Page 489 of 573 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493499539 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 8586
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    I think the question now is, when they move on to the next story arc of the season, is it still going to be in space and in the future, or are they heading back to the past?
    I expect it will be on the surface. there has to be another obelisk on the surface to send them back.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I was surprised they killed off Ben and Tess so soon. They seemed like they were being groomed for more of a role in the story.

I was disappointed that they called Fitz a "marauder" instead of a Ravager. Missed chance for a GotG tie-in there, however slight.
    If only there were a bunch of aliens whose blood could bring back the dead walking around....

The Ravagers were being pushed toward "good guy" status at the end of GotGII, they probably didn't want to taint that.
    Sounds perfect.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    If only there were a bunch of aliens whose blood could bring back the dead walking around....
    Their blood alone can't do it, it has to be synthesized into the GH.325 serum. And I'm guessing they'd do that over Coulson's once again dead body.

Anyway, if the SHIELDers do their job, this timeline won't even exist anymore.

I wonder where they're going with Flint/Jaycen. I doubt they'd introduce him just to erase him.

I would think they might find a way to put Earth back together or something, and avoid erasing this reality... but that would mean the whole MCU would have a canonical fixed future, and I don't think the Marvel PTB would allow that. Would kind of rob any future threats of global apocalypse of their drama.

Astonishing Member

They destroyed all records related to project T.A.H.I.T.I. (it's a magical place) the facility has lied buried under a mountain. As far as I can remember the doctor who ran the program also died around that time, so having a bunch of Krees walking around means nothing really.

Their blood alone can't do it, it has to be synthesized into the GH.325 serum. And I'm guessing they'd do that over Coulson's once again dead body.

Anyway, if the SHIELDers do their job, this timeline won't even exist anymore.

I wonder where they're going with Flint/Jaycen. I doubt they'd introduce him just to erase him.

I would think they might find a way to put Earth back together or something, and avoid erasing this reality... but that would mean the whole MCU would have a canonical fixed future, and I don't think the Marvel PTB would allow that. Would kind of rob any future threats of global apocalypse of their drama.
    The movies never acknowledge the show so as long as they dont do something that puts them at drastic odds with the MCU then i think they will be ok. We have to be able to maintain belief that these things take place in the same world thats all really. Was last year the first time no movies effected AoS or were mentioned at all? Civil war/TWS/Thor /AoU TDW all had impacts or were mentioned IIRC i could be way off. But last year we had two space movies and a smaller in scope Spidey movie.

Mighty Member

The Kree are awesome.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    The Kree are awesome.
    I got a Blue psychos in love vibe from their last scene.

So I guess that old woman is the little girl who likes to draw in the past.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Yes, I guess Robin got longevity as part of her Inhuman package.

It looks like this arc will be a full half season. The show might go on hiatus during February sweeps.

I guess we won't talk about how what's left of Earth can possibly maintain orbit, much less a breathable atmosphere and ecosystem, in its current state.

Boisterously Confused

It looks like this arc will be a full half season. The show might go on hiatus during February sweeps.

I guess we won't talk about how what's left of Earth can possibly maintain orbit, much less a breathable atmosphere and ecosystem, in its current state.
    Shhhh. Shhhh.

If you're wondering how they eat and breathe, and other science facts,
    Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show I should really just relax..."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Anyone think that Graviton will pop up? The presence of that gravity manipulating rock and gravity storms makes me think they will finally address him.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Anyone think that Graviton will pop up? The presence of that gravity manipulating rock and gravity storms makes me think they will finally address him.
    That would be a really deep pull. If he's been stuck in that ebon/silvery lava-lamp all this time, he'd likely come out very cranky.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    As a matter of fact I thought that's where they were going just with the discovery; that was the same stuff Graviton was working on right?

Got to hand it to the writers, Kasius is way more interesting that I thought at first.

Extraordinary Member

Another really good episode of aos.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The movies never acknowledge the show so as long as they dont do something that puts them at drastic odds with the MCU then i think they will be ok. We have to be able to maintain belief that these things take place in the same world thats all really. Was last year the first time no movies effected AoS or were mentioned at all? Civil war/TWS/Thor /AoU TDW all had impacts or were mentioned IIRC i could be way off. But last year we had two space movies and a smaller in scope Spidey movie.
    There are some things from the show that made it to movies.

