Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

All right, since I’ve cut a lot off my pull list, I’ve finally gotten myself JSA omnibus vol. 3
    It’d better be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    All right, since I’ve cut a lot off my pull list, I’ve finally gotten myself JSA omnibus vol. 3
    It’d better be worth it.
    Well, that one does look like a mixed bag.
    This final, mammoth collection of Geoff Johns’s JSA run includes JSA #76-87, JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #1-28, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #8-10, JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNUAL #1, JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL: SUPERMAN #1, JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL: MAGOG #1 and JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL: THE KINGDOM #1.
    https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/jsa-omnibus-2014/jsa-omnibus-vol-3

The post-Infinite Crisis issues of Justice Society of America where Geoff Johns goes overboard in adding new members can be frustrating, plus you get Magog.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, that one does look like a mixed bag.

https://www.dccomics.com/graphic-novels/jsa-omnibus-2014/jsa-omnibus-vol-3

The post-Infinite Crisis issues of Justice Society of America where Geoff Johns goes overboard in adding new members can be frustrating, plus you get Magog.

I have yet to start reading, but I love, love, LOVE the stories in omnibus vol. 1 and 2.
    Imo, Johns best work.
    Regardless how it'll turn out, I know for I'll have enjoyed 2/3 at the very least so there's that.

I liked it. The first arc does add some new legacy characters, but I remember the family theme being a welcome breath of fresh air among DC team books at the time, especially contrasted with Metzler's recently relaunched Justice League, which I found cold and sterile. And then we get into Thy Kingdom Come, which I think is as good as anything Johns ever did with the JSA.

JSA from start to finish was very enjoyable and well done. Justice Society of America on the other hand, starts off pretty good and then goes down hill. Way to many characters, convoluted plot, and stupid Magog garbage.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I love the 1999 (and 2006) JSA series! I always liked the characters but this book made them my favorite super hero team. Characters like Jay Garrick, Hawkman, Green Lantern and Wildcat in the spotlight and being taken seriously. So good. I would say the 1999 series was great up until after Princes of Darkness. It was still good after that but not like those first 50 plus issues. And man those Alex Ross covers for the 2006 books. What a treat those were.

I give Johns a lot of crap for some of the books he has done but he was great on this book. Plus he made me a character in one of the issues and that was really cool. To all of a sudden read your name in one of your favorite comics while on lunch.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    It’d better be worth it.
    I'm afraid you may be disappointed. Hopefully not.

I didn't care for too much after Stealing Thunder - and I hated the art in that one.

Justice Society of America was neat and it got me into the JSA. I liked the first couple of trades and I did enjoy seeing KC Supes meeting Mainstream(?) JSA. I stopped at Black Adam's return but for the life of me I can't remember it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

My volume 1 of this with issues 1-15 just came today, I'm so pumped! This will be my first time reading and JSA

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    My volume 1 of this with issues 1-15 just came today, I'm so pumped! This will be my first time reading and JSA
    Hope you enjoy!! Let us know what you think!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    Those were the best issues of the series IMO. I loved that initial lineup of the team with Hippolyta, Starman, and the android Hourman.

I love this series. It's a shame it's probably not getting reinstated as canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I love this series. It's a shame it's probably not getting reinstated as canon.
    I am really not looking forward to the JSA having to start from square one with the DCU again.

Astonishing Member

DC doesn't understand the JSA or its legacy aspect. Editorial's attempt at doing JSA was handing it to b-list hired hands who all had a proven track record of following orders from editorial or the Earth-2 under Robinson, which stripped away much of the significant history of the characters. The original Robinson/Goyer/Johns could have been a golden goose for DC and these guys choose to kill the goose than have it lay eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I am really not looking forward to the JSA having to start from square one with the DCU again.
    Well, at the moment we're only guessing if/what will or won't be brought back, so no point worrying at the moment.

However, if you expect the worst, you're less likely to be disappointed . . .