Page 368 of 573 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 8586
    Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Yeah I'm a bit worried on the Ward front in regard to Daisy. So how does this Hive thing work? Is he actually brainwashing her, or what? Also my sister was annoyed with the ending because in her mind someone should have figured it was her and met her in the hanger and knocked her out. But they want to build tension so here we are. I'm hoping that she'll wake up from all of this and probably have to repent in some way. They keep billing it as someone's going to die, oddly I'm hoping it's not Slash as it might be an interesting story line seeing if May can get him back to a more human personality vs what he is now that he's changed. Anyone think that Slash is going to have some of the memories or feelings of the good doctor? .
    He's gonna retain enough memories of the doctor so that he can be a sort-of force for good against this new threat.

I thought last night's episode was good. I've been lukewarm on the show since it returned. It's still better than any Berlanti shows, IMO, but it kind of leveled off. This show's biggest issue is its tendency to hit lulls. You'll get a string of great episodes, followed by a bunch of forgettable ones. It's not even that the episodes are bad -- because that would be memorable -- it's just that you can't really remember anything significant happening. Even though I knew the turned Inhuman wouldn't be Lincoln (Obvious bait and switch), and that it would be Daisy, they handled it relatively well. They incorporated tension into scenes when there really shouldn't have been any -- really good stuff. I liked the Clue-inspired part of the episode, where all the pointing fingers ensued, with characters explaining where they were and what they were doing.

I stopped watching during Trump's speech and waited to watch uninterrupted on demand today.
    I didn't figure Daisy till she went to Lincoln's cell. A good episode. There is something about the movie tie ins that make this show even better. When Could on talks about knowing Gods, it resonates.
    Much more than references on the CW shows.

And after an especially disappointing Flash episode, this was great to watch.

Maybe the public isn't staying bwith the show, but this fanboy loves it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I stopped watching during Trump's speech and waited to watch uninterrupted on demand today.
    I didn't figure Daisy till she went to Lincoln's cell. A good episode. There is something about the movie tie ins that make this show even better. When Could on talks about knowing Gods, it resonates.
    Much more than references on the CW shows.

And after an especially disappointing Flash episode, this was great to watch.

As long as enough watch through live or later streaming, I'll be ok. I just want the show to survive and linger on, it's essentially become the best of the comic shows on television imo, at least right up there with the flash and daredevil.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    As long as enough watch through live or later streaming, I'll be ok. I just want the show to survive and linger on, it's essentially become the best of the comic shows on television imo, at least right up there with the flash and daredevil.
    Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this show. It's honestly the only one I cannot wait to see at the end of each episode. I haven't felt this way for a very long time about any show. And I can say I became a true MCU fan after this show and as great as the movies are and as amazing as the Netflix shows are, only AoS is my guilty pleasure.

While it was quite obvious for me who the Mole would be (seriously, the audience couldn't give an emotional **** about the other 3, and it makes the most sense given Hive has Ward's memories), it was still put in scene very well.
    Seems like Skye x Ward is happening after all, if only in a very twisted way xD

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post

It's way better than the Flash after that epic jump the shark moment in the last episode. And DD should not really count as a TV show because it is not and has never actually been on TV.

Ultimate Member

Something that just occurred to me...

Have they ever explained why Hive never ventured into Daniel's territory? Because it seems odd that he never chomped him down, as there really doesn't seem to be any physical reason that he couldn't have just walked in?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Something that just occurred to me...

Have they ever explained why Hive never ventured into Daniel's territory? Because it seems odd that he never chomped him down, as there really doesn't seem to be any physical reason that he couldn't have just walked in?
    Daniel knew that if you walk without rhythm, it won't attract the worm.

Seriously, I don't know why Hive would be confined to a particular territory on the planet. Maybe some kind of weakness that will become relevant later?

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Daniel knew that if you walk without rhythm, it won't attract the worm.

Seriously, I don't know why Hive would be confined to a particular territory on the planet. Maybe some kind of weakness that will become relevant later?
    There's a theory that the planet was Ego the Living Planet, so maybe that's what confined Hive to certain territories?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Wouldn't it have made more sense for the mole to be Simmons? Since she ate that snake on the Kree planet, I mean we are assuming that was part of Hive given the similarities they share right? Leading into a cool Simmons is an Inhuman arc?

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    There's a theory that the planet was Ego the Living Planet, so maybe that's what confined Hive to certain territories?
    Didn't they say Hive's presence was preceded by a wind storm? If you see that coming, it's rather easy to avoid him especially once Daniel found that cave system. Hive could also have been waiting for Daniel to run out of resources and come out, I mean stuck on a planet for centuries time is nothing to Hive.

The problem with Lincoln is that he's a completely different character than the one from Afterlife. In Afterlife, the dude had a good head on his shoulders and was a mentor and leader that often times had to keep Daisy under control. This made complete sense given Daisy was new to her powers and Lincoln had been dealing with his powers and mentoring other Inhumans long before Daisy came around. Then his character basically completely changed into this unstable guy with a temper so that Daisy could be in the leadership/mentor role as it relates to the Secret Warriors. He's basically got Gambit syndrome where the character was butchered so that his girlfriend could look better.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    The problem with Lincoln is that he's a completely different character than the one from Afterlife. In Afterlife, the dude had a good head on his shoulders and was a mentor and leader that often times had to keep Daisy under control. This made complete sense given Daisy was new to her powers and Lincoln had been dealing with his powers and mentoring other Inhumans long before Daisy came around. Then his character basically completely changed into this unstable guy with a temper so that Daisy could be in the leadership/mentor role as it relates to the Secret Warriors. He's basically got Gambit syndrome where the character was butchered so that his girlfriend could look better.
    In Afterlife, he was among people who understood and accepted him, so he felt at home there. Now he's with the people who brought destruction to that home, killed his own mentor (even if she deserved it), and brought him back into a world where he'll be considered an outsider and a monster (albeit a useful and usually well-treated monster). Considering that he already had issues pre-Afterlife, his reaction is not hard to understand. The improvement in his outlook has mainly been because of Daisy and becoming part of a team of his own kind again with the Secret Warriors.

So long, Gideon Malick...may your death not result in two more heads of Hydra taking your place.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    He's a "boring" white male, I think that's the gist for so much Lincoln hate across the internet.
    Well, I suppose with Hunter gone, the hate has to go somewhere. Coulson's the lead and Fitz is finally getting some, so, it had to be Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Also my sister was annoyed with the ending because in her mind someone should have figured it was her and met her in the hanger and knocked her out. But they want to build tension so here we are.
    Everyone was busy, and Daisy allowed herself to be locked up. She just escaped easily and without alerting anyone since she was the one who programmed the system.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    In Afterlife, he was among people who understood and accepted him, so he felt at home there. Now he's with the people who brought destruction to that home, killed his own mentor (even if she deserved it), and brought him back into a world where he'll be considered an outsider and a monster (albeit a useful and usually well-treated monster). Considering that he already had issues pre-Afterlife, his reaction is not hard to understand. The improvement in his outlook has mainly been because of Daisy and becoming part of a team of his own kind again with the Secret Warriors.
    His issues pre-Afterlife were added this year in a hamfisted attempt to make his temper tantrums and whining seem like it was a part of his nature. We saw very little if any of that in the previous season. Nor was there any real hints of some tortured or turbulent past.

And his entire time in Afterlife, I am pretty sure he was aware that there were people out in the world that hated and feared him as that was the exact reason Afterlife existed. I mean his exact role was to help people as they faced change or adversity in their lives and now all of a sudden he is completely struggling with change and adversity himself?

It makes the character feel like a huge fraud in that he spent all this time teaching people how to adjust when in fact the whole time he was completely incapable of doing the same without turning into a temper tantrum loving whiny bitch.
    Last edited by remydat; 04-23-2016 at 04:09 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.