Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Master Man's name was Master Man, so he's the most powerful. That's like your tag being Boss Guy.
    Speaking of Master Man I loved when they brought him and Warrior Woman back in the pages of the 90's Namor series (issues 10-12).

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I don't know that I'd ever say that Namor was the most powerful of the Golden Age characters, simply because he had his share of weaknesses that were readily on hand. In water, though, no, I'm not messing with him in his element. His strength submerged was very much Superman-like, able to toss around submarines and ships weight thousands of metric tons. Plus, back then he had a bit of a plot device power of being able to adapt some of the same attributes as any sea-born creature. And then there was his mutant X factor, which gave him additional unexpected powers. Namor may not have been Superman, but sometimes he was written like it. Still, that didn't make him the most powerful character of WWII.

Sidebar 1: Master Man and Warrior Woman may have been perceived as Superman and Wonder Woman pastiches respectively, but I don't believe either was nearly as strong as the real thing when they were first created.

Sidebar 2: Perhaps everyone missed the old Invaders comics, but Thor was around back then. He was conjured up at one point to help out the Nazis, if memory serves.
    Yep, I remember Thor appearing in Invaders! And if memory serves, Thor knocked out Namor, proving he was stronger. Thor then used his lightning on Union Jack to revive him, giving UJ electrical blasting powers after he awoke.

Master Man, Warrior Woman and UMan were super strong villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yep, I remember Thor appearing in Invaders! And if memory serves, Thor knocked out Namor, proving he was stronger. Thor then used his lightning on Union Jack to revive him, giving UJ electrical blasting powers after he awoke.

Master Man, Warrior Woman and UMan were super strong villains.
    Yeah Thor was wearing his symbol of a swastika on his belt. They never brought it back for some reason.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    So I was thinking about the differences in Marvel/DC when it came to WW2. Depending on what continuity we're working in the allies on DCs side were rocking alot of heavy hitters including Superman. To explain why they dont just assault Germany directly and win the war they said "Hitler has the spear of destiny, with it he can control any superheroes who enter germany" meaning that they had to effectively fight everywhere BUT Germany.

Marvel on the other hand had mostly Captain America Types or people with a single variable power (Ice/flight etc). Then we come to Namor. Who is a tank.

Now I know the Axis had various super goons of their own but I can't legitimately think of any equal to Namor.
    Yes, Namor was the most powerful superhuman of WWII.

He actually could have defeated the Axis all by himself -- well, with the Atlanteans -- according to Marvels.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

One of them was probably Monstro the Mighty.