Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It's not pizza without pepperoni. :P

The ideal pizza, imo, has: pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, onions, black olives, and mushrooms.

The only toppings I am vehemently against are fruits (pineapple, etc.). I do not want sickly sweet fruits anywhere near my meats, ever.

And I'm pro-anchovy.

Also, imo, there really isn't any such thing as a bad pizza (except one with sickly sweet fruit on it).
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 03-02-2019 at 05:50 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It's not pizza without pepperoni. :P

The ideal pizza, imo, has: pepperoni, sausage, bell peppers, onions, black olives, and mushrooms.

The only toppings I am vehemently against are fruits (pineapple, etc.). I do not want sickly sweet fruits anywhere near my meats, ever.

And I'm pro-anchovy.

Also, imo, there really isn't any such thing as a bad pizza (except one with sickly sweet fruit on it).
    Ha, sounds like the take and bake pizza you get at Costco's! Learned to love mushrooms on my pizza because of those!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Can we get into what we don't want on a pizza? I love black olives, but on a pizza I'm not a fan. I think they have a strong taste that sometimes overpowers everything else.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey WestPhilly, ever hear of some of the places here?:

Is there such a thing as the "Philly Taco?"
    Oh, yes, I have indeed heard of those places. And the "Philly Taco" is most definitely a thing. A co-worker had one a few weeks ago and said it was the most amazing thing ever.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

A nice thin pizza with goat cheese and fresh figs.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Oh, yes, I have indeed heard of those places. And the "Philly Taco" is most definitely a thing. A co-worker had one a few weeks ago and said it was the most amazing thing ever.
    Ha, cool bro. Nice to hear. Yeah, I wanted to ask about the "Philly Taco" because the comments section of that video said that this thing wasn't a real Philadelphia thing. Looks great though. Would love to visit that woman in Lancaster, PA. As an aside, it was interesting to see the slices of the pizza they have down in Philly. Not too different than what we have up here in the NYC area.

Can we get into what we don't want on a pizza? I love black olives, but on a pizza I'm not a fan. I think they have a strong taste that sometimes overpowers everything else.
    For me, I don't think I'd like pineapples. Too sweet and tart for me. And yeah, anchovies, as cliche as it sounds. Friend put some on my pizza once and just didn't sit well with me.

Finally, when I was in Mainland China and Hong Kong, Pizza Hut always offered this monstrosity:

Shrimp with a crust stuffed with hot dogs. Oh boy, allergic to the former ingredient and nauseous with the other.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Pine apple, of course.
    Same here, pineapples are so cool and delicious!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magik View Post
    Same here, pineapples are so cool and delicious!
    Pineapples are not that bad actually and taste surprisingly good on a pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Pineapples are not that bad actually and taste surprisingly good on a pizza.
    I could eat a slice with pineapple, but it's not to my liking. As for sweets on pizza, a local establishment in my hometown is rumored to use Orange Soda is a secret ingredient in their sauce. they deny it, other swear it's true, But their sauce is sweeter than just about any other pizza I've had. Perhaps I should examine the blood glucose monitor after slices from there and from other places.

Pepperoni and Italian Sausage

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Sardines, and Spinach. Listen. I was drunk at the time, and only had a blank cheese pizza from the grocery store. I used what I had, and I ended up loving it. Topping it with some Montreal Steak Spice, and you have yourself a treat.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    A nice thin pizza with goat cheese and fresh figs.
    That might be a tasty dish. A nice flatbread or tarte flambe. But that is not pizza!
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Sardines, and Spinach. Listen. I was drunk at the time, and only had a blank cheese pizza from the grocery store. I used what I had, and I ended up loving it. Topping it with some Montreal Steak Spice, and you have yourself a treat.
    I can work with spinach, but sardines? Hmm! I’m not so sure. That’s too close to anchovies which I dislike for my taste.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spinach is great on pizza. Many people like it on a white pizza, but I like it on a plain cheese pizza with red sauce.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I can work with spinach, but sardines? Hmm! I’m not so sure. That’s too close to anchovies which I dislike for my taste.
    To be specific they were sardine steaks that I chopped up to be less chunky than they otherwise would be out of the tin. I've never actually had anchovies or been anywhere where they served them on pizza, but yes I imagine it's similar. But I'm into seafood in general, I'll eat just about anything if it spent much of its life underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Spinach is great on pizza. Many people like it on a white pizza, but I like it on a plain cheese pizza with red sauce.
    I'm 90% Vegetarian nowadays so spinach on a plain cheese, red sauce is an easy meal. I still can't resist a bit of steak spice though. Just enough pep.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.