Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Oh this is like old school super compressed comics compared to King.
    Can't complain here cause I love me some Tom King lol I think he's the best things to happen in comics in a while. Haven't read Heroes in Crisis though.

His writing is slow but there's build up for SURE. I think Wilson could use some of that here? Everything feels so in your face. Idk.

Like Aphrodite wanting to find her son. The hug. The Diana being sued stuff. Everything is just thrown. And I feel Diana herself is being thrown from side to side trying to do something and she doesn't know exactly what..

(This may sound a little bitter, but really. I appreciate this run for a lot of things. It's just... it could be so much better)

Quote Originally Posted by Joao View Post
    Can't complain here cause I love me some Tom King lol I think he's the best things to happen in comics in a while. Haven't read Heroes in Crisis though.

His writing is slow but there's build up for SURE. I think Wilson could use some of that here? Everything feels so in your face. Idk.

Like Aphrodite wanting to find her son. The hug. The Diana being sued stuff. Everything is just thrown. And I feel Diana herself is being thrown from side to side trying to do something and she doesn't know exactly what..

(This may sound a little bitter, but really. I appreciate this run for a lot of things. It's just... it could be so much better)
    The pacing is odd isn’t it? On the one hand, a lot of stuff does feel rushed. The hug, which I really liked, happened so fast it jarred me for a second. The lawsuit thing got going super fast and felt like a big deal, then moved to the back burner and was over just as fast. And the search for Nemeis happened really quick. Fastest search ever lol.

But at the same time the pacing feels slow. It’s like the story is trying to get going but hasn’t decided if it’s really ready to go.

Usually it’s either everything is too slow or everything is too rushed. This kinda feels like both at the same time. But I do think the writing in general has gotten better, so if the pacing issues get better I’ll be ok with it I think.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    The pacing is odd isn’t it? On the one hand, a lot of stuff does feel rushed. The hug, which I really liked, happened so fast it jarred me for a second. The lawsuit thing got going super fast and felt like a big deal, then moved to the back burner and was over just as fast. And the search for Nemeis happened really quick. Fastest search ever lol.

But at the same time the pacing feels slow. It’s like the story is trying to get going but hasn’t decided if it’s really ready to go.

Usually it’s either everything is too slow or everything is too rushed. This kinda feels like both at the same time. But I do think the writing in general has gotten better, so if the pacing issues get better I’ll be ok with it I think.
    I agree the hug felt like it needed more weight given to it, but again I feel that might have been the art letting the story down.

Wilson reminds me not to be too judgemental with this one. Her use of Nemesis to throw in a plot twist was a nice move. While I think more might have been made of Nemesis effect on others, especially regarding anti-social media, the reverse with her using Cake was deftly handled and a nice touch.

I hope Steve is up to something.

3/5
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I agree the hug felt like it needed more weight given to it, but again I feel that might have been the art letting the story down.

Wilson reminds me not to be too judgemental with this one. Her use of Nemesis to throw in a plot twist was a nice move. While I think more might have been made of Nemesis effect on others, especially regarding anti-social media, the reverse with her using Cake was deftly handled and a nice touch.

I hope Steve is up to something.

3/5
    If this run will continue the tradition of anticlimatic fights in WW that has been a thing since new 52, they could avoid using Gods at least. Am i really supposed to believe that a Goddess will be unable to escape from a pile of rocks falling onto her?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by starlight25 View Post
    If this run will continue the tradition of anticlimatic fights in WW that has been a thing since new 52, they could avoid using Gods at least. Am i really supposed to believe that a Goddess will be unable to escape from a pile of rocks falling onto her?
    If Nemesis has to bite you to work her mojo, what do you suppose Aphrodite has to do?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

If Nemesis has to bite you to work her mojo, what do you suppose Aphrodite has to do?
    You are thinking of something dirty?

Fantastic Member

This is pretty terrible. Everything comes so easy. Everything is explained to us. Diana rushes away from Nemesis because something Nemesis told her, then Aphrodite has a convenient explanation for what happened to Themyscira. How does Aphrodite know? Is she suddenly the goddess of wisdom? And why does Diana just believe everything everyone tells her?

