Page 569 of 573 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573 LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,535 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I like Chloe Bennet and wouldn't mind seeing her pop up in future Marvel movies or tv shows. (I feel like they have to have at least ONE of them pop in somewhere else - that'd be SO great), but what would Quake do? ..... I am becoming concerned she'll end up leading a new version of Afterlife to honor her mother's legacy. (perhaps with her sister)
    If Marvel wants to do more with Inhumans, they'd be a lot better off using Daisy as the bridge to that rather than anything that happened in the Inhumans TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Sousa sure did have a problem with the name "Quake".
    I guess he's not used to code names. That was a great moment, Mack being Daisy's protective older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I dunno, the first half of the season undoubtedly started out strong with some of the best episodes in the entire show (imo), but since the return to Afterlife the momentum of the season's really dropped for me. I just can't find Malick and Kora interesting, and Malick is more annoying than threatening. It's kind of a return to form that I thought the show had outgrown. The season opened up with colorful (and even B&W) bombast, but despite the 1980s setting here, it feels routine and paint by numbers. Set the events of this episode and the last couple in the 2020 and there wouldn't be much to set it apart -- our characters just aren't hampered or affected the way they were in previous episodes, including the Deke and Mack murderbot episode. By contrast, not only have all the other period piece episodes been great, but the mind bender that was Agents of Groundhog's Day made full use of that effect to make one of the best time hiccup episodes ever.

Ultimately I just feel like this episode moreso than the rest of this season did maybe the least to advance anything. We still know Malick has a grand scheme with Sibyl, we still know Kora is in conflict, we still know Simmons can't remember Fitz. The reveal of the Chronicom fleet was beautiful but we knew a confrontation had to come some time since they're the real big bads, so it wasn't a big surprise. SHIELD facilities getting blown up is a nice spectacle but we've seen so little of SHIELD in the 80s to care (whereas not only did we see a fully staffed Lighthouse in the 70s, the whole adventure was a hoot).
    I would've liked to see more of SHIELD as an expansive organization and everything throughout the episodes like we got early on. I did like Mack dealing with losing his parents and Yo-yo getting a handle on her powers in the later episodes, though. Depending on how they conclude Coulson's story, I may or may not like how he's been handled this season.

[

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Note that the finale is weirdly scheduled tomorrow... instead of 9-11 as you would expect, it airs from 8:30 - 10:30.

And I probably won't get to see it until Thursday.
    I'm seeing 9-11 on my cable guide. Not sure what I need my DVR to do, now.
    I may have to get this whenever ABC releases it to On Demand if the DVR misses a half hour.

It's going to be kind of sad to see this go.

Mighty Member

Coulson's new car is awesome.

Honestly couldn't have asked for a better series finale. I'm going to miss this show so much.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member

I understand the costs and schedules of the actual actors might have prevented actual appearances, but I'd have loved to get some callbacks to people like Mockingbird and Hunter or Deathlok. Or now that the show doesn't need to worry about conflicting with the MCU a few passing references to things like The Snap (if they are still pre-Endgame) or Tony's death (if they are now in 2023).

I was half expecting the 804 items to be things like Cap's shield, the Asgardian stall from season one, and such.

The death count by the end of the episode was a surprise. Not really what I was expecting.

Oh well, it was a bumpy ride. Hope we see some of these people again in the MCU.

Finally the shambling corpse has been put to rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I wouldn't be THAT hard, but yeah, the show felt played out at this point. While this Season was better than 5 and 6, you felt that there really wasn't anything more to explore.

In fact, I still think the Season 5 finale would've been the perfect ending. But nevertheless, I enjoyed this last ride and I will miss the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Too bad you didn't enjoy it and felt a need to throw some salt - I thought it was a good show that had some great moments.

While it would have been awesome to have more callbacks and connections to the greater MCU, I thought it was wrapped up nicely. I have some plot issues with the greater storyline, but I'm ultimately sad to see it end and it's been a great ride. Coulson's been around since the first Iron Man and it's been so long since the first Avengers movie that rather than it being cool to see him on a tv show, it's become so much cooler to rewatch him in the movies, talking smack to Stark or Thor or working with Black Widow now that we've become so accustomed to seeing him as the TV show guy. It wasn't always the best, but I have to give it credit for some really good stories over the years.

