/Mozzarella Sticks/French Fries/Cheddar Cheese/Mozzarella Cheese.

Priceless.

Sausage and onions for me. Also ham and pineapple when I'm in the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    mozzarella cheese.....
    Yeah, I'm just a cheese (or extra cheese) guy myself, though some tomatoes (not sun-dried!) aren't bad with that.

My friends and I use to have a general rule when it came to getting toppings (other than a "plain cheese" option for at least half of a pizza): no fish / no fungi.

I don't know if mozzarella counts as a topping, a plain slice is sauce and cheese. Though I would say fresh mozzarella is one.
    My vote would probably go to pepperoni.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

probably bell pepper and mushroom because that's what I ask for all the time. And I must eat my pizza with green salad or it doesn't taste as good.

My pizzas are one of these three usually: regular cheese pizza, garlic and oil on regular cheese pizza or bruchetta pizza.

Years ago a friend and myself came up with all kinds of things to have the pizza shop owner make on our pizza. Just whatever food items he had on hand.

What he called the "wackiest" one he ever heard of had cooked tomatoes and mushrooms, with uncooked tomatoes, lettuce and onions placed after it came out if the oven. It was so weird, he gave us that one for free!

On most regular pizza, my go to is pepperoni and mushroom, but I'm a NY style guy and if I can find a good place that does NY Style Pizza, it's just cheese for me.

Pepperoni, mushrooms is right there though. We usually make our own pie and if I don't have any 'roni' (as the 2 year old knows it by) it's always lacking.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

I like everything except for anchovies. God help you if I find a single anchovy, pizza is totally ruined.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    I like everything except for anchovies. God help you if I find a single anchovy, pizza is totally ruined.
    Amen to that, my brother. Anchovies are beyond hideous and are the absolute bane of pizza.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Pineapple. Lots and lots of pineapple...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Anchovies rule on my pizza.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Pepperoni, baby!

While I prefer to have a whole mushroom pizza to engorge on I will get a craving for some good ole pepperoni and get half and half.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    But- but little salty fishes - YUM!

I kind of have to laugh at the real toppings because there are so many people in Italy that find Pepperoni pizza a sin with many other toppings while anchovies are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While it's not my favorite, I'm going to give this a mention because I get a Beavis And Butthead chuckle out of knowing that it is an option.

The Gumby's Pizza "Stoner" pie. Pepperoni/Bacon/Mozzarella Sticks/French Fries/Cheddar Cheese/Mozzarella Cheese.

Priceless.
    I think native Italians may become suicidal over that, though.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    On most regular pizza, my go to is pepperoni and mushroom, but I'm a NY style guy and if I can find a good place that does NY Style Pizza, it's just cheese for me.
    Being a Connecticut native we have our New Haven style pizza which is a bit different from NY and Chicago pies.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Anchovies rule on my pizza.
    I've grown to like anchovies but I definitely have to be in the mood for them.

Meatball and sausage was the def favorite among my grandma and her kids and of course the odd one out my grandpa, like I said, who liked those awful little feeshes! But he always made sure to get his Chi her mushrooms.