Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    He's been fought off by Hulk for an extended period of time as recently as Marvel Knight 20th #6.

Of course, that's the same series where Fisk overpowered Doom and then got KO'd in one hit by Daredevil, so it might be objectively worthless as evidence.
    Iirc that was a doombot but that whole series was weird
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Well, the thing is, I'm pretty sure he can pretty handily defeat the Hulk and Hercules, as Superman has more powers going for him than just physical strength. He can also fly, use super-cold breath, heat vision, and move faster than a speeding bullet.

Hyperion and Sentry ... well, those characters were meant to be Superman analogs. So those fights could be a bit more interesting, at least from my point of view.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Well, the thing is, I'm pretty sure he can pretty handily defeat the Hulk and Hercules, as Superman has more powers going for him than just physical strength. He can also fly, use super-cold breath, heat vision, and move faster than a speeding bullet.

Hyperion and Sentry ... well, those characters were meant to be Superman analogs. So those fights could be a bit more interesting, at least from my point of view.
    Not all Supermen are created equal. The version running this gauntlet, pre-1985, was incredibly powerful compared to really any modern super hero. Hyperion really can't compare, and neither could the current Canon Superman.

Sentry stand a chance, but it has less to do with being a Superman analog and more to do with a bunch of other powers he has... Most importantly the ability to come back from having his head blown off, being exploded, or otherwise having his entire body ripped apart on a molecular level. That's not a Superman thing.