#onceanagentalwaysanagent
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-13-2020 at 01:32 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 08-13-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Wellp, just finished it. Pretty satisfactory in the end and all things considered, though I couldn't help imagine how awkward it must have been to be those 1983 SHIELD agents in the background that had nothing to do meeting a team of unfamiliar agents all speaking gibberish.

Some thoughts:

- I kinda wanted Sousa to be in that final circle considering all they've been through with him, though he likely sat out being the outsider looking in. Still, he was a welcome addition to the show and though he served primarily as the everyman/voice of the audience, he easily proved his worth time and again. I'm glad he's an Astro Ambassador.

- Speaking of which, Agents of SWORD right there

- I swear to god, Mack better show up in a proper MCU movie given his new role

- Also, I wouldn't have said no to Samuel L. Jackson coming back in a cameo or retired role, but it's no biggie

- Hoo-boy, 1983 Victoria Hand

- I kept wondering if the assembled 1983 agents and their items had some ties to, say, the Howling Commandos or so

- When Deke stayed behind, I kinda wanted everyone to go, "Okay. Bye." with little fanfare. Sure, I know it's unrealistic for these characters, but I wanted to believe, dammit.

- IRL Midtown Manhattan had a blackout on August 12, 1983. Does that give us a date for the episode?

- "So THAT's what she can do." Agent Sousa about Yo-Yo, which kinda reminds us how very few superpowered fight scenes this season compared to previous seasons. I'm guessing it's less budget and more so that the season arc can proceed at breakneck pace given how much they needed to pack in 13 episodes, but still.

- Speaking of which, I kinda feel like Yo-Yo's been the least developed agent this entire season, save for Special Guest Star Fitz. But she still got her happy ending, so it's all good. She had her own personal crisis of self-worth, only to end up leading her own team. Good on her.

- It looks like Yo-Yo is Fox Quicksilver-levels of fast but with MCU Quicksilver-style speedster streaks.

- Good to see Piper again. And LMD Davis was a hoot.

- The reveal of Baby FitzSimmons was telegraphed 12 parsecs away, so it came across as a bit too saccharine and sentimental for me. But still, it's a natural evolution given the couple.

- I'm so completely glad that May got one last kick-ass scene and a one-liner. I miss this May and she got the showcase she deserved.

- Human-powered May beating half the Chronicoms, including knocking out Big Bad Sibyl herself was fantastic but maybe it shows how skilled Enoch is as a Chronicom given how he handily beat May and the others combined several times over in the Groundhogs Day episode

- Speaking of which, in the past I would've been annoyed at normal humans getting superpowers in this show because it kinda defeats the premise of a team of human agents tackling superhuman threats. But not only was May's empathy powerset given a good chunk of time to develop, it's also not an Inhuman power, either. Yay!

- Sibyl is so very easy on the eyes. We finally get to see her after being the big bad puppetmaster all season with only sporadic shots on screens, but Tamara Taylor is gorgeous.

- As always, it was wonderful to see Enoch again. I may have said that every week this season, but I'm glad he was along for the ride in the finale.

- Sure, the Quantum Realm and Daisy's "death" had to evoke comparisons to Endgame. It's nice to see an MCU element like the QR once more, and for a TV show the effects weren't too bad compared to the movie (well, it was more like the Zephyr and the fleet were at station-keeping, I suppose to minimize the effects), but it still looked great. The death, on the other hand, seemed a little hokey.

- Those Chronicom ships were gorgeous

- I suppose we'll never get a clear explanation of AoS during the Infinity War/Endgame time skip? Or at least, not in this finale. And not that the show necessarily needs to give that detail, but MCU timeline enthusiasts, have at it. I *do* imagine the cast at least being told about the Snap, collectively throwing their arms to the air, and just exhaling in deadpan, annoyed frustration.

- Zoom meetings are now done in VR

- Y'know, if the pandemic lasts long enough (gosh, I hope not), I'd love to see a Zoom-style reunion episode in a few years, like Parks & Rec (you know they'll find ways to bring back faces like Deke and Enoch, and maybe even Lance and Bobbi, too).
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-13-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Incredible Member

I enjoyed it, more than Endgame, Iron Man 3, and Ragnarok. Great send off to the series and awesome action. Nice to see the couples coupled at the end, and a hint that May might with Phil. All in all a good finish to series.

Best cameo - Lola.
    Sounds perfect.