Page 1 of 573 123451151101501 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Agents of SHIELD (SPOILERS)

Seeing as it is my favorite currently on-going series this is where we will discuss Agents of SHIELD.

To recap. Huge bombshell dropped last episode. Triplett is black is his ancestors? Did Coulson get two guards murdered? Give Fitz his monkey!

Anyway, last episode had quite the reveal of Coulson being behind Project T.A.H.I.T.I. but whether the GH serum is a Kree or not remains to be seen. Personally I think this was a great twist that really adds to Coulson's character. he's just found out that this whole time he's been fighting against himself. Also Fury not only went against Coulson's warning, but did it to Coulson himself. Just one of many things this show has been doing to add to just how dark Fury is willing to go.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 04-30-2014 at 05:07 PM.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

I don't even remember what we were talking about. Maybe the Man-Thing mention?
    I didn't realize there were Easter Eggs for it in Iron Man 3 mainly because I didn't care enough about Iron Man 3 to look up Easter Eggs afterward. LOL

I will say one thing, the part about Coulson being against TAHITI explains why he was screaming "Just let me die!". He knew what it would do to him.

All-New Member

So Coulson had been administering testing of the TAHITI project on a "downed Avenger", did I hear that right?

Who were the initial tests on that responded so badly that Coulson advised against continuing?

Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    So Coulson had been administering testing of the TAHITI project on a "downed Avenger", did I hear that right?
    I think it was in case of a downed Avenger, not necessarily on one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2128 View Post
    Who were the initial tests on that responded so badly that Coulson advised against continuing?
    Could just be on random dead agents but you never know, they could use it in creating Man-Thing or something.

Ps, if anyone is looking for the old thread , for 14 days you can view it here
    http://oldforums.comicbookresources....D-quot/page215

The Hydra infiltration and resulting conflict has really helped this series pick up. I wasn't a fan of it during the early episode, but now the stories are much more interesting - the inclusion of more MU properties also seems to be a big help.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I think it was in case of a downed Avenger, not necessarily on one.

Could just be on random dead agents but you never know, they could use it in creating Man-Thing or something.

Ps, if anyone is looking for the old thread , for 14 days you can view it here
    http://oldforums.comicbookresources....D-quot/page215
    Man-Thing already exists. His wife was in Iron Man 3 with the scar on her face she got from when he attacked her in the lab.

But for how long has he existed and for how long did TAHITI go on? We don't really know the timeframe of when Coulson started on that project.

Not that I think they need to tie in Man-Thing with TAHITI, I just wonder if it could be one of those random ideas.

Some closure on the Guest House mystery, nice to get that out of the way. So it was a S.H.I.E.L.D. installation after all, level 10 judging by the video message by Coulson. I guess those two guards were never there when Coulson was running things, if they knew him I'd have expected some acknowledgement of that, even if just among themselves.

This was the first week that Dalton genuinely impressed me. Even after his heel turn, I hadn't been completely sold on his performances. But that scene with Skye on the bus, when he played it with just the right touch of slightly crazy, that was good stuff.

Boisterously Confused

Before I was so rudely interrupted [thanks Jonah :P], I was pointing out that Coulson told Captain America in The Avengers that he was there at the defrosting.

It makes me wonder:
    1) Was Cap thawed out at the Guest House?
    2) Were they about to hit him with the Jesus Juice when he revived (or did they hit him with it)?
    3) Were they about to harvest his Jesus Juices?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    3) Were they about to harvest his Jesus Juices?
    I'm thinking this one. It would make sense for them to wonder after Cap was revived if it was possible to revive mere mortals. Maybe they even took some blood but it didn't work like that and in trying to revive the super soldier program somehow got an alien in the mix and it went from there. Maybe Kree(?) have regenerative powers and so the idea to use them on fallen heros was born.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Some closure on the Guest House mystery, nice to get that out of the way. So it was a S.H.I.E.L.D. installation after all, level 10 judging by the video message by Coulson. I guess those two guards were never there when Coulson was running things, if they knew him I'd have expected some acknowledgement of that, even if just among themselves.
    One of them did recognise him.

By the way, when was the Man-Thing thing? I missed it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    By the way, when was the Man-Thing thing? I missed it.
    Here you go. It's in this clip

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    After watching the episode these were my exact thoughts. Carabas pointed out that one of the guards did recognize him, but I don't remember exactly what was said. I was planning on watching that part of the Guest House episode again because of this.

I remember an article mentioning Sam L. Jackson would make another appearance this season, well with one more episode left I'll assume it's the finale, which if they want the series to continue would make sense after this episode of Hill trying to drive in the fact that Shield's dead, Coulson and co. will need a reason to keep on going if there's a season 3.

And come on Phil, was can assume Thor at least knows you're back now, why not clue in the other Avengers as well? Hell I think Tony was as devastated by his death as any other member if not moreso.