Default Spider-Geddon Reading Order Question

What’s up Spider-philes?! I just picked up the Spider-Geddon and PPSM vol 5 trades. I’m quite looking forward to catching up here, but I’m waiting for the Spider-Geddon Cover Ops trade to be released to get it all in at once. Looking up the reading order through this link (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...dergeddon/amp/) I realize Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider issue one is in the order, which I’ll get in trade, but the release date is not until May-ish.

So my question in all this is, how crucial is the Spider-Gwen issue to the overall story? 1-10 with 10 being must read and 1 being completely unnecessary. I’m thinking it’ll be somewhere between 5-8, but that’s just me guessing. I don’t need plot details, just a recommendation. Thanks so much!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    What’s up Spider-philes?! I just picked up the Spider-Geddon and PPSM vol 5 trades. I’m quite looking forward to catching up here, but I’m waiting for the Spider-Geddon Cover Ops trade to be released to get it all in at once. Looking up the reading order through this link (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.com...dergeddon/amp/) I realize Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider issue one is in the order, which I’ll get in trade, but the release date is not until May-ish.

So my question in all this is, how crucial is the Spider-Gwen issue to the overall story? 1-10 with 10 being must read and 1 being completely unnecessary. I’m thinking it’ll be somewhere between 5-8, but that’s just me guessing. I don’t need plot details, just a recommendation. Thanks so much!
    Skip it and that's coming from a Spider-Gwen fan. A relaunched series tied up in the tie-ins of Spider-Geddon nit the way to go. I dropped the book from my pull list. Hope I've helped.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Honestly, the only Spider-Gwen issue that is pivotal to the event itself is #4, because it was effectively the actual epilogue to the event itself, and actually provided closure on UK and Noir getting killed off the way they did.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

About the only tie-in issues that I think are actually essential is the Spider-Girls one by Jody Houser. That event explains a big moment in the climax of Spider-Geddon 5.

The rest are just standalone you can explain or handwave in a line or two. The actual Spider-Geddon issues from 0-5 are standalone, self-contained, and mostly quite enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Honestly, the only Spider-Gwen issue that is pivotal to the event itself is #4, because it was effectively the actual epilogue to the event itself, and actually provided closure on UK and Noir getting killed off the way they did.
    Wow. I appreciate the help, but come on, a story does not have to be spoiled to make a recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'm just getting interested in Spider-Man / the Spider-Verse again (Secret Wars and its interruption of all the then-current Spider-stuff killed my interest back then) and have debated about buying into Spider-Geddon in tpb, especially because of hearing about what happened to Spider-Man Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'm just getting interested in Spider-Man / the Spider-Verse again (Secret Wars and its interruption of all the then-current Spider-stuff killed my interest back then) and have debated about buying into Spider-Geddon in tpb, especially because of hearing about what happened to Spider-Man Noir.
    So far it’s been pretty good. I stopped at issue 3 to get the Covert Ops trade which takes place about that time, but no complaints. Even with the previous poster spoiling the story some, and Noir being one of my favorite Spideys, it’s still worth reading and collecting, for me at least.

So far it’s been pretty good. I stopped at issue 3 to get the Covert Ops trade which takes place about that time, but no complaints. Even with the previous poster spoiling the story some, and Noir being one of my favorite Spideys, it’s still worth reading and collecting, for me at least.
    By the way, I had been aware of something happening to Spider-Man Noir well before you started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, I had been aware of something happening to Spider-Man Noir well before you started this thread.
    Gotcha. —insert a thumbs up emoji or something like it here—-