Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Virginia Shore is the town or city, where Steve and Ferdinand built a beach house for Diana, at the end of the Rucka run. Steve had a really cool beard, right up until they settled here.

BTW, ..I live in Washington, DC, and I'm aware VA's shore is a real place. Perhaps, real-life Bay Shore, not far from Norfolk, might have inspired the naming of 'Virginia Shore'.
    Wasn't it simply called the Virginia Coast? It doesn't really matter, I just assumed it was a geographical designation, not an actual town.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanT View Post
    Wasn't it simply called the Virginia Coast? It doesn't really matter, I just assumed it was a geographical designation, not an actual town.
    In #25, it is labelled "The Virginia Coast".

In #64, our first scene there is labelled "Coastal Virginia", and in #65 it gets "Home of Diana Prince, Northern Virginia". I haven't found any reference to a "Virginia Shore".
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Extraordinary Member

Not exactly sure what it says that a large proportion of the thread discussion so far is about the name of the beach where Diana sleeps...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Or Virginia Beach.
    I have been wrong about the name of Diana's fictional city. It's NOT 'Virginia Shore', apparently.

On page 14, WW #38 (current vol), Diana's city is officially called "Virginia Shoreline, VA" - the comma and 'VA' clearly designating that it's a name of a geographical place ..or an address. It's not presented, as "The shoreline...in Virginia" or "A rocky shoreline in Virginia", as Robinson refers to "The Amazon Jungle...", when he's referring to geographical place, without naming it. Elsewhere, he writes "Manila, Phillipines", designating an address; comparatively speaking, his Virginia Shoreline is the name of Diana's fictional, coastal city or town.

Virginia Shoreline, USA...not very memorable, but, I'll take it. Probably a hodge-podge of places, like Norfolk, which is like Virginia's answer to Austin, TX, without the progressive politics.

I'd rather have Diana in Gateway City or Etta's new home in Georgetown, a district in Washington DC, ..but, I'll take it.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-15-2019 at 01:48 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!