Page 105 of 573 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    I think its highly unlikely Skye's father is Maximus. Everything he says about Skye and Raina is couched in terms of how they're special and have a destiny, he never includes himself in that phrasing, which seems to indicate he knows it doesn't apply to him. He never handles the obelisk directly himself, and in general just doesn't conduct himself like someone in exile....rather just like someone with knowledge, which he no doubt got from Skye's mother.
    I think it's possible that this city is Attilan. If it is then the Inhumans would have already been established on Earth and that Skye and Raina could be the next gen of Inhumans to "awaken". That could explain Maximus being Skye's father and also how he knows so much about the obelisk and the city. The Inhumans could have abandoned Attilan and headed for the Blue area of the Moon. Or the Kree could have returned and taken the rest of the Royal family.

Just a theory.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    Strucker had the staff in the Winter Soldier credits teaser, but I don't think he said anything that implied it was the source of the Twins' powers.
    I believe its Feige who said that in a couple interviews asking about the twins' powers and if they'd be Inhumans. Now its possible he was lying to hide the twins are Inhumans plot reveal, but I'm inclined to believe him on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I think it's possible that this city is Attilan. If it is then the Inhumans would have already been established on Earth and that Skye and Raina could be the next gen of Inhumans to "awaken". That could explain Maximus being Skye's father and also how he knows so much about the obelisk and the city. The Inhumans could have abandoned Attilan and headed for the Blue area of the Moon. Or the Kree could have returned and taken the rest of the Royal family.

Just a theory.
    Anything's possible, but I highly doubt it, and I doubt this city is Attilan. First off, while the Inhumans move a lot, they always take their city with them. Nothing about this city so far suggests any sign of advanced technology or even that Inhumans ever lived there....it might just be the temple that contains the Terrigen mists, and after they're exposed to it, new Inhumans move on to Attilan. Kinda like a gateway, only the worthy (altered Inhumans) can move past it to Attilan.

My guess is that Raina and Skye will be exposed to Terrigenesis next episode and gain powers after the break, and the back half of the season will involve some kind of search for Attilan or more Inhumans, once Skye and Raina's transformation reveals there's a whole other race of superhumans living out there, not just a few names on SHIELD's index.
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 12-03-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Incredible Member

I believe its Feige who said that in a couple interviews asking about the twins' powers and if they'd be Inhumans. Now its possible he was lying to hide the twins are Inhumans plot reveal, but I'm inclined to believe him on this one.
    What did he say?

Anything's possible, but I highly doubt it, and I doubt this city is Attilan. First off, while the Inhumans move a lot, they always take their city with them. Nothing about this city so far suggests any sign of advanced technology or even that Inhumans ever lived there....it might just be the temple that contains the Terrigen mists, and after they're exposed to it, new Inhumans move on to Attilan. Kinda like a gateway, only the worthy (altered Inhumans) can move past it to Attilan.

My guess is that Raina and Skye will be exposed to Terrigenesis next episode and gain powers after the break, and the back half of the season will involve some kind of search for Attilan or more Inhumans, once Skye and Raina's transformation reveals there's a whole other race of superhumans living out there, not just a few names on SHIELD's index.
    True. It all depends on how faithful they'll adhere to Inhuman's lore.

BANNED

Yeah, we may not develop the Inhumans theme for a while. Certainly, there can be all sorts of things to explore before the movie, but the broad strokes to understand the movie are already out there (and can be summarized in a sentence or so); you could spend quite some time exploring the details (not to mention that the SHIELD vs. HYDRA struggle actually can take place on several different fronts other than the Inhumans....)

Frankly, I neither expect nor want exact adherence to the comics. I want the core idea with a few stray details, and then have the MCU develop in their own way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    What did he say?
    I'd have to hunt for the interview but he was asked about the possibility that the twins were Inhumans instead of mutants in the movies, and he said something like 'no, no, what we're doing with the Inhumans is something different....I can see how people might think that, but Loki's staff that you saw Strucker had, it was more experiments with that which created the twins...' *Shrugs* It was a ways back, and I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist. I believe it came up a couple other times as well. Again, he could have been lying, but I don't think so as the impression I always got from the interviews was that he wasn't particularly concerned with spoiling the source of the twins' powers as it didn't seem like that was a big part of the movie or integral to the plot. More like its a 'well we can't make them mutants, here's the quickest and easiest way to explain why they have powers, okay moving on' kinda thing in the movie.

Amazing Member

So, what was up with Mack and Bobbi? The whole thing about whether or not to let Hunter in on their "other thing"?

Spectacular Member

I'd have to hunt for the interview but he was asked about the possibility that the twins were Inhumans instead of mutants in the movies, and he said something like 'no, no, what we're doing with the Inhumans is something different....I can see how people might think that, but Loki's staff that you saw Strucker had, it was more experiments with that which created the twins...' *Shrugs* It was a ways back, and I'm paraphrasing but that was the gist. I believe it came up a couple other times as well. Again, he could have been lying, but I don't think so as the impression I always got from the interviews was that he wasn't particularly concerned with spoiling the source of the twins' powers as it didn't seem like that was a big part of the movie or integral to the plot. More like its a 'well we can't make them mutants, here's the quickest and easiest way to explain why they have powers, okay moving on' kinda thing in the movie.
    I'm not trying to say I possess encyclopedic knowledge of Kevin Feige interviews, but there has been enough persistent and vocal speculation on the internet as to the non-mutant origins of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, that if Fiege revealed in an interview that their powers came from the staff it would have been pretty widely reported and discussed all over the place. I'm inclined to believe that you have misremembered something.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, the Inhuman lore does present possibilities of "hidden tribes" not associated with Attilan. I believe Medusa put it as those who left long ago that didn't want anything to do with the Kree culture, but of course in the MCU the hidden tribes could just be those not loyal to the royal lineage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    So, what was up with Mack and Bobbi? The whole thing about whether or not to let Hunter in on their "other thing"?
    Heh. Back half of season 2.

Incredible Member

I'm not trying to say I possess encyclopedic knowledge of Kevin Feige interviews, but there has been enough persistent and vocal speculation on the internet as to the non-mutant origins of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, that if Fiege revealed in an interview that their powers came from the staff it would have been pretty widely reported and discussed all over the place. I'm inclined to believe that you have misremembered something.
    Fair enough. We'll find out in a few months.

BANNED

Well if Raina does get powers I would guess it be something to do with exerting mental control over others.

Incredible Member

The problem is I came to the same conclusion based on the Winter Soldier stinger and I've never read the Feige interview. Is the clip posted somewhere online (legally)?

Incredible Member

Never mind. I still haven't found one of the interviews I was remembering, but I did find one, and another one I hadn't seen before that supports what I was remembering.

This article was from back in March and refers to an interview Feige did with Huffington Post just before it:

Given that Marvel Studios and 20th Century Fox share partial rights to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and only the latter company can acknowledge the characters' true mutant heritage, Marvel have to go another route for the superhero twins' roles in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. While we may learn of that route by the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Kevin Feige was asked by The Huffington Post yesterday if the Inhumans will be used as a leeway.

"Well, Inhumans is something that we are definitely thinking about and we think there's great potential there for a great movie," he said. "But, no, no -- we have not linked those two." Asked to clarify that the Inhumans have nothing to do with Marvel Studios getting around Mutants, he said "As it relates to Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? No. No, no, no." Judging by Feige's latter comment, it could just be the Maximoffs (played by Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson) that will not be considered Inhumans, however, there are additional superpowered characters rumored.
    That's the interview I remembered where Feige specifically denied that the twins will be Inhumans.

Then there was this article which reported on the live interview Feige did with Empire Magazine:

Talking to Empire Magazine, Kevin Feige was quizzed on whether a character like the Scarlet Witch in Avengers: Age of Ultron could be used as a way of introducing a mytical side to the Marvel Cinematic Universe ahead of the big screen debut of Doctor Strange. "I would say that the Age of Miracles, as Strucker says at the end of that tag, could be a part of that, but the key to their origin is in that tag."Loki's staff it is then! So, what will the role of "The Twins" be in the movie? Well, as previously reported, they will indeed be clashing with Earth's Mightiest Heroes to begin with! "They're not very happy with The Avengers. Their powers are not insignificant and they're quite different from what the Avengers have faced before."
    Which supports what I remembered about him saying that the experiments Strucker was doing with Loki's staff in that tag scene were responsible for the twins' powers, but there's still another interview out there which linked the two more directly. I'll keep hunting for that one, these are just the top ones that came up when I did a quick google search.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBubba View Post
    Ya, I was more curious about that then the other things going on in the episode. Wonder who else was in on this considering Mack might not be around any more.