Diana finds Nemesis. Somehow. Diana sees the detritus and somehow knows it's all the people who've been poisoned by Nemesis. I'm sorry, you need more than a scribbled picture and a pair of scissors to give that any kind of weight. Nemesis poisons Diana- and Diana just shrugs it off- somehow. No sweat. Diana mentions Nemesis has "reignited her darkest feud," but that was thrown off pretty lightly- with a hug. I mean, come on! Veronica is raging against Wonder Woman, you can't tell me that kind of gesture wouldn't drive Veronica even more insane. I can see Veronica agreeing to the stalemate to help her kid, but I can't see her just being so emotionally vulnerable with Diana almost immediately. It's too psychologically improbable, especially for someone who's been poisoned by hatred.

And Steve. Wow. He's got his own career and how own concerns but he's really just spending his days waiting around for Diana? Way to make him seem pathetic.

I'm not against the basic ideas (well, except for the Steve stuff). This just reads more like an outline than a story, with characters explaining the plot. It resembles an emotionally wrenching story, but really it's just plot points that need to be hit so we can get on to the next thing. Disappointing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    This is pretty terrible. Everything comes so easy. Everything is explained to us. Diana rushes away from Nemesis because something Nemesis told her, then Aphrodite has a convenient explanation for what happened to Themyscira. How does Aphrodite know? Is she suddenly the goddess of wisdom? And why does Diana just believe everything everyone tells her?

Diana finds Nemesis. Somehow. Diana sees the detritus and somehow knows it's all the people who've been poisoned by Nemesis. I'm sorry, you need more than a scribbled picture and a pair of scissors to give that any kind of weight. Nemesis poisons Diana- and Diana just shrugs it off- somehow. No sweat. Diana mentions Nemesis has "reignited her darkest feud," but that was thrown off pretty lightly- with a hug. I mean, come on! Veronica is raging against Wonder Woman, you can't tell me that kind of gesture wouldn't drive Veronica even more insane. I can see Veronica agreeing to the stalemate to help her kid, but I can't see her just being so emotionally vulnerable with Diana almost immediately. It's too psychologically improbable, especially for someone who's been poisoned by hatred.

And Steve. Wow. He's got his own career and how own concerns but he's really just spending his days waiting around for Diana? Way to make him seem pathetic.

I'm not against the basic ideas (well, except for the Steve stuff). This just reads more like an outline than a story, with characters explaining the plot. It resembles an emotionally wrenching story, but really it's just plot points that need to be hit so we can get on to the next thing. Disappointing.
    Agree that the whole thing with ignoring Nemesis’ power was anticlimactic. I was expecting Diana to go after Cale full tilt, instead it’s like “meh”.

BANNED

Agree that the whole thing with ignoring Nemesis’ power was anticlimactic. I was expecting Diana to go after Cale full tilt, instead it’s like “meh”.
    Everything about Wonder Woman has been anticlimatic for a while. gww is just the new writer following the trend. WW and her verse feel weak, boring and lifeless. I can bet that when we are more than 10 issue into this run. WW will still feel weak, bored and dull. I say more than 10 issues, because apparently gww is bulding a massive epic WW story according to some people. I think that if there was any epicness in sight, we should be able to see some of it after almost 10 issues, but oh well. Let's give her more than 10 issues. I already lost hope anyway so i have nothing to lose.

So, looks like Wonder Woman is still in fictional Virginia Shore. Steve and the gods are hanging around, creating the promise of a semi-regular cast. I liked it, okay. Won't bring me back, as a regular, ..but, I liked it.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Extraordinary Member

No poll for this one?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    So, looks like Wonder Woman is still in fictional Virginia Shore. .
    She's on the Virginia shore. That's not a fictional place, it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    She's on the Virginia shore. That's not a fictional place, it's real.
    Virginia Shore is the town or city, where Steve and Ferdinand built a beach house for Diana, at the end of the Rucka run. Steve had a really cool beard, right up until they settled here.

BTW, ..I live in Washington, DC, and I'm aware VA's shore is a real place. Perhaps, real-life Bay Shore, not far from Norfolk, might have inspired the naming of 'Virginia Shore'.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Fantastic Member

Willow has brought me to a point where i am no longer excited about Wonder Woman Wednesday. Just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Virginia Shore is the town or city, where Steve and Ferdinand built a beach house for Diana, at the end of the Rucka run. Steve had a really cool beard, right up until they settled here.

BTW, ..I live in Washington, DC, and I'm aware VA's shore is a real place. Perhaps, real-life Bay Shore, not far from Norfolk, might have inspired the naming of 'Virginia Shore'.
    Or Virginia Beach.