Question What are your favorite mangas in hardcover form?

Where do I find them in the first place?

PhasersOnStunning

Hardcovers are a lot of $$$ for local shops to tie up; I've had more luck with Barnes and Noble for the exotic stuff.

I'm mostly looking for collections/omnibus/hardcovers for the classic stuff... Late 80's and early 90's when the Japanese stuff was breaking through. I was the demographic back then, nostalgia and all... Kinda keeping an eye out for that stuff.
    Last edited by PhasersOnStunning; 03-01-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhasersOnStunning View Post
    Hardcovers are a lot of $$$ for local shops to tie up; I've had more luck with Barnes and Noble for the exotic stuff.

I'm mostly looking for collections/omnibus/hardcovers for the classic stuff... Late 80's and early 90's when the Japanese stuff was breaking through. I was the demographic back then, nostalgia and all... Kinda keeping an eye out for that stuff.
    Yeah man I'm glad I was reading manga during the golden era in d 90s

HC manga seem to be unpopular in this forum...

I'm currently working my way through Vinland Saga and that's hardcover. I was mid-way through Battle Royale when they put out the hardcovers of that so I switch mid-way. Doesn't look that nice on a shelf but it was more cost effective (price of 3 single volumes vs. 1 hardcover). They also just stared putting Berserk out in hardcover so if you've never read it that's a good way to start.

As far as where I get them, normally I get them from Barnes and Noble or Amazon.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

There’s loads of Junji Ito hardcovers around at the moment, so any of them!! My top two are Uzumaki (for a long story) and Shiver (for an anthology).
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

I'll say:

- Akira (Kodansha)
    - Battle Angel Alita (Kodansha)
    - Ghost in the Shell (Kodansha)
    - Highschool of the Dead (Yen Press)
    - All the Junji Ito by VIZ Media LLC
    - Berserk (Dark Horse)

Not much HC manga available hmmm