by Neoxon
    For the record, most of the issues concerning the TV side of the MCU is mainly with the characters (be it Quake, Coulson, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, Punisher, & now Ghost Rider) crossing over into the movies (Ex: Infinity War), not if the TV/Netflix stuff is actually canon or not. Feige himself said that having the TV characters at some point is inevitable, & it's not like anything in the movies directly contradicts what's on the TV/Netflix shows (or vice versa). Both the TV/Netflix shows & the movies are still in Earth-19999, it's just that Perlmutter is supposedly holding back the characters from being able to cross over into the ensemble films. Hopefully they can work this out by the time the Inhumans movie drops (likely 2021, judging by Feige's recent comments at Comic Con), so they can at least make a slight nod to the Inhumans outside of Attilan.

by Eddie
    I did a full MCU film binge before Civil War, and the last two Phase 2 films actually have subtle AoS connections that apparently went over everyone's heads. Nick Fury got the Helicarrier from "old friends". He's referring to Coulson. Not only do we see that in AoS, Coulson's also the only common friend of Fury and the Avengers that could have possibly hooked him up with one.
    Ant-Man also reveals to the film audience that Hydra is still around despite being"finished" in Ultron... except AoS viewers were already in on that thanks to the S2 finale. They're small connection, but they do exist (Fury's dialogue in particular really couldn't have been referring to anyone else).

by belltown213-0-557076
    There was even a little Agent Carter Easter egg shout out to the character Dottie Underwood in Civil War when Bucky told Cap he used to date a red head named Dot back in the 50's.
    Infinity War will probably feature a bunch of MCU TV character similar to how the X-Men series just spotlights the main mutants while the rest are there as wall paper to fill out a scene.

by Bajan Samurai
    Yeah, it is clearly all in the same universe, it is just people get forgetful of crossover instances (Fury or Lady Sif showing up before) or over assume when news of behind the scenes division of control (cinema properties - TV properties) comes up. The issue is that some people assumed that connected meant all showing up occasionally and all referencing each other, which was never their intent.
    It is not easy to get as many movie stars to make a TV appearance (scheduling, location) and it is not easy to synchronize an event from a TV show [that could have been filmed last month or last week and shown today] with an event(s) following it in a film that had wrapped photography a year prior and still comes out after the TV event. It is harder to plan for a movie to reference a TV show's events that it doesn't even know will be happening when they are already filming.
    The one they (sort of) pulled off was inferring that Coulson was responsible for Nick Fury acquiring the helicarrier they used in Avengers: AoU, but even that probably required a lot of pre-planning since the AoS probably had not even fully fleshed out how their season was going to go.

by Midlife Comix2 hours ago (edited)
    Gonna have to disagree with you on the whole "They would have just called the Avengers" thing. As we know from comics the FF, Avengers, X-Men, etc don't just pop up in each others comics all the time that easily to clean things up. How many times has Spidey been outmatched and ran to the Avengers, the Sanctum Santorum, or the Baxter Building only for those teams to conveniently be "out of town"? 1000's of times. So when it happens in Live Action it's different? Not at all.
    You see Daredevil fight things like Vampires but does he just call Blade every time? Nope! So why would that HAVE to happen in Live Action? And as far as references not only was "The Incident" referred to but also the Hulk, Thor, Cap, etc Cottonmouth mentions Cap, and Method raps about Iron man in Luke Cage.
    Yes I get some of these are obscure references but references none the less. Also remember [SPOILERS for DD Season 2] when Frank grabs that CD labeled "Micro" from his house before blowing it up? Skye aka Daisy from Agents of SHIELD mentions her hacker friend "Microchip" and this was way back in Season 1 of that show. For those that don't know Microchip is The Punishers partner in his war supplying the Punisher with weapons and tech support. Also if youve been watching AoS theres at least FOUR different direct references, technology, and direct dialog from previously aired episodes of AoS that "somehow" made it into Civil War. Not a coincidence.

byJosh Harper
    "If you ignore Agents of SHIELD" that's like saying if I ignore the fact that I have a heart then I'm actually dead. Ignoring something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You're right that Agents of SHIELD has much bigger references to the MCU and is very clearly linked with the multiple cameos and guest appearances from movie characters (Lady Sif, Maria Hill, Nick Fury, even Coulson himself), but the Netflix shows do clearly have links, albeit much smaller ones, but we do literally see Stark tower in a picture, The Hulk in a picture, a Levitation in a picture, Hammer Tech weapons, name drops of Stark and Captain America, etc. Whilst they are small, yes, they are still showing us quite clearly that it's the same universe. Leob has confirmed it many times and Feige has said "We want to incorporate the show characters into the movies" meaning even he deems them canon to the MCU.

I came back to read this page and nothing else since i left.
    Anyway that's it from me.
    Bye.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-13-2018 at 04:50 PM.