Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Action Comics#1008 Spoilers and Discussion

Adam Strange arrives at the DEO, but it comes under attack from a mystery creature. Lois finally returns to the Daily Planet (just as Trish is putting together an article on her and Supes) she tells Goode to give 'em hell now that she has her cubicle, and enters her office to find Jimmy hiding behind her desk. Jimmy tells her about the attack on the Kobra Cult, but he's all a jitter. Clark offers to take him back home so he can rest.

Meanwhile, Waller and Sam meet up but the building comes under attack. Sam offers to take Amanda to a safe house but Waller tells him their attackers know they have Argus tech and shoots him. Sam sees something tower over at him and faintly cries out Lois' name.

At the Kents apartment, Lois tries to tell Clark she told her dad his secret but they are interrupted by the news of an attack in Columbia. Clark uses his telescopic and x-ray vision and finds something is wrong. Waller heads over to Clark's apartment, revealing she knows he's Superman and that Leviathan is after them.

Overall, a pacy issue with significant developments. Very sassy Lois moments, as well as some sweet Lois and Clark scenes ("I don't take you for granted") and at least Lois isn't trying to keep things from Clark anymore, even if their conversation got interrupted. Solicits lie, as Waller appears to already have existing knowledge of Clark's identity. Wonder why she was willing to shoot Sam?

Astonishing Member

Hoping Sam's not dead.

I noticed the title of the article Trish is writing says "Lois In The Fast Lane."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MeGrimlock420 View Post
    I noticed the title of the article Trish is writing says "Lois In The Fast Lane."
    She's replaced Kofi Kingston and Kevin Owens in the WWE title match?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    She's replaced Kofi Kingston and Kevin Owens in the WWE title match?
    Yes she did.

Always Rakzo

Worked better than the last one at the very least. Bigger emphasis on worldbuilding and the story and mysteries are progressing effectively.

Although I have problems with how many times covers of Bendis' books don't really reflect what happens on them. First in Superman and now this which reinforces my idea that Bendis keeps changing his stories while he goes.

Art was good. Not bad overall.

Overall I thought it was a good issue that moved things along very nicely. Definitely has a spy/noir vibe to it and while it's moving fast I think it's spending enough time with the various threads to fill them in and quickly tying them all together.

You'd think Waller and Sam would be smarter than to fall for that simple of a ruse. But it worked and that was a good scene between the two of them. Lois' outreach to Sam seems to have worked to break through to him and I don't believe he's dead. Of course Waller already knows Superman's secret identity. Unless she put it together from Sam's little comment about Lois. Bendis continues to write Lois better, but she's still a little too casual about things. I think he is improving. Be kinda cool to see Lois end up in a sort of mentor role for Goode. Bendis did say Goode was going to have connections to Clark and Lois in that one interview.

Not crazy about the art though, particularly Epting's rendition of Superman and Lois. Spoiled by Gleason, Sook, and Paquette last arc I guess. Also not crazy about this new retro look for Adam Strange.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Had a really good time with this issue almost cover to cover.

Bendis seems to be having a good time with this style of high concept noir. Amanda and Sam were really charming as these two old pro spies. I'm actually really starting to like Sam especially knowing that what Lois said shook him on some level. I like this way, way more than the cartoon general. Lois back at the Planet because she'd be the one person Jimmy would totally trust was such a great moment. Everyone's reactions to Lois coming back were a lot of fun.

Seeing the Superman holy trinity finally together in an important scene acting as legit old friends is something I've missed sooooo much, and I haven't gotten it since like 2011 with Morrison. The three of them sitting on the floor of Lois' old office, Jimmy under a desk acting strange, Clark looking big and apparently awkward in his suit, and Lois looking equal parts relaxed and professional, really got to me.

Dude, I really hope Sam isn't dead. Please don't make me enjoy the idea of him, and then kill him. We saw no body, so I really hope it's a fake out.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Dude, I really hope Sam isn't dead. Please don't make me enjoy the idea of him, and then kill him. We saw no body, so I really hope it's a fake out.
    It's a total fake out. He'll be held hostage. That'll be how Lois gets involved.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bendis seemingly revealed that the 7 crisis events in Rebirth continuity are crisis on infinite earths, crisis in time, infinite crisis, final crisis , Flashpoint, Convergence and Metal

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Who did Lois mean by "you know who"?

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Bendis seemingly revealed that the 7 crisis events in Rebirth continuity are crisis on infinite earths, crisis in time, infinite crisis, final crisis , Flashpoint, Convergence and Metal
    Why even keeping Zero Hour?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Who did Lois mean by "you know who"?
    I took that as she thought Jimmy would have been more receptive if Clark had gone to him as Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I took that as she thought Jimmy would have been more receptive if Clark had gone to him as Superman.
    But clark said "he's been through enough". Superman as far as i know hasn't much.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    But clark said "he's been through enough". Superman as far as i know hasn't much.
    I think he meant Jimmy had been through enough and bringing in Superman would have just heightend everything even more.