Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default which superman's ending you prefer most?

whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?all-star superman?strange visitor story from adventures of superman?......ETC
    i personally most prefer is all-star superman.i thought this story has summarize superman's essential elements.and give he a seemingly martyrdom ending(but it's also suggest he has been sccessfully repaired sun,and became a cosmic entity,this made story fitting to superman's optimistic personality)
    and strange visitor is my second favourite ending story
    whatever happened to the man of tomorrow ending it's a bit disappointed,IMO.
    welcome to posts your most preferable ending story,those story didn't need to be complete no other comics related,other stories could complementory to those stories
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 02-26-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

BANNED

DC 1 Million is the best outcome if you're a Clois fan, with Clark rebuilding his life partner and exploring limitless hypertime with her. I believe Morrison also considers it the epilogue to All-Star.

I quite like Tom King's Action 1000 story, which acts as a "possible" ending to the Rebirth era, it's bittersweet because he says goodbye to his adopted homeworld and honours the memory of his late parents, but we get to know he's proud of what Jon has accomplished and that Lois is still alive and doing what she loves, even if she is a bit bored with immortality.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    DC 1 Million is the best outcome if you're a Clois fan, with Clark rebuilding his life partner and exploring limitless hypertime with her. I believe Morrison also considers it the epilogue to All-Star.

I quite like Tom King's Action 1000 story, which acts as a "possible" ending to the Rebirth era, it's bittersweet because he says goodbye to his adopted homeworld and honours the memory of his late parents, but we get to know he's proud of what Jon has accomplished and that Lois is still alive and doing what she loves, even if she is a bit bored with immortality.
    superman DC one million I see how the end of superman canon ..one million is where the superman canon will be in the future ... for me, this end is ideal for him ...

I really like all star ...
    Last edited by Superfamily; 02-26-2019 at 12:58 PM.

I never heard about the Strange Visitor ending. What's about?

Also, does the DC One Million ending invalids the Legion of Superheroes stories about Supes?

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    Also, does the DC One Million ending invalids the Legion of Superheroes stories about Supes?
    I don't think so unless there are some plot elements that are contradictory and I don't recall any off the top of my head, since One Million is set like 8,000 years after the Legion. LoSH is like the 30th century or thereabout and Morrison set the One Million stories in like the 830th century.

I think I'll have to go with One Million's ending as a continuation of All Star.

I've come to really dislike Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow. And I don't think I've read Strange Visitor.
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-26-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I never heard about the Strange Visitor ending. What's about?

it's come from adventures of superman's 46-48 issues,it's basically summarize superman's life from 1939 to the end of the universe.
    and DC One Million i remember is in canon even in post-crisis superman grounded V2 have mentioned superman dynasty,so theoretically,legion should be still in canon
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 02-26-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Kingdom Come. It's a good story and gives him a complete ending. Especially the JSA version. And Superman/Batman Generations.
    Assassinate Putin!

thanks for the replies. I wonder if Strange Visitor is worth buying.

For me it's definitely Morrison's 1 Million/All-Star. I love everything about the golden Superman living in the sun, keeping it (and earth) healthy and safe until returning to the universe thousands of years later. There's just something.....calming.....about the idea of Clark being eternal. Like, for all the bad things in the world it's gratifying to know he's out there, from the present day until well beyond the Legion's era.

Of course, according to All-Star, Clark's body was converted to energy and he did, "technically" die (insofar as bodily functions as we understand them ended) so that means he was actually some kind of "sun zombie."
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I gather that Morrison's Superman One Million and All-Star are probably supposed to be in continuity with one another, though I think that means All-Star retcons a few aspects of the original story.

I do like the idea of a Superman who lives for obscenely long amounts of time. If Harriet the tortoise can live for 170 years or so, I figure why can't Superman live for at least a thousand? So in that sense, I prefer Morrison's aging cycle than that of Waid's in Kingdom Come.

I'm not sure how I feel about every aspect of Morrison's One Million run, though. Resurrecting Lois is something that's either very romantic, or very creepy.

I didn't read the comics, but I think Waid's Superman lived at least 1000 years, long enough to witness the Legion the old fashioned way (i.e. living that long into the future instead of using time travel to get there). That's also pretty neat, but I still rate Morrison's Superman a bit higher.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Kingdom Come. It's a good story and gives him a complete ending. Especially the JSA version. And Superman/Batman Generations.
    Kingdom Come was meant to be a cautionary tale...it doesn't fit as an ideal ending for Clark, Waid, who wrote the thing, says he'd never realistically end up with Diana.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Kingdom Come was meant to be a cautionary tale...it doesn't fit as an ideal ending for Clark, Waid, who wrote the thing, says he'd never realistically end up with Diana.
    I choose KC because it struck me as the more complete ending. Things like living in the sun for a million years isn't really an ending. Generations is probably the closest thing to a happy ending I've ever really see him get.
    Assassinate Putin!

Yeah, I don't think it should really matter what a writer tells someone to take from a story after the fact. What matters is the story itself and how it resonates with the individual. If people like where Clark ended up after KC, more power to them. Me, it seems like a fine ending for the man. Probably not my favorite, but he ends up in a great place after a very shake middle.

Then again, I don't know if I have a favorite ending as I don't really much like to play with endings for Superman in the first place outside of extreme what-ifs. And in the what-if game, I like quantity ideas more than deciding which one is best. In the end it'd be closest to describe me to say that my favorite ending is that there is no ending, that Superman is just everlasting.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-28-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it should really matter what a writer tells someone to take from a story after the fact. What matters is the story itself and how it resonates with the individual. If people like where Clark ended up after KC, more power to them. Me, it seems like a fine ending for the man. Probably not my favorite, but he ends up in a great place after a very shake middle.

Then again, I don't know if I have a favorite ending as I don't really much like to play with endings for Superman in the first place outside of extreme what-ifs. And in the what-if game, I like quantity ideas more than deciding which one is best. In the end it'd be closest to describe me to say that my favorite ending is that there is no ending, that Superman is just everlasting.
    Agreed, it's up to the person reading the stories to decide how to interpret them. I don't like it when a writer or director tell me what everything means because art and stories are a very personal experience, and that's a much richer experience for me as well.

Personally, I'm fine with Superman ending up with Lois or Diana. Or someone else as long as it's a great story and he is happy. What I want most is that, like you, Superman is sort of eternal. Maybe he'll die some day, but he will live through his children.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In the end it'd be closest to describe me to say that my favorite ending is that there is no ending, that Superman is just everlasting.
    That's why I like 1 Million as an ending; because it's not really an ending.....just the next chapter. Clark gets his people back, gets Lois back (which I'm not crazy huge on but don't dislike), goes into the deep past to put a rose on Pa's grave and take down a chronovore.......and keeps going to parts unknown and adventures yet to be seen.

Ive got a whole head canon built off that idea where Clark (or rather, his energy/spirit) ends up out-living the entire universe and he helps build the foundations of the Fifth World in the next Orrery of Worlds.....but that's my own wild head canon and nothing I'd push on others.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.