Page 21 of 573 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Something that struck me on a feverish Friday afternoon.

Agent Melinda May has a mother.
    Who was involved in spycraft.
    Who was played by Tsai Chin.
    Who was a Bond Girl in You Only Live Twice.
    Agent Melinda May dresses in black leather. Akin to a catsuit.

Therefore....

Melinda May is the daughter of James Bond. And goddaughter to Emma Peel and probably John Steed.

QED.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Something that struck me on a feverish Friday afternoon.

Agent Melinda May has a mother.
    Who was involved in spycraft.
    Who was played by Tsai Chin.
    Who was a Bond Girl in You Only Live Twice.
    Agent Melinda May dresses in black leather. Akin to a catsuit.

Therefore....

Melinda May is the daughter of James Bond. And goddaughter to Emma Peel and probably John Steed.

QED.

Emma Peel and John Steed, eh?

So what you're saying is: she's practically an Avenger already.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Look!

Renewal news! Yay! And "Agent Carter" ordered to report to TV duty, too. ;P

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52693
    Yay! I can't wait to see how they do Agent Carter.

I didn't see this posted.

That conversation between Raina and Garret makes me so happy

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I don't even remember what we were talking about. Maybe the Man-Thing mention?
    The Man-Thing mention made me happy, mainly because he's linked to Bobbi, but also because Man-Thing's ridiculously adorable.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    The Man-Thing mention made me happy, mainly because he's linked to Bobbi, but also because Man-Thing's ridiculously adorable.
    Only if you have no fear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Emma Peel and John Steed, eh?

So what you're saying is: she's practically an Avenger already.
    Ayup!

(Man, I can't be the first one to think of this....)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBeetle View Post
    I didn't see this posted.

That conversation between Raina and Garret makes me so happy
    That's an amazing end to the conversation, making us think that Raina and Skye will... evolve, somehow. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Ayup!

(Man, I can't be the first one to think of this....)
    Haha, it's great that you did; thanks for sharing. ;D Yet another reason why Melinda May is awesome.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I don't think the barbershop has been seen since the 1970s (maybe a throwaway appearance -- I don't remember any -- but not with any regularity).
    I don't know what you'd define as "regularity" but I recall seeing it several times in the 80s and early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    I'd have to watch again but..maybe?

It does bring to mind that line about "SHIELD having enemies" from Avengers, though, too. Wonder how many of those folks were HYDRA too?
    I doubt they were Hydra, simply because that would imply that Hawkeye knew that Hydra was still around and had infiltrated SHIELD. Plus, while inciting chaos and discord was part of Hydra's plan, helping an alien race enslave/destroy the planet would seem to run counter to their agenda.

Although I wanted a little more from Ward's backstory, I did enjoy it. I thought he was going to kill that dog right away when he realized he didn't have any food.

Coulson and May undercover was hilarious. Then May got badass again when she flipped down the hallway and gave Skye her speech. I want her to put Ward down.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Who said anything about the Avengers not working together in SHIELD's absence? Obviously they will be, because they're making another movie about them. And given Maria Hill's comments in the last episode of AOS, it seems pretty likely that they aren't working with any other government agency.
    We don't know whether or not the Avengers have teamed up again since. Aside from those working with SHIELD and going on missions together (like Cap and Widow), I don't think they have operated as a group. Especially not Thor and very unlikely Hulk. I'm not saying there wasn't a Captain America/Iron Man team-up or two, but I don't think the Avengers have done anything as a team since the first movie. Not that that necessarily has anything to do with SHIELD...

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Interesting parallels between the Centipede soliders and what's going on in Arrow. This is almost like a Doom Patrol/X-Men coincidence. Let the conspiracy theories begin.
    Slade Wilson is and always has been working for Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by dr. doctor View Post
    My issue with Quinn's plan of attempting to sell Centipede to the military is that after the Hulk, Abomination, and all of the other attempts to recreate Cap failed, why would the army still be willing to invest in supersoldier tech?
    The difference being the Deathloks are cybernetic. Meaning they come with kill switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Nice touch with the Deathlok program starting in 1990 - The year that the first solo Deathlock comic was released. And the line about the stuff sold on the back of comic books!
    Nice catches. And was Coulson's pizza ordering name a reference to Phil Jimenez?

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Garrett's "training" of Ward seemed a bit contradictory, he told him to "don't trust anyone, not even me...attachment is weakness" but wants Ward to follow him loyally and blindly.
    Garrett knew he had Ward as soon as he said "Yes". Even if Ward didn't trust him, not completely, he would follow him anyway because he had no other options. And Garrett made it look fun.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I wish they would've given Ward a bit more personality from the beginning. I think the audience would've really felt the same sense of betrayal that the team felt if he were someone we had grown to care about.
    But why waste time on false characterization? I'm glad we got to see Ward through the eyes of the others. Fitz saw him as a brother type to joke around with, May saw him as a comrade in arms and someone to take the edge off with, and Skye saw him as a mentor/protector/love interest. Ward was basically playing to what everyone wanted him to be.

Incredible Member

Since Garrett can see "inside" things, did the blue juice give him Cosmic Awareness, like Capt Marvel, and prove it was a Kree in the tube?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Since Garrett can see "inside" things, did the blue juice give him Cosmic Awareness, like Capt Marvel, and prove it was a Kree in the tube?
    I don't think this is what happened, but even if it did, that would not be proof of anything.

Chloe Benett saying in an interview it was a Kree, and the dead alien having the same symbol on his chest as movie-Ronan, that I would consider proof. Or at least a very elaborate and deliberate misdirection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That wouldn't actually prove anything, since Mar-vell's cosmic awareness didn't really have anything to do with him being Kree. He got cosmic awareness when he was given the role of Protector of the Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Although I wanted a little more from Ward's backstory, I did enjoy it. I thought he was going to kill that dog right away when he realized he didn't have any food.
    I thought that, too! I guess I'm just not a dog person.

I did feel bad for the dog at the end, though. So sad.
    Prεtty Pεnny

I know this is a thread with spoilers, to be avoided when you're not up-to-date, but I always thought that doesn't cover spoilers from previews. Am I wrong about that? There's some stuff in the last couple of posts that I prefer I hadn't read.