Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I wonder if Moneta is an anagram. Since it has the name Nate in there, when rearranged.

I'm probably reaching.

Or, like.....NO META? yeah, I'm probably reaching.
    It's "NO MEAT". She's a vegan.

or

"On Team" a bit on the nose, but hey

or

"Tea, Mon", a Rastafarian tea shop proprietor

or

"Eat. nom" as she feeds you her noodlefingers.

I was hoping we would see some familiar faces getting arrested :-(

I love that Age of X-Man has really allowed writers to explore actual discrimination. Nate’s reality is basically one that removes all systemic oppression against mutants and lets stories that were always shrouded in mutant metaphor have the room to be expressed. The very concept of this AU is made to be temporary, but I wouldn’t mind this being stretched out a little longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    I was hoping we would see some familiar faces getting arrested :-(
    Leah’s been hinting that Ric may show up. That or she just likes talking about the character a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I love that Age of X-Man has really allowed writers to explore actual discrimination. Nate’s reality is basically one that removes all systemic oppression against mutants and lets stories that were always shrouded in mutant metaphor have the room to be expressed. The very concept of this AU is made to be temporary, but I wouldn’t mind this being stretched out a little longer.

Leah’s been hinting that Ric may show up. That or she just likes talking about the character a lot.
    She said the other day that she was looking for specific hair references for Ric. So either he's showing up in The X-Tremists (or one of the other projects she's been teasing!) or she's commissioning some detailed art. XD

Quote Originally Posted by magneticmushroom View Post
    or

"Eat. nom" as she feeds you her noodlefingers.
    Well THAT just str8 killed me LOL
    "noodlefingers"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It was like an aggressive Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
    Fr I was totally thinking the same thing based on these spoilers. I haven’t read the issue yet.

I enjoyed this. Some of the dialogue was a bit jarring in places for me but the overall tone and story implications are great. I'm really enjoying this team of characters together too (aside from Blob who I'm still not getting his appeal in this). The art was a bit better but I think Jeanty would benefit greatly from a different inker/colorist.

Looking forward to see how the team handles this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I enjoyed this. Some of the dialogue was a bit jarring in places for me but the overall tone and story implications are great. I'm really enjoying this team of characters together too (aside from Blob who I'm still not getting his appeal in this). The art was a bit better but I think Jeanty would benefit greatly from a different inker/colorist.

Looking forward to see how the team handles this issue.
    I didn't mind the colorist, but yeah, there were some spots where is seemed like the inking just made the lineart look almost brittle, and other pages where it seemed like Jeanty was aiming for a more realistic look that was gone by the next page. There were some nice panels, I just wish the whole look had been more consistent.

Great story in theory but the dialogue was a bit painful at times. I don’t think I was consistently engaged unfortunately and the art was really subpar.

I wish everything culminated into something that matched the heart put into this story. Still appreciate the innovation here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's

Mo Bamba
    Caaaallin' a young mutie phooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Caaaallin' a young mutie phooooooone
    You two just made my day. Lol

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. The dialogue felt off to me, but that might be all the French. The art was inconsistent and the colors were weak. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing where this book is going.

How old is Moneta supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. The dialogue felt off to me, but that might be all the French. The art was inconsistent and the colors were weak. That said, I'm looking forward to seeing where this book is going.

How old is Moneta supposed to be?
    19-ish. The baby of the group.

I kinda liked it. It wasn't perfect and as many have said the art was weak sometimes.

I have the feeling that the writer made Moneta with the intention of having a "scrappy" in the team (I really doubt she'll be likable in the next issues).

Moneta isn't Williams' creation. She's a character of the plotrunners who assigned her to Williams' book. Don't know how much hand they had in the characterization, but yeah, I don't think we're supposed to like her. I think Williams outright called Moneta a neo nazi in a recent interview.