Question What are your favorite mangas in hardcover form?

Where do I find them in the first place?
    Can physical comic books be still in good reading condition during my old age?

All-New Member

Hardcovers are a lot of $$$ for local shops to tie up; I've had more luck with Barnes and Noble for the exotic stuff.

I'm mostly looking for collections/omnibus/hardcovers for the classic stuff... Late 80's and early 90's when the Japanese stuff was breaking through. I was the demographic back then, nostalgia and all... Kinda keeping an eye out for that stuff.
    Last edited by PhasersOnStunning; 03-01-2019 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhasersOnStunning View Post
    Hardcovers are a lot of $$$ for local shops to tie up; I've had more luck with Barnes and Noble for the exotic stuff.

I'm mostly looking for collections/omnibus/hardcovers for the classic stuff... Late 80's and early 90's when the Japanese stuff was breaking through. I was the demographic back then, nostalgia and all... Kinda keeping an eye out for that stuff.
    Yeah man I'm glad I was reading manga during the golden era in d 90s

HC manga seem to be unpopular in this forum...

I'm currently working my way through Vinland Saga and that's hardcover. I was mid-way through Battle Royale when they put out the hardcovers of that so I switch mid-way. Doesn't look that nice on a shelf but it was more cost effective (price of 3 single volumes vs. 1 hardcover). They also just stared putting Berserk out in hardcover so if you've never read it that's a good way to start.

As far as where I get them, normally I get them from Barnes and Noble or Amazon.
    Last Read: Berserk vol. 37
    Monthly Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Daredevil, Dead Man Logan, Detective Comics, Doomsday Clock, The Flash, Heroes in Crisis, Kick-Ass, Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Paper Girls, Shazam!, Supergirl, Superman, Young Justice

There’s loads of Junji Ito hardcovers around at the moment, so any of them!! My top two are Uzumaki (for a long story) and Shiver (for an anthology).
    Gideon Falls, Immortal Hulk, The Wicked + The Divine, Die, Batman, Paper Girls, Saga, The Walking Dead, Black Hammer, Man-Eaters, Outcast, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, The Empty Man, She Could Fly, B.P.R.D., Ice Cream Man, Hex Wives, Sparrowhawk, Oblivion Song, Redlands, Umbrella Academy, Monstress, The Seeds, Little Bird

I'll say:

- Akira (Kodansha)
    - Battle Angel Alita (Kodansha)
    - Ghost in the Shell (Kodansha)
    - Highschool of the Dead (Yen Press)
    - All the Junji Ito by VIZ Media LLC
    - Berserk (Dark Horse)

Not much HC manga available hmmm