Page 468 of 573 FirstFirst ... 368418458464465466467468469470471472478518568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrj_rich View Post
    According to its teaser, Inhumans will make its television premiere this fall. Inhumans will be eight episodes. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. probably won't be 22 episodes. Inhumans could take over the tuesday at 10 slot until AOS mid-season return.
    Would they really want to doom The Inhumans right from the start by putting it in that crappy time slot? After a bunch of sitcoms?

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Freaking happy it got renewed ..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Damn, Fitz. Worst breakup ever.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ILsyqA6zPg#t=2m6s

You could kind of Tell that actor, lian is it? Has had to deliver that kind of news before. That looked far too natural to be acting, not surprised, look at that face, guy probably pulls models off the runway just be walking by. He is drowning in opportunities to the point where he has to turn women away.

Ultimate Member

I think that the tragedy behind Ophelia's character is that she wanted to a "good human." at how she reacted when she saved Mack. And, with enough time and the right guidance, maybe she could be. But she's not getting either right now.

And yeah, poor Fitz really needs to learn how to let a girl down easy. That was NOT the right way to handle that particular situation. My immediate thought upon seeing that was "he's never had to break up with someone before has he?"

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Fitz was thinking of his own trauma when he was talking to Aida. He probably wasn't even thinking about breaking up.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Each week after Supergirl, Flash and Arrow (which I all like) this show is always a notch above.
    Better scripting, acting and characterizations.
    AoS is the best "comic book" show now on the air better than both the CW and Netflix shows and it's almost criminal that its rating are so bad. I blame so called MCU fans for not supporting it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fitz was thinking of his own trauma when he was talking to Aida. He probably wasn't even thinking about breaking up.
    This. Fitz is so messed up by what happened in the Framework that he isn't really thinking clearly about anything else. It completely eludes him that he might be going about things the wrong way with Ophelia, because he's so tormented by his own pain.

Ironically perhaps, it is Ophelia's own actions that ultimately result in the way she is rejected. She has created her own tragedy, in the classical Greek style. She has nobody to blame but herself. But, like the emotional child she truly is, she'll blame everybody else instead.

Quote Originally Posted by McMax View Post
    AoS is the best "comic book" show now on the air better than both the CW and Netflix shows and it's almost criminal that its rating are so bad. I blame so called MCU fans for not supporting it.
    I'd put Legion ahead of it for sure as that show is actually breaking new ground in terms of comic book storytelling.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    This. Fitz is so messed up by what happened in the Framework that he isn't really thinking clearly about anything else. It completely eludes him that he might be going about things the wrong way with Ophelia, because he's so tormented by his own pain.

Ironically perhaps, it is Ophelia's own actions that ultimately result in the way she is rejected. She has created her own tragedy, in the classical Greek style. She has nobody to blame but herself. But, like the emotional child she truly is, she'll blame everybody else instead.
    Well pretty sure Radcliffe's shitty programming and poor guidance and oversight once he started hanging out with Agnes in the framework is largely to blame.

Children learn to not act like children because they have responsible parents. Not only was Radcliffe not responsible, all of Ophelias worse traits can be traced back to the bad example he set with his ends justify the means mentality when it came to saving Agnes.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by sethchristianmartel View Post
    I was holding out hope she was going to become Jocasta, sticking around where everyone on the team somewhat hates and distrusts her, while she does her best to be a hero.
    That could be interesting, but I'd nitpick the fact that Jocasta was already name dropped in Age of Ultron. At least making the Russian MODOK-like doesn't keep the movies from doing a full-blown, more faithful to the comics MODOK (or at least it prevents my inner fanboy from going "But you already have a MODOK!").

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Ophelia Sarkissian is Madame Hydra's real name in the comics. But it wouldn't surprise me if that name influenced the writers' decision to make her a bugnuts crazy tragic figure.
    True. Let's also not forget the name "Ophelia" refers to serpents as well, a good fit for someone in control of Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I wasn't shocked at all. Mallory was terrific (and funny) on Galivant. She deserves a very long career, IMO.
    I was shocked simply because she was so funny and over the top on Galavant (as was everyone else on that show, that was the point). Her freakout at Fitz was genuinely scary.

Too many high and unreasonable expectations from MCU fans for the show, I think. If we're talking strictly Marvel/DC superhero stuff then yeah, I would agree that Agents of Shield is the best out there. I'd put it above the Netflix stuff for the reason it's managed to do so many stories and keep my interest for four full seasons.

Not even close. Legion has it beat by miles

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was shocked simply because she was so funny and over the top on Galavant (as was everyone else on that show, that was the point). Her freakout at Fitz was genuinely scary.
    I hope Fitz doesn't have a pet rabbit.

RIP Powers Boothe. First Bill Paxton, now this
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 05-15-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    RIP Powers Boothe.
    Indeed.

Rest In Peace Sir.
    You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Rest in Peace, such a good actor
    we can be heroes, just for one day