Page 570 of 573 FirstFirst ... 70470520560566567568569570571572573 LastLast
Results 8,536 to 8,550 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Wellp, just finished it. Pretty satisfactory in the end and all things considered, though I couldn't help imagine how awkward it must have been to be those 1983 SHIELD agents in the background that had nothing to do meeting a team of unfamiliar agents all speaking gibberish.

Some thoughts:

- I kinda wanted Sousa to be in that final circle considering all they've been through with him, though he likely sat out being the outsider looking in. Still, he was a welcome addition to the show and though he served primarily as the everyman/voice of the audience, he easily proved his worth time and again. I'm glad he's an Astro Ambassador.

- Speaking of which, Agents of SWORD right there

- I swear to god, Mack better show up in a proper MCU movie given his new role

- Also, I wouldn't have said no to Samuel L. Jackson coming back in a cameo or retired role, but it's no biggie

- Hoo-boy, 1983 Victoria Hand

- I kept wondering if the assembled 1983 agents and their items had some ties to, say, the Howling Commandos or so

- When Deke stayed behind, I kinda wanted everyone to go, "Okay. Bye." with little fanfare. Sure, I know it's unrealistic for these characters, but I wanted to believe, dammit.

- IRL Midtown Manhattan had a blackout on August 12, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    D'OH!

Still though, I wouldn't have put it past the writers to include a reference to an actual historical event.

Loved it. Loved the show. Still the best comic book show on. Glad they went out on such a high note.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Loved it. Loved the show. Still the best comic book show on. Glad they went out on such a high note.
    I’m just happy the characters basically got a happy ending. Yes, they’re not a team anymore, but they’ll still keep in touch and are all relatively comfortable where they are in helping rebuild SHIELD (or in Fitzsimmons’ case, happily married with a child).

There was a moment near the end when Simmons wasn't very coherent when I thought she was going to blurt out her daughter's name and Zeke would say, "Why did you say that name?!? ... That was my mother's name!!"

Spectacular Member

As much as an a-hole.past Garret was, I wish he had.died fighting and not lime random mook

Astonishing Member

Could Deke's timeline by any chance be the same one Captain America went back to live out his life with Peggy Carter in? It'd be nice to think that just after Sousa vanished/died that Steve came back to balance the loss.

Now that the series is over, would you all agree with Season 6 being the weakest season overall?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The FitzSimmons ending felt a lot like the Fringe ending. Good for them.

Splitting the team felt kind of forced, but all around, it was a great finale.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Amazing final season. Felt cinematic in quality the whole time. It was obvious all the main actors enjoyed this last run. Definitely leaving on a high note. I really hope we can see the characters in the MCU or on Disney +.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Now that the series is over, would you all agree with Season 6 being the weakest season overall?
    No. I'd still say the first was worst.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxton View Post
    As much as an a-hole.past Garret was, I wish he had.died fighting and not lime random mook
    Not saying this is preferable, but it was kind of appropriate that he was killed by Alternate Hand, considering that Garrett Prime was the schemer and the bait that gave Ward the opening to kill Hand Prime. She essentially died in the presence of Garrett Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    No. I'd still say the first was worst.
    Agreed. The sixth one, at the very least, kept my attention going to get me this far till the end. I was on the verge of giving up on the show in season 1.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The second half of season 1 was too strong to say it was the worst season. I liked them all, but seasons 3 and 4 were probably the least compelling for me.

I though the finale was great. Fitz Ant-Manned himself... and that was a missed opportunity to have Paul Rudd do a guest cameo. But I have to say the Quantum Realm was not something I'd considered.

Also, I would have added a scene of the Deke Squad, now in their 60's, playing a sold-out Madison Square Garden. Or possibly a county fair...

Highlight for me was seeing Mack, now director of a fully-functioning SHIELD, standing on a helicarrier deck in a Nick Fury duster.

What exactly did Kora do to revive Daisy? Didn't know resurrection was among her powers.