Wonder Woman is convinced Themyscira is actually gone. She later goes to Nemesis's lair and gets bitten which drives her into a mad rage. She overcomes it and realizes that Nemesis is the one using Veronica Cale, and not the other way around. She goes to Cale and eventually gets through to her, vowing to help bring back Isadore. She and Aphrodite (on a sparkly flying swan no less) travel off in search of answers.

Honestly, I have to say... Wilson is sorta losing me. I'm so over the "Where's Themyscira?!" plotline that seems to happen in the Wonder Woman comics every other year. I love the amazons and Themyscira as the next fan, but I want to see the comics moving forward rather than backward.

Beyond that, Wilson's ideas are fantastic, but the execution is lacking. I love Aphrodite, I love the Nemesis/Cale dynamic, I love the in-your-face current politics like the Cale speech about alternative media sources, I love the absurdism of the mythical creatures living amongst mortals, but the execution and pacing of the issues have been lacking.

But I'm still really excited for the Giganta story coming in a few weeks!