Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pre-COIE Superman runs the gauntlet!

The Gold Standard of Flying Bricks

takes on:

- Silver Surfer
    - Hyperion
    - Sentry
    - Blue Marvel
    - Gladiator
    - Thor
    - Hulk
    - Namor
    - Hercules

How does he do?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    The Gold Standard of Flying Bricks

takes on:

- Silver Surfer
    - Hyperion
    - Sentry
    - Blue Marvel
    - Gladiator
    - Thor
    - Hulk
    - Namor
    - Hercules

How does he do?
    He trivially kills - or marries them to gorillas - every single one except Sentry.

He's too fast for all of them and capable of hurting them. But he can't put Sentry down for keeps - and Sentry can do that to PC Supes.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...he still marries the Sentry to a gorilla, dude.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Let's be real, depending on his given state of sanity at the time, the Sentry probably shows up to the fight with a gorilla, because he heard Superman was the pope and was looking for someone to marry him to his new bride.

Anyway, if you take seriously the notion of the Sentry's last powerup placing him considerably beyond even someone that had been given his own powers (I'm personally still a bit dubious on it, but it's the very last thing we've seen of the guy I suppose), he's fine. Without that there is still something of the issue of being able to lastingly put the Sentry down.

Everyone else gets wrecked.

...well-played, sir.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

considering bob's mental state, he would probably welcome a nice gorilla wife to listen to his problems and cook for him.

Why couldn't Bob cook for his gorilla wife? It might help his mental state.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm still not entirely convinced Sentry's wife wasn't just a construct generated by his subconscious, the same way the Void was, so I don't even want to know what his gorilla wife would be like.

Look, it's not Pope Superman's job to do anything but marry people and gorillas, how the marriage goes from there is the couple's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Why couldn't Bob cook for his gorilla wife? It might help his mental state.
    Its now canon that Bob has actual cooking experience in a diner btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Look, it's not Pope Superman's job to do anything but marry people and gorillas, how the marriage goes from there is the couple's problem.
    Based on my years of research, Bob's "Love Language" is Words of Affirmation. The Gorilla, having no real grasp of verbal English, has a big challenge ahead of it. I wish the best for them.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Anyway, if you take seriously the notion of the Sentry's last powerup placing him considerably beyond even someone that had been given his own powers (I'm personally still a bit dubious on it, but it's the very last thing we've seen of the guy I suppose), he's fine. Without that there is still something of the issue of being able to lastingly put the Sentry down.

Everyone else gets wrecked.
    He's been fought off by Hulk for an extended period of time as recently as Marvel Knight 20th #6.

Of course, that's the same series where Fisk overpowered Doom and then got KO'd in one hit by Daredevil, so it might be objectively worthless as evidence.

This is a surprisingly wholesome thread.

And Desert Torturer Pope Superman will not stand for that.

Incredible Member

Unless Bobby boy can fly across the universe in minutes or less and he can drag a chain of planets across the universe, Bobby has no chance. Supes hits him a million times with a power that can punch through black holes or reality before Bobby even knows he's there.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Unless Bobby boy can fly across the universe in minutes or less and he can drag a chain of planets across the universe, Bobby has no chance. Supes hits him a million times with a power that can punch through black holes or reality before Bobby even knows he's there.
    Which doesn't put Bob down for keeps. Molecule Man can't put Bob down for keeps. Supes sure as hell isn't doing it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan