Page 278 of 573 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 8586
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithTwoCats View Post
    Here's a wild guess about Simmons:
    She's on Achernon being chased by these guys http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Achernonians (very little info, though)
    A) they are humanoids, so the SFX cost will be low
    B) mostly rocky, volcanic surface of the planet
    C) gravity and atmosphere seem to be survivable but could easily be changed
    D) Achernonians can dematerialize (I assume that's what they mean by "can turn immaterial") so basically they're invisible until the plot says otherwise
    I think you'd be better of scouring the annals of Marvel history for creatures/people with blood-sniffing abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think you'd be better of scouring the annals of Marvel history for creatures/people with blood-sniffing abilities.
    how so? is someone sniffing the blood?

Not necessarily. I think some speculated that Simmons smeared mud on the cut on her head to somehow hide the scent of blood, but I think that's reading too much into what she was doing.

Packing dirt/mud into a wound to help it clot and stop bleeding is a fairly common survival technique (for cases where you have no medical supplies.) It comes with a high risk of infection... but it's a good thing to do if the alternative is to just keep on bleeding.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Simmons realized she was bleeding and quickly acted to cover the scent of blood. Then we heard something growling. Safe to assume she thought the smell of blood would attract whatever's chasing her.

Of course, it's a pretty standard ability for beasties and people with beast-like attributes. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Not necessarily. I think some speculated that Simmons smeared mud on the cut on her head to somehow hide the scent of blood, but I think that's reading too much into what she was doing.

Packing dirt/mud into a wound to help it clot and stop bleeding is a fairly common survival technique (for cases where you have no medical supplies.) It comes with a high risk of infection... but it's a good thing to do if the alternative is to just keep on bleeding.
    She's a doctor, so this is definitely something she would know, too. So it's possible.

I think people assumed she was masking the scent of blood because she seemed so damn worried about it. It wasn't a "oh I'm bleeding, better pack mud into it to help it clot and stop bleeding faster" reaction, it was a "oh, sh*t! I'm bleeding! Crap, crap, crap..." reaction which would be over the top for such a little cut unless it was the smell of blood she was really worried about and not the injury itself.
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 10-02-2015 at 10:25 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

IMHO it was definitely an "oh damn, I have to cover the scent of my blood" reaction, not a medical one.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

It would also prevent the blood from dripping and leaving a trail for a tracker to follow. So could be either an animal predator or a human/humanoid hunter. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It would also prevent the blood from dripping and leaving a trail for a tracker to follow. So could be either an animal predator or a human/humanoid hunter. Or both.
    Or from just getting in her eyes. Head wounds can bleed a lot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post

It was just a minor scratch though, no gushing wound.

Quote Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It was the Hebrew WORD for death, not symbol. And why would Fitz speak Hebrew? It's not the kind of language that a scientist would normally know.
    Well he's not just a normal scientist, he went to the SHIELD academy, and as we've seen the field agents know lots of languages.

And he could be Jewish.
    He's also spent the last few months Indiana Jonesing for an answer to what happened to Simmons. He likely would have taken the time to learn the rudiments of the languages necessary to read any scrolls or inscriptions he found.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Seems a bit odd for her to scale a cliff top just to find mud to cover a wound xD

But i wonder what could be hunting her, i mean it can't be THAT powerful otherwise she'd be dead since she's been there for a month or two according to the show's timeline. Simmons isn't a survivalist so I imagine she's surviving based on luck.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Seems a bit odd for her to scale a cliff top just to find mud to cover a wound.
    She only noticed she was bleeding after she scaled the cliff.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It was just a minor scratch though, no gushing wound.
    Without access to basic medical supplies, even a scratch could become infected and therefore a major problem... even though I think she was masking her scent, it also makes sense to take whatever medical care she can of herself with what's available.

She doesn't know how long she's going to be there... and we don't know how long she's been there. We probably shouldn't assume time passes there at the same rate it does in our world -- I mean, compared to each other. It may've been one or two months here, but it could've been one or two days where Simmons is.

Then again, usually for dramatic effect, more time usually passes in whatever hell dimension the character is trapped in vs. Earth time. For instance, differing accounts of the Negative Zone are:

"two weeks pass in the Negative Zone for every hour on Earth"

"every minute on Earth is a little over five and half hours in the Negative Zone"

"While one day passes in our universe, eleven months go by in the Negative Zone."

"Conversely, while one day passes in the Zone, only 25.7 seconds go by in our universe."

Etc... which would mean Simmons has been there -- and staying alive -- for a lot longer than anyone would think... I guess she wouldn't age or eat or anything, right? ;P Anyway, those are just examples from wikis (Wikipedia and Marvel Wikia), not saying it's 100% of the situation Simmons finds herself in.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Without access to basic medical supplies, even a scratch could become infected and therefore a major problem... even though I think she was masking her scent, it also makes sense to take whatever medical care she can of herself with what's available.
    The thing that sells makes me think she was masking the scent was that she looked terrified, and the urgency with which she started digging for water. Like every second mattered.

Then again, usually for dramatic effect, more time usually passes in whatever hell dimension the character is trapped in vs. Earth time. For instance, differing accounts of the Negative Zone are:

"two weeks pass in the Negative Zone for every hour on Earth"

"every minute on Earth is a little over five and half hours in the Negative Zone"

"While one day passes in our universe, eleven months go by in the Negative Zone."

"Conversely, while one day passes in the Zone, only 25.7 seconds go by in our universe."

Etc... which would mean Simmons has been there -- and staying alive -- for a lot longer than anyone would think... I guess she wouldn't age or eat or anything, right? ;P Anyway, those are just examples from wikis (Wikipedia and Marvel Wikia), not saying it's 100% of the situation Simmons finds herself in.
    Purely conjecture, unsupported by anything onscreen.
    If she'd been there for a lot longer she likely wouldn't still have her clothes in relatively good shape and her hair no longer than it was when she went through the... gate, or whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Seems a bit odd for her to scale a cliff top just to find mud to cover a wound xD

But i wonder what could be hunting her, i mean it can't be THAT powerful otherwise she'd be dead since she's been there for a month or two according to the show's timeline. Simmons isn't a survivalist so I imagine she's surviving based on luck.
    Two months. I thought she'd been gone for 6 months, atleast that's what I think.
    Currently reading: Daredevil(2011), Amazing Spider-Man(2014), Moon Knight(2015), and Pop Goes the Weasel(1998)