Page 496 of 573 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498499500506546 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 8586

They've been teasing the loss of Yo-yo's arms multiple times, so I was lulled into a false sense of security that they wouldn't actually do it. I was stunned when it finally happened. I hope she gets the prosthetic arms. I like her character and don't want her sidelined.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The assassin daughter should be a character in a Runaways comic. I find it amusing her still acts like a brat after coming back from a mission.

Well, that was a disappointing episode. I don't know if this story arc is going to be enough to keep me interested in the show. I'm getting tired of the tiny group on the run theme and also getting tired of Daisy's constant self-pitying shtick. Coulson looks old and tired, which could be a representation of what his character has gone through but right now seems more like Clark Gregg being tired of playing him. I'm also getting tired of the constant theme that these people are so damned important that every bad guy is willing to shift into overkill to get rid of them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Does ninja daughter have a Marvel 616 counterpart?
    No idea. But the moment I saw the costume my mind went straight to Oubliette the Exterminatrix. Which of course led me to overbearing parents, and then to the realization that the blonde girl from the intro was under the mask, well before the reveal. Funny how things work sometimes.

I'm also getting tired of the constant theme that these people are so damned important that every bad guy is willing to shift into overkill to get rid of them.
    Oh, on that point I definitely agree.

I enjoyed last night's episode and I'm very excited for next week. I'm starting to worry about Coulson/his odds of surviving this season.

Anybody else get Suicide Squad vibes at the end of the episode?
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Quote Originally Posted by RikWriter View Post
    Well, that was a disappointing episode. I don't know if this story arc is going to be enough to keep me interested in the show. I'm getting tired of the tiny group on the run theme and also getting tired of Daisy's constant self-pitying shtick. Coulson looks old and tired, which could be a representation of what his character has gone through but right now seems more like Clark Gregg being tired of playing him. I'm also getting tired of the constant theme that these people are so damned important that every bad guy is willing to shift into overkill to get rid of them.
    Don't give up yet, bud. We have Creel coming back, and it's been listed in several outlets that GR will return. I think that, if we don't get a Season 6, there will be some good episodes to wrap up Season 5.

I do agree that the "on the run" theme is old. We viewers have needed more than this for a while. The GR and cyberverse subplots were a welcome change.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Addict View Post
    I enjoyed last night's episode and I'm very excited for next week. I'm starting to worry about Coulson/his odds of surviving this season.

Anybody else get Suicide Squad vibes at the end of the episode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Not sure I like General Hale and her daughter in the role of the main villains.

Still, the idea of them forming their own Legion of Doom seems interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I noticed a couple of "Comics" news sites are putting it more in "Thunderbolts" terms.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Aside from Nakia and Xena, I don't know of any other super characters who use a chakram as a signature weapon, so I think Ruby is an all-original creation.

Yo-Yo is definitely going to get bionic arms. She has them in the future scene where she goes to attack the Kree solo and gets captured. Kasius presumably takes them away from her.

I wonder who Hale and Ruby are working for. Not the Kree, I guess, since they seem to consider Hive's beacon no more than a gadget to reel in the SHIELDers.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Don't give up yet, bud. We have Creel coming back, and it's been listed in several outlets that GR will return. I think that, if we don't get a Season 6, there will be some good episodes to wrap up Season 5.

I do agree that the "on the run" theme is old. We viewers have needed more than this for a while. The GR and cyberverse subplots were a welcome change.
    The on-the-run thing was fresh and interesting in season 1-2, but I was happy when they went back to the official-unofficial thing with Talbot. I think that would have been a good balance, but they kind of screwed it over with fake-Daisy shooting him on national TV.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Aside from Nakia and Xena, I don't know of any other super characters who use a chakram as a signature weapon, so I think Ruby is an all-original creation.

Yo-Yo is definitely going to get bionic arms. She has them in the future scene where she goes to attack the Kree solo and gets captured. Kasius presumably takes them away from her.

I wonder who Hale and Ruby are working for. Not the Kree, I guess, since they seem to consider Hive's beacon no more than a gadget to reel in the SHIELDers.
    Rick Stoner does seem like the type of general who will store bionic arms for emergencies (probably retro looking ones though)

I'm wondering if Ruby is Hale's biological daughter, but that's my crazy hypothesis.

You know, the agents should be nicer to the aliens. I mean, two of the aliens sacrificed their lives for them.

I wonder what Ruby's obsession with Daisy is.

It looks like Hive's beacon, which the Bad Guys were only using to lure in Coulson's team, will summon the Kree for real. I'm guessing that doesn't fit in with their plans and may eventually lead to a team-up of necessity.

In the event of a Kree invasion of earth, though, it's going to be hard to explain why the Avengers aren't getting involved.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I wonder what Ruby's obsession with Daisy is.

It looks like Hive's beacon, which the Bad Guys were only using to lure in Coulson's team, will summon the Kree for real. I'm guessing that doesn't fit in with their plans and may eventually lead to a team-up of necessity.

In the event of a Kree invasion of earth, though, it's going to be hard to explain why the Avengers aren't getting involved.
    Maybe they can say that the Avengers are involved, but just in a different location from Coulson and friends?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Maybe they can say that the Avengers are involved, but just in a different location from Coulson and friends?
    But then it would still be MCU canon and would be strange that the Avengers never had any consequences from it, or even mention it in future movies.

More likely the SHIELDers will use time travel to either fix the problem before it ever happens, or retroactively erase it from our timeline.

Astonishing Member

Yeah while her own thing so far I'm seeing a lot of X-23 and Zemo ala Thunderbolts in Ruby here. I wouldn't be surprised if Hale isn't her mother so much as her handler since Ruby's locked up outside of missions.

Though I'm now questioning what skipping school/class even means in regards to Ruby's setup in the base. Did she kill the teacher who comes to teach her? Or should we even bother to question that bit? Plus, how did she even learn about Quake? She doesn't seem to have normal access to media...

Deke gave me many a chuckle. The Zima bit almost killed me.

I'm highly confused as to how that whole arm slice scenario even happened. How fast can that thing possibly go for Elena to not see it or otherwise dodge it?