Page 547 of 573 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 8586

I'm not gonna pretend like the shows time travel rules line up with Endgame, but I don't really care either, it's definitely an exciting first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I'm not gonna pretend like the shows time travel rules line up with Endgame, but I don't really care either, it's definitely an exciting first episode.
    It kind of does they just don't know you can't change the future only create alternate realities.

Runaways is the problemic one because they erased their former selves which goes against the version of time travel in Endgame.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

While there is potential for them simply not knowing the future can't be changed that way, it would be kind of weird for the Chronocoms to not know about it before dropping so much effort into it, unless their plan is revealed to be creating a new ideal timeline they wish to occupy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    It kind of does they just don't know you can't change the future only create alternate realities.
    Deke mentioned time travel theory and said he didn't believe in the alternate reality theory. Maybe the writers are blowing off the movies for once and doing time travel their way.

If they just have to save Malick's father, Hydra may not be an ongoing theme this season.

Did May look different in the final scene? Maybe it was just the angle and her hair in the way, but it looked like a different person altogether.
    Sounds perfect.

It would certainly cheapen the tension of the plot significantly if they really are in no danger at all and just don't know about it.

That first scene with LMD Coulson was pretty tense. It's crazy how Simmons, Daisy, and Mack had to decide whether or not to activate him, and all the data that went through his head. He seemed to be going back to his old Coulson self, though, when he fanboyed FDR.

I love the twist of having to save Gideon Malick's bloodline to preserve SHIELD's history plus Koening's ancestor.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Deke mentioned time travel theory and said he didn't believe in the alternate reality theory. Maybe the writers are blowing off the movies for once and doing time travel their way.
    I liked Deke's theory because it still puts limits on what they can do (ripples and not waves).

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Wouldn't killing Johann Schmidt have made a lot more sense than... Freddy Malick? Seems like Red Skull was a much bigger instigator for the formation of SHIELD than he was.

And if the Chronicoms think killing Freddy will go on to prevent SHIELD from being founded, it seems like they believe in the Butterfly Effect theory... and, having been studying this for thousands of years, probably know more about it than Deke.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Wouldn't killing Johann Schmidt have made a lot more sense than... Freddy Malick? Seems like Red Skull was a much bigger instigator for the formation of SHIELD than he was.

And if the Chronicoms think killing Freddy will go on to prevent SHIELD from being founded, it seems like they believe in the Butterfly Effect theory... and, having been studying this for thousands of years, probably know more about it than Deke.
    Red Skull seems to have been a Rogue Member using both the Nazis and Hydra to achieve his own goals. The two logical Hydra members to take out if you wanted to stop the creation of Shield would either be Zola or Malick.

Ultimate Member

Still seems like Fitz won't play much of a role sadly...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

No Hydra, no Skull. The Skull needed Hydra's support to become the threat he was. And it's probably easier to find and kill Freddy than Schmidt.

Deke believed the Butterfly theory. Killing Freddy is a big enough stick to make a dam.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I liked Deke's theory because it still puts limits on what they can do (ripples and not waves).
    It's a good fix for storytelling purposes. And besides, it's just Deke's theory -- nobody says he has to be correct - whether it fits with Endgame time travel rules has yet to be proven. (and personally, it doesn't really matter to me... I didn't get into all the time travel conversations when Endgame came out, and it's not something I need to spend a lot of time with)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 05-31-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Mighty Member

So Enoch was suppose to get trapped in the past perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    So Enoch was suppose to get trapped in the past perhaps?
    So that he and Koenig can become founding fathers of Shield, good episode liked the Redskull tease.