Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I'm not saying that Retrograde isn't a bad slur, but it's so on the nose and just doesn't have that ring to it that makes for a good slur.

The meaning behind it makes perfect sense, but the word itself just doesn't do it for me. ...
    A good slur? Ya mean like Mutie and/or flatscan? And was it 'Grades, which in & of itself comes with connotations, what didn't work for you? 'Cause Retrograde was only used once at the end, by Bobby.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    A good slur? Ya mean like Mutie and/or flatscan? And was it 'Grades, which in & of itself comes with connotations, what didn't work for you? 'Cause Retrograde was only used once at the end, by Bobby.
    Yeah, Grades didn't work either. It's too sunny and bright with that a in the middle. A good slur is an ugly word by itself. Like mutie. And even flatscan has some appeal because it's so clinical, but it gets the meaning across.

I don't know, maybe Grade will grow on me.

I think we're meant to see Bobby's stupid humor as him trying to cope with not being very comfortable with the situation. In fact, the only one who was comfortable was Moneta.
    I was really feeling that when Bobby and Jubilee had this exchange:

"Ha! We could be dealing with the first pregnancy and murder in years!"

"Bobby! That's not funny!"

"I know, okay? I know, Jubilee."

Meanwhile, Moneta is literally calling her Nezumi a freak, saying that she "did this to herself." Also, I adore Jean-Paul calling Moneta a "little bug" all the time.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

This was an unusual read it felt disjointed, menial, and underwhelming I think I was expected something more compelling. I thought the lovers, and the X-men reaction to a potential pregnancy as intriguing, but the execution wasn't worth the read. The art honestly made the story worst and confusing in so many places, many of the character interactions felt forced and why is Blob, here again Piotr would have been much better in every way.

Also, that long running joke that wasn't funny and neverending just about killed the issue!

Yeah, I would like to see this Fred a bit more in 616. I like him.
    Same. This is a more interesting character than the canon version. I can't believe I got invested in the character. That is some good writing.
    Logan is just jealous that he is dating Psylocke :P
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

BANNED

Yeah, Grades didn't work either. It's too sunny and bright with that a in the middle. A good slur is an ugly word by itself. Like mutie. And even flatscan has some appeal because it's so clinical, but it gets the meaning across.

I don't know, maybe Grade will grow on me.
    Okay, still not really connectin' with what your you're sayin', but that's alright. Guess I've never given slur words that much thought, as they've always been ugly just by default, for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    ... Logan is just jealous that he is dating Psylocke :P
    OMG, that's right, I knew there had to be an ulterior reason why he'd randomly step in to oppose friendly Fred movin' beyond AoXM.

Ultimate Member

It's not jealousy, I don't like the pairing and want it to end with the end of AoX is all, and I know that the 616 Blob is a VERY different character and he's only nice because of Nate's machinations...

Really looking to the forbidden love story of these two

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    ... it turns out that one of them, Nezumi, is pregnant, and no one on the team has any idea how to deal with this. Literally. Due to Nate Grey’s meddling, the team has no conception (*rimshot*) of the processes, mechanics, or tells of pregnancy. All medical equipment meant to ensure safe, natural births was junked years ago. It’s considered such an unlikely situation that there’s not even criminal protocol for how to deal with a pregnant criminal. Reproduction is such alien territory that the guys have to ask the ladies if they can tell if Nezumi is pregnant by looking at her. ...
    This was pretty well done, must say. The boys' discussion about it, came across as so bizarre in its clinical detachment, that it was unsettling almost to the point of being repellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Really looking to the forbidden love story of these two
    I cant help but find this hilarious haha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I enjoyed this. ... was a bit jarring...
    That's a good word for the whole issue, IMO. The more I think about it, the more it felt like this:

... just not blatantly so. The approach taken was more... sly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    It's not jealousy, I don't like the pairing and want it to end with the end of AoX is all, and I know that the 616 Blob is a VERY different character and he's only nice because of Nate's machinations...
    Sounds like you're jealous... in denial, and... worried. ;p

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    This was pretty well done, must say. The boys' discussion about it, came across as so bizarre in its clinical detachment, that it was unsettling almost to the point of being repellent.
    Yeah, especially when Bobby is just, like, Oh, good, the women are here! We can ask them!

I mean, I think a lot of guys just assume that women know something about pregnancy even if we've never had children and we aren't medical professionals.

But here that clinical detachment just makes it so much worse. We are so used to pregnant women being treated a certain way. I'm not saying it's good to treat them like delicate dolls or anything, but that makes more sense to us than treating them like a medical curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Agree, and magine Monet St. Croix still remenber she's been a little 'grade-hater named Moneta after AoXM, lol.
    By the way, I konw Moneta is literally a new character, but her power apparently came from Monet's brother, Emplate. But I think it's strange that Psylock had to read Moneta's memory to konw what the iced lovers had done. Can't she read it directly from them? I hope Leah's gonna explain, like their powers are diffrent or Psylock's telepath just got reduced by Nate.

BANNED

Here we go:

... this is so WTF, I don't even know where to begin, with "holistic sanitary environment, divisive barbarism," or "organic architecture required for pregnancy."