Page 556 of 573 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 8586
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Deke is around because they killed Lincoln off.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I think Daisy is closer to hooking up with Sousa than with Deke.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Lincoln died in S3 and we're at S7. I think it's more because he's FitzSimmons' grandson that a dead lover from years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Lincoln died in S3 and we're at S7. I think it's more because he's FitzSimmons' grandson that a dead lover from years ago.
    The show needed a poorly written love interest for Daisy. Deke was their best option.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

But is he a love interest when she's not shown him a fraction of a second's worth of attention? People were "shipping" her GR but she didn't even look at him that way either so what makes Deke different? A love interest implies it's a two way street not one sided crush. That's just embarrassing on Deke's end.

I did say poorly written.

~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't think he's poorly written. With the possible exception of early-season-1 Ward, who was kind of a stiff before they gave him his heel turn, I think all of the characters have been very well realized. Same with Deke. They could easily have left him in the future or had him wink out of existence when that future got cut off. He is doing just what the writers want him to do, and I'm pretty sure that will turn out to be more than just hanging around and getting the occasional pie in the face.

I don't think he was ever intended to be a real love interest for Daisy. He had a crush on her because she's pretty and has kewl powers. But Daisy has precisely zero romantic interest in him, there have been no signs of that changing, and we're 7 episodes from the end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    OMG, this is the most amazing preview for a television show I have ever seen.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

He never really was a love-interest for Daisy, and she never needed one. Frankly, the show has had way too many romances as it is. Nothing about him has ever been really necessary, but he has been useful. Everything he's ever done could have easily been done with other characters.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Of course the show never needed it, but the showrunners feel the need to have someone fawn over Daisy every couple seasons.

~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    He never really was a love-interest for Daisy, and she never needed one. Frankly, the show has had way too many romances as it is. Nothing about him has ever been really necessary, but he has been useful. Everything he's ever done could have easily been done with other characters.
    With Fitz around sure but that doesn't negate his usefulness on the technical side when they actually needed additional assistance. Him fawning over Daisy between S5-6, I agree on the front he was completely unnecessary.

Astonishing Member

Occasionally Deke has a good scene, like when he's complaining about how sexist ad racist the past was and how some thing's never change.

Astonishing Member

He's gotten better writing in S7 that's for sure.

To be fair, when they had him stealing Shield tech to become a mogul, he wasn't meant to be likable.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Deke Squad.”We meet Deke’s band in the sneak peek for 7x07 “The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and The D”

Last edited by juan678; 07-07-2020 at 10:47 AM.