Page 457 of 573 FirstFirst ... 357407447453454455456457458459460461467507557 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fiege said it's difficult for the shows to affect the movies because the movies have a greater degree of planning than the shows.
    It's sort of understandable. A movie can take 2-3 years to make, and in that much time the status quo for the change can change significantly. You can try and writer season 1 agents of shield into a movie at the early planning stages but by the time the movie comes out the current season of the show can look very different from the season 1 version.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's sort of understandable. A movie can take 2-3 years to make, and in that much time the status quo for the change can change significantly. You can try and writer season 1 agents of shield into a movie at the early planning stages but by the time the movie comes out the current season of the show can look very different from the season 1 version.
    Effectively what they'd have to do is let the movie writers write it. Movie guys get the directive, "Incorporate these characters into the movies." Then the TV people would have to be told how the movie incorporates the characters and they'd have to write to match it.

... of course the trouble comes with how much a movie script changes from start to finish of production. While they may have wrote the AoS team into the movie in the initial script, by release it may have changed... or been cut entirely.

Spring 2016: "Ok Jed and Maurissa: the Russos have your team doing X in this movie slated for a fall 2018 release. You need to write in that direction so that your characters will be in the right place in 2018."
    Spring 2017: "Ok Jed and Maurissa: we changed all of this stuff. Now you need to do Y in the fall instead of X like we told. Also we're shooting this stuff over the summer."
    Spring 2018: "Sorry Jed and Maurissa: ABC opted not to renew the show. Best of luck!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I would be astounded if there's ever any reference at all to AoS in the movies.
    Not AoS, SHIELD. One of the blunders of AoU was not restoring SHIELD to the movies for how the hell do you explain the Helicarrier(BTW where is it now?). IW should bring SHIELD and you even can have Nick Fury running it.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McMax View Post
    Not AoS, SHIELD. One of the blunders of AoU was not restoring SHIELD to the movies for how the hell do you explain the Helicarrier(BTW where is it now?). IW should bring SHIELD and you even can have Nick Fury running it.
    Well, Joss wrote AoU so at least the AoS continuity was in his mind. But it seems like the Marvel movie people are not very happy with AoS... maybe because it brought Coulson back.

I think any of the Avengers actors would have been willing to do walk-ons on the show, but the movie people wouldn't let them.

My dream is to have a scene where Black Widow, Quake, Mockingbird, and Melinda May all kick some ass together.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

so in this reality, hand recruited ward into the resistance.

oh the irony.
    Last edited by master of read; 04-25-2017 at 07:25 PM.

So they can make living tissue with Project Looking Glass. One or more of these fake people definitely coming back to the real world with a real body.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    Effectively what they'd have to do is let the movie writers write it. Movie guys get the directive, "Incorporate these characters into the movies." Then the TV people would have to be told how the movie incorporates the characters and they'd have to write to match it.

... of course the trouble comes with how much a movie script changes from start to finish of production. While they may have wrote the AoS team into the movie in the initial script, by release it may have changed... or been cut entirely.

Spring 2016: "Ok Jed and Maurissa: the Russos have your team doing X in this movie slated for a fall 2018 release. You need to write in that direction so that your characters will be in the right place in 2018."
    Spring 2017: "Ok Jed and Maurissa: we changed all of this stuff. Now you need to do Y in the fall instead of X like we told. Also we're shooting this stuff over the summer."
    Spring 2018: "Sorry Jed and Maurissa: ABC opted not to renew the show. Best of luck!"
    Logisitcally it's just too hard to do. I think they can draw on broader themes from the show, such as maybe the Inhumans. Or maybe they can use characters who the TV shows aren't focusing on anymore.... like possible Ghost Rider or something. But there can never be a legit two way synergy between the shows and the movie.

I do think the Net Flicks shows might be easier to incorporate. Things don't fly quite as quickly on the Net Flicks shows as they do Agents of SHIELD. And it doesn't seem like things change quite as radically. Even then there's likely some difficulties but it's at least easier.

So guessing Fitz will promise Radcliffe and Agnes an organic body to get him to betray SHIELD.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    So they can make living tissue with Project Looking Glass. One or more of these fake people definitely coming back to the real world with a real body.
    I would vote for Tripp. It was lame how he was killed off and replaced with crappy Mack. I hope Mack stays in the framework and never wants to leave and is replaced with Tripp. I can dream can't I?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The Darkhold's basic power is creating matter from nothing. Which is exactly what you'd need to create a world... a REAL world, not a computer simulation. I think the Framework is the beginning of the multiverse, and the people in it are real. Which means it should be possible to bring its natives into our world... Grant Ward, Mack's daughter, Trip.

The Darkhold takes over its users and forces them to safeguard the worlds it creates... which is why Aida's prime directive is to preserve the Framework, and now Fitz's as well (he's apparently read the Darkhold, since he was working on the machine by himself). The machine he's created will probably have the effect of allowing the Framework world to exist independently of its computer coding in our world... and allowing Aida to have a real body in the Framework which can then be exported into our world.

The existence of Fitz and Aida's machine is therefore a good thing, as it will grant independent life to all the people in the Framework. Team SHIELD just has to prevent Aida from piggybacking on that for her own purposes.

As for Radcliffe, I think the speculation is correct that he will be offered a piece of that action (a new real body in our world)... but I'm hoping he finally finds the strength of character to refuse, or to pretend to accept and then betray Hydra.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I would vote for Tripp. It was lame how he was killed off and replaced with crappy Mack. I hope Mack stays in the framework and never wants to leave and is replaced with Tripp. I can dream can't I?
    I get the feeling that Ward is probably another person that will get a body to come into the real world. I would also not be surprised if Hope also gets a body for the real world so Mack can come back and have the daughter he never had in the real world; either that or he stays in the Framework.

On the off chance this show is going out, at least it is going out on top.

This show is really reaching its peak this season.

Spectacular Member

I hope Trip comes back. The show should be able to have more than one black guy, which is why they killed him off in the forst place.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    I get the feeling that Ward is probably another person that will get a body to come into the real world. I would also not be surprised if Hope also gets a body for the real world so Mack can come back and have the daughter he never had in the real world; either that or he stays in the Framework.
    Ward I think is at least the most likely candidate. He's been a part of the show since day one, and is Daiseys main love interest.

I'm guessing Mack actually decides to stay in the Framework.