Page 530 of 573 FirstFirst ... 30430480520526527528529530531532533534540 ... LastLast
Results 7,936 to 7,950 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Would not have been a surprise if Davis choke slammed her to the deck and he and Piper took turns stomping her.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that would have been a surprise. Understandable, maybe, but a surprise.

I think in recompense, Davis and Piper should finally get first names.

Extraordinary Member

maybe I drank a little too much tonight before the show...but did anyone else see Fonzie putting on water skies??

I loved it. Both funny and tragic. Don't think it was shark jumpy at all. So far I am liking this season.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

I like Deke. This was the first earth based episode I liked this season. I think my problem with the earth bound side is I think there are too many boring characters. Yo Yo is boring other than her powerset. The new doctor/science guy is a super boring fillin for Fitz and Jemma. I like Mac as a leader and character, but I would like to see more. I always enjoy him and deke playing off each other. When he offered him 2% of the company to not tell anyone about the pervy video that was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I think my problem with the earth bound side is I think there are too many boring characters. Yo Yo is boring other than her powerset.
    Yes, thank you for saying so. I have found Yo-Yo boring since she first appeared. All the relationship stuff with her this season has been a snooze fest.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, that snooze-fest ended pretty spectacularly this episode.

I am also liking this season a lot. Really wondering what the deal is with Sarge and his crew. According to the preview, apparently they are riding the currents of time and space to hunt down these crazy zombie birds who turn people into geodes. (OK. that sounds a lot stupider when I type it). So they consider themselves the good guys, although they don't seem to care about collateral damage much. They seem to be from the "kill 100 people to save 101, call it a win" school, which is very Thanos-y.

I think the Kree might be the element that brings all this together:

1) Sarge hunted down Deke and told him he wasn't supposed to be here, apparently referring to his time displacement. But chasing down temporal refugees doesn't seem to be Sarge's prime mission. Maybe it was Deke who unknowingly brought these parasites back in time with him from the future... a future that was dominated by the Kree.

2) Coulson was saved in the past by Kree blood. Could that somehow be connected to why Sarge looks just like Coulson, has the same DNA and apparently some kind of vague memory fragments? If so, then Daisy could be affected too, since she was also saved by Kree blood.

Man, Deke was turned up to 11 this episode. Maximum Deke. But his girlfriend was actually out-annoying him. (Hi, Maurissa.)

I like this new direction, and apparently other people are too... the show's ratings are up noticeably this year. Probably because of the move to Friday, where they're no longer up against popular competition. Maybe for them it will be the Friday Life Slot.

Two weeks until the next ep.

Astonishing Member

The show has played on Friday since last season. The only difference is that it's airing in the summer, which may explain the slight resurgence in the ratings.

Mighty Member

I want that Quake simulation game.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I want that Quake simulation game.
    Deke is mighty lucky that Daisy is several light years away right now.

I have to admit, the Quake game (Engine?) was a neat way to get actors from two different plot lines for a scene together, even though technically their characters are separated by an entire galaxy.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I think it would be cool if the space SHIELD members (Daisy, Jemma, Fitz, etc.) meet the Starjammers, and instead of CGI for the more alien-looking members of the crew (Cr'eee, Sikorsky) they can use puppets, like they did for Farscape.

I know it's probably not going to happen since the Starjammers are more connected to the X-Men than SHIELD.

Thank you for your time and patience for tolerating my small weird opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I think it would be cool if the space SHIELD members (Daisy, Jemma, Fitz, etc.) meet the Starjammers, and instead of CGI for the more alien-looking members of the crew (Cr'eee, Sikorsky) they can use puppets, like they did for Farscape.

I know it's probably not going to happen since the Starjammers are more connected to the X-Men than SHIELD.

Thank you for your time and patience for tolerating my small weird opinion.
    I'd do a lot of things for more Starjammer material in general.

Extraordinary Member

I liked the look Mack and Deke gave each other when they trapped the baddie in the game.

I wasn't clear on how that guy ended up in the Framework. I must have missed something.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I wasn't clear on how that guy ended up in the Framework. I must have missed something.
    I assumed as soon as he walked through the door Mack ambushed him by placing the stuff on him. Earlier we saw that the hookup was pretty casual, Deke didn't need a huge VR helmet and could sit in a lounge chair in the middle of the room. But I didn't get a good look at the guy's condition other than him being on the floor.