Thread: Images

Default Images

Why are some pictures posted in a forum large while others are small? No matter what size the picture I post from my computer is, it always appears as a thumbnail that you have to click to enlarge. However in the same thread other users can post full size pictures that fill up the page, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Why are some pictures posted in a forum large while others are small? No matter what size the picture I post from my computer is, it always appears as a thumbnail that you have to click to enlarge. However in the same thread other users can post full size pictures that fill up the page, why is that?
    Depends on where you get your picture from / what you do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Depends on where you get your picture from / what you do with it?
    So you have to use a picture posting site like photobucket (r.i.p.) to have a larger image? That's an extra step that seems so 2003.

So you have to use a picture posting site like photobucket (r.i.p.) to have a larger image? That's an extra step that seems so 2003.
    Well, I know there have been instances where people have posted a picture that comes out smaller, but when I click on it to open it in a new tab, then take that address and put "[img]" and the same thing but as "[/img]" on the other end, that will show up in the larger size later on.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, I know there have been instances where people have posted a picture that comes out smaller, but when I click on it to open it in a new tab, then take that address and put "[img]" and the same thing but as "[/img]" on the other end, that will show up in the larger size later on.
    Okay, thanks Major Hoy!

The thumbnailing of images if a feature, not a bug.
    Without it, you tend to get images that are HUGE which plays havoc with board formatting (forces posts to be wider) plus forces people to scroll past looooong images that they probably don't care about.

People, if they're interested in the image, can always click on the thumbnail to make a bigger version appear.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The thumbnailing of images if a feature, not a bug.
    Without it, you tend to get images that are HUGE which plays havoc with board formatting (forces posts to be wider) plus forces people to scroll past looooong images that they probably don't care about.

People, if they're interested in the image, can always click on the thumbnail to make a bigger version appear.
    Thanks! It would be fine if it happened indiscriminately to everyone, but when it's an appreciation thread full of pictures, it makes your post look rinky dink by comparison and creates a hierarchy where it's much less important. I honestly thought it may be related to post count or something and you had to reach a certain level to post a larger image, that's because it feels like a punishment. Here's an example...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ciation-thread!

Thanks! It would be fine if it happened indiscriminately to everyone, but when it's an appreciation thread full of pictures, it makes your post look rinky dink by comparison and creates a hierarchy where it's much less important. I honestly thought it may be related to post count or something and you had to reach a certain level to post a larger image, that's because it feels like a punishment. Here's an example...

If your image attachments are no larger than 700x700 and don't exceed file size limit, they'll appear un-thumbnailed.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    If your image attachments are no larger than 700x700 and don't exceed file size limit, they'll appear un-thumbnailed.
    Thanks so much for your help he with the coolest user name!