Page 529 of 536 FirstFirst ... 29429479519525526527528529530531532533 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,935 of 8026
  1. #7921
    The Ozman Who Laughs The Ozman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    In the video they find in the guy in the wall. The wolrd is being destroyed by black swarms of something. Doesnt look very Thanos ish. Also dont know Thanos Dimension hoped and they seem to be form another earth. I think the Twist is they arent bad guys. They are going earth to earth trying to stop this thing from destroying it. But they have been doing it and failing so long they have become cold and detached. All they care about is the mission. I mean have the killed anyone for no reason at all yet? THE sheild agent had a gun to one of Coulsons people and he doesnt have time to waste explaining himself.
    I don't know, even if they have become detatched, they still seem a bit too at ease with human casualties for me to believe they're trying to help. Snowflake certainly seems to have no issue with killing people, especially since she thinks they get reincarnated anyway.

    I still think there's some bodysnatching going on. In another post I mentioned the Star Trek episode where aliens recovered dead bodies from other species and resurrected them before erasing their memories and giving them new identities, and I think this could be something similar. Sarge said the name Coulson was familiar, but if he was just an alternate Coulson then surely he would know the name rather than it just be vaguely familiar. The way he said it was like he couldn't recall why he knew it. Makes me wonder if this is actually our Coulson, but resurrected and given a new identity. Maybe some part of Coulson is still in there. Wouldn't be the first time someone messed with his memories.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

  2. #7922
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    I don't know, even if they have become detatched, they still seem a bit too at ease with human casualties for me to believe they're trying to help. Snowflake certainly seems to have no issue with killing people, especially since she thinks they get reincarnated anyway.

    I still think there's some bodysnatching going on. In another post I mentioned the Star Trek episode where aliens recovered dead bodies from other species and resurrected them before erasing their memories and giving them new identities, and I think this could be something similar. Sarge said the name Coulson was familiar, but if he was just an alternate Coulson then surely he would know the name rather than it just be vaguely familiar. The way he said it was like he couldn't recall why he knew it. Makes me wonder if this is actually our Coulson, but resurrected and given a new identity. Maybe some part of Coulson is still in there. Wouldn't be the first time someone messed with his memories.
    Well I meant Sarge isnt a bad guy and is just detached and cold. The rest his crew who knows. The way something was swarming the earth I'd say Anihilus but apparently Annihilation is the plot line for New Avengers rumors has it.

    So they came to earth snatched the bodies and then went back to where they came from before jumping back to earth? No matter if its dimension of just regular space travel it's dangerous and doesnt appear to be easy for them.

  3. #7923
    The Ozman Who Laughs The Ozman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    So they came to earth snatched the bodies and then went back to where they came from before jumping back to earth? No matter if its dimension of just regular space travel it's dangerous and doesnt appear to be easy for them.
    It does sound a bit convoluted when you say it like that, but I don't think the bodies were used for this particular purpose. Everything we've seen in regards to Sarge and his companions seems to indicate they are rogue and have gone off book. I would suggest that the bodies were snatched and reprogrammed (for want of a better word) for another purpose. Maybe as a way of replenishing soldiers in an army or something, and for whatever reason Sarge and his group have deserted and gone on their own mission.

    I'm probably totally wrong, but that's just the impression I get.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

  4. #7924
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    It does sound a bit convoluted when you say it like that, but I don't think the bodies were used for this particular purpose. Everything we've seen in regards to Sarge and his companions seems to indicate they are rogue and have gone off book. I would suggest that the bodies were snatched and reprogrammed (for want of a better word) for another purpose. Maybe as a way of replenishing soldiers in an army or something, and for whatever reason Sarge and his group have deserted and gone on their own mission.

    I'm probably totally wrong, but that's just the impression I get.
    I mean it's possible. But I get more this a Coulson from another earth who has had a rough life. That's why hearing someone call him by his name threw him off. And then he said something about the name sounding faintly familiar. I think that's just him eluding to the fact that hes not that person anymore and because of circumstance hasnt been in a long time.

  5. #7925
    The Ozman Who Laughs The Ozman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I mean it's possible. But I get more this a Coulson from another earth who has had a rough life. That's why hearing someone call him by his name threw him off. And then he said something about the name sounding faintly familiar. I think that's just him eluding to the fact that hes not that person anymore and because of circumstance hasnt been in a long time.
    I get what you're saying, and it's totally possible you're right. It just didn't really seem to me like it was simply a name he'd not heard or used for a long time. The way he referred to it seemed more like he had no idea why it was familiar.

    I guess we'll find out soon enough though with only 10 episodes to go.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

  6. #7926
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,660

    Default

    This season is not off to a very good start at all. I mean they used the old "the cast are all high" troupe which is one of the top 5 laziest ideas in TV already for gods sake. I really do not care about the outer space Fitz in Space plot at all, and think it is just dragging things down. I want to see Quake back on Earth and coming face to face with evil Coulson.

  7. #7927
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    I get what you're saying, and it's totally possible you're right. It just didn't really seem to me like it was simply a name he'd not heard or used for a long time. The way he referred to it seemed more like he had no idea why it was familiar.

    I guess we'll find out soon enough though with only 10 episodes to go.
    Ok,yea I took it more as he didnt want to talk about his past with any of his crew so gave them a half answer. But yea who knows more likely its something none of us are guessing going on

  8. #7928
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,808

    Default

    Jemma is really in that annoying phase again, just like during the Framework arc.

    She is like a petulant child in this regard, if it feels right to her, she WILL do it, everybody else's opinion be damned.

  9. #7929
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Petulant children are not right nearly as often as Jemma is.

  10. #7930
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Petulant children are not right nearly as often as Jemma is.
    Speaking of children wasn’t she supposed to be pregnant with future Fitz last season? She did start vomiting when their grandson was comforting her.

  11. #7931
    The Ozman Who Laughs The Ozman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Speaking of grandsons, where the hell is Deke? Jeff Ward is listed as a cast member, but he's not even had so much as a mention yet (unless I missed something).
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

  12. #7932
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Speaking of children wasn’t she supposed to be pregnant with future Fitz last season? She did start vomiting when their grandson was comforting her.
    I thought so, but I guess she was just vomiting with disgust that Deke was her grandson. (Which seems kind of extreme... Deke isn't that bad.)

    It may have just been misdirection so we wouldn't think Fitz was safe because he hadn't yet impregnated Jemma and made Deke possible.

    Edit: Deke is in the next episode. He was seen in the preview, happily and cluelessly greeting Sarge as "Coulson."

  13. #7933
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I thought so, but I guess she was just vomiting with disgust that Deke was her grandson. (Which seems kind of extreme... Deke isn't that bad.)

    It may have just been misdirection so we wouldn't think Fitz was safe because he hadn't yet impregnated Jemma and made Deke possible.

    Edit: Deke is in the next episode. He was seen in the preview, happily and cluelessly greeting Sarge as "Coulson."
    Or maybe the baby is back on earth and that is making her irrational in trying to bring daddy home?

  14. #7934
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,881

    Default

    There isn't any need or guarantee for Fitz and Simmons to have a baby anymore... the timeline in which Deke existed is now closed off. Deke is still alive because he escaped from that timeline before that happened. Back to the Future rules don't apply, though that fact leads to many paradoxes of logic and cause-and-effect that I'm sure the show will never try to unravel.

  15. #7935
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Jemma is really in that annoying phase again, just like during the Framework arc.

    She is like a petulant child in this regard, if it feels right to her, she WILL do it, everybody else's opinion be damned.
    Would not have been a surprise if Davis choke slammed her to the deck and he and Piper took turns stomping her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •