Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Default X-Force #3, Discussion (Spoilers)

- It opens with the preview pages: fighting, old random guy dies, Deathlok and mutant soldier Andrei attempt to enter the Transian military HQ, Andrei betrays him, more fighting.
    - We cut back to X-Force, Warpath takes a hit, Star checks to see if he’s alright and is about to get hit himself when Boom Boom shows up!
    - Sam takes Cable aside to have a chat, meanwhile Ahab makes his escape from the lab.
    - Andrei runs to the time portal and walks through, suggesting he was actually a plant from the future (he might be the flame guy on the recently solicited cover rather than Match, as speculated).
    - Sam and Cable talk about Cable’s motivation for taking out old Cable, Sam seems to be accepting that they are the same Cable.
    - Deathlok has found the mutants being held prisoner and calls Cable for retrieval, Constantin discovers that Ahab has escaped and killed his son, Ahab takes out Deathlok, TBC.

I'm ready for the Transia stuff to be over, and thankfully it appears to be wrapping up. It's not a great sign when a Stryfe story would be an improvement. Glad that Boom Boom finally joins the team, although I don't like her costume. The Sam portion of the Cannonball/Cable talk was good, but the Cable parts were just repetition of what has already been said.

Still find it hilarious that X-Force (one of the X-Men's last line of defenders) would rather run after some kid who "killed" their Cable than making sure mutants weren't literally being hunted after by who knows what. I know that has nothing to do with the individual issue, but the whole premise that forced them into this role is so......forced.
    Last edited by Tycon; 02-27-2019 at 12:28 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Boom Boom is the best part of this book bar none.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Truer words have not been uttered. I also really like the art.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Fantastic Member

The biggest problem with this book is its release schedule. Even once every three weeks would be fine. I see they seem to be alternating between 1 and 2 issues a month soon, maybe that'll help.

I liked it but I forgot who Andrei was.

I was gonna drop the book but now I see the phrase Boom-Boom, so I guess I'll pick it up tomorrow...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I was gonna drop the book but now I see the phrase Boom-Boom, so I guess I'll pick it up tomorrow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Truer words have not been uttered. I also really like the art.

damn right.

Er... speaking of a Stryfe Arc...
    Have we yet seen Kid Cable without a left sleeve or glove on?

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Er... speaking of a Stryfe Arc...
    Have we yet seen Kid Cable without a left sleeve or glove on?
    We have actually. At the end of Extermination and at the beginning of this book.

Issue was okay. I still think Kid Cable is just a stupid concept, though. Am ready for it to run its course and for the real deal to come back.

I dont get the point of this book. The premise was about hunting down Kid Cable as revenge for killing old Cable but that was resolved rather quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont get the point of this book. The premise was about hunting down Kid Cable as revenge for killing old Cable but that was resolved rather quickly
    They could only go so far with the hunting KC thing anyway. But I'd say the point of this book is to wrap up some of the unresolved plots from Extermination, Like Rachel and Ahab. But to also get an in depth look at Kid Cable since Brisson said he'd be exploring the undisclosed years of Cable's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

damn right.
    Boom Boom awesome as usual

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly, I'm with Snoop - issue two lacked a certain energy. But as soon as Tabby stepped back onto the scene the book was ELECTRIC